Why couldn’t the vaunted Eagles defense stop the Cowboys offense?

CWR

Reaction score
Fair point, but keep in mind 2 of those turnovers were plays where our DB wanted the ball more than the Eagles WR. They were not fortuitous turnovers where the ball just mysteriously fell in the Cowboys lap.

Absolutely, I think I actually pointed it out in this thread as well. Two awesome plays. They can't blame those on the QB. Kearse and Bland just balled out.

Still though, that offense was a handful. Hopefully getting LVE, and Hankins back will help. We need to play more press coverage if they are rushing the ball out.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
They weren't at full strength with Gardner Johnson out, who I believe was leading the league in picks. And then they lost Maddox, which left them exposed in the secondary, which Dallas was able to exploit.

CWR

Reaction score
The defense is resting for the last few games that is why they are not doing their job...hurting the team. Battle hardened. But I would make a bet that when the games start to really count, they will stop that bull from goring them.

Good, I'd love to retire Brady en route to Philly.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Short fields from turnovers certainly helped. And Dallas exploited the injuries in the Philly secondary.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
Absolutely, I think I actually pointed it out in this thread as well. Two awesome plays. They can't blame those on the QB. Kearse and Bland just balled out.

Still though, that offense was a handful. Hopefully getting LVE, and Hankins back will help. We need to play more press coverage if they are rushing the ball out.

Agreed! Neither punter got any work in the game and the state of our defense does worry me. I don’t know that I believe they dumbed the playbook down. I think we just have too many injuries.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
They weren't at full strength with Gardner Johnson out, who I believe was leading the league in picks. And then they lost Maddox, which left them exposed in the secondary, which Dallas was able to exploit.

Maddox don't sound like he will be back any time soon. They will have to adjust, just like us without CB2, and CB3.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good thing we had all our defensive players.

bottleKids

Reaction score
That same logic when the situation was reversed earlier in the season didn't come to fruition last week.

You'd think if we played them with Rush and had our own slew of TOs, yet barely lost, then we'd smash them with Dak and not as many TOs.

It didn't work that way, and game 3 will probably be entirely different from 1 and 2. If anything I do feel good about being able to exploit their defense and concerned about our own D.

I honestly don't worry about game 3, and feel we are going to beat them based on history. My point is, the 6 point differential, off 4 turnovers, screams how exposed we are defensively currently. We have injuries, etc, but take the Eagles out of it, I have concerns going into whomever we play in the playoff.s

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
It sure their defense is vaunted.

They get big leads, then tee off.

But with their MVP QB not playing, they didn't score like normal. Also,...they turned the ball over FOUR times. No defense can "stop an offense" when their offense hands the the ball 4 times.

Eagles have a good defense (for today's game), but not great by any means. They win because of their offense,..and when you take their best player (hurts) off their offense, it's just a different team.

leeblair

Reaction score
What "propaganda" would that be? Like they're just saying they're 11-4, but they're really 5-10?
Like you know as well as I do that the Eagles , while they may have hoped to win, knew they weren't likely to with Hurts out.
That affects the way they approach the game and diminishes their intensity. And they were playing in Dallas.
It was a good win, and Prescott made some good plays, but he wasn't facing the same team Cooper Rush faced in Philadelphia.
I'm sick of people trashing Rush. He may actually be better than Dak. We don't know, but Dak has been less than stellar since taking back over.
I still think Detroit scored in the 4th quarter, and Dak has sunk the Cowboys or nearly sunk them several times with interceptions.
If Pollard and Zeke weren't having a great year, I think the Cowboys would be 8-7 right now or worse.

Kinh

Reaction score
Their offence only scored 27 in the first game, and 27 this game. I would say the difference is Prescott. He hung 40 on these clowns. He would have hung 40 on them in game 1. Prescott is better than hurts…

Dak is mid and so is Hurts.