Why couldn’t the vaunted Eagles defense stop the Cowboys offense?

starfan1

Reaction score
We are not better with the injuries to the defense. If Hurts plays we dont win that game. Defense will have to be much much better if we are going to beat them on the road in the playoffs.
I know everyone lauds hurts but I’m not certain the outcome is much different with hurts but you never know

Reactions: CWR

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Offense did play well. BUT......

4 TOs by Eagle offense and a miracle 3rd and 30 conversion were the difference.

So the Eagles didn't win at least a few of their closer games due to the opposing team turning over the ball or losing the turnover battle to them? Do you negate any game the Eagles won due to their opponent turning the ball over to them multiple times in the same game?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
So many Eagles fans in this thread. SMH.

For some reason, those constantly defending and standing up for the Eagles on this forum, don't realize that every single logic they use against the Cowboys winning on Christmas Eve can be applied to many of the game the Eagles won this season. It can be said they would lose if "insert penalty, insert turnovers, insert a few game changing plays", didn't happen. It can also be said that the Cowboys would beat the Eagles by two scores if Dak didn't throw the pick six. Yet for some reason fans are quick to downplay the Cowboys wins, while constantly praising and worshipping the Eagles.

CWR

Reaction score
You never know. Every game is different.

Cold weather doesn't actually lower scores on average. The only element that does is WIND. So yeah you're right, you never know. It could be a shoot out.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never said the defense is not at fault. I never bought into the early defense hype and knew it was going to still be a problem late season and into the playoffs.

Still can't deny even Dak giving them 7 and scoring 20pts due to turnovers wasn't a major contributing factor to the win. One turnover gifted three easy points and the other two happened near mid field where the eagles were driving down the field.

It could have been ugly for Dallas(mainly the defense) if not for the turnovers. But hey that's part of the game and glad we got em. Great momentum killers.
To be fair, the defense forced turnovers. One was a gimme, but they earned the rest.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You guys deserve what's about to transpire. The rest of us don't, but as usual we are forced to endure, while you guys make excuses.
Against the Giants, it was Dak who put the Cowboys in danger once again with an ill-timed interception. Fortunately, the Cowboys defense and the run game bailed them out. None of you are willing to talk about things like that.
I went back over the Eagles game and watched how the scoring and turnovers transpired; The Cowboys benefitted from a short field on every turnover(4), and it really looked as if both sides were going through the motions at times.
I want to give Dak some credit- I really do. But you guys are determined to ignore any of the facts. We didn't learn anything from that game. It might as well have not been played and Dallas just credited with the win.
And I can't forget Jerry Jones explanation after the Texans game. He said he wanted the Cowboys to be put in that position, and have them come back and win it. Suddenly Lovie Smith's decision to go for a touchdown on 4th down, despite getting knocked back on two consecutive plays, made perfect sense. And the 4th quarter meltdown by the Colts, Lions, and the "score-a-thon" vs the Bears add up to something I hate acknowledging. But even if I'm wrong, the scoring by the Cowboys offense has been aided by a short field on a record pace.
I really think the Cowboys should take acting lessons this year.
How many ridiculous statements are you going to make in this thread? Assuming the Cowboys fail, how exactly do you deserve it less than anyone else? Because you're negative it means you deserve to win?

I could maybe see an argument for that if anyone here was actually responsible for the way the team plays, but we Cowboys fans are just supporting our team, while expressing opinions to each other. If anyone deserves to be disappointed, it's the ones who are constantly negative about players and the team.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No **** it's part of the game. Thanks captain obvious. You then posts only reason philly won the first game was due to turnovers in their favor. Hence only reason why we won this game.
no that was my IF IF IF rebuttal umm okkkk

no need to mention the TOS at all, captain obvious because i say you cant even prove with Hurts with or with the turnovers on either side who would have won or lost..

that why i posted it..the Monday morning qb stuff gets old..you can not change nor go back and play the what if game in any game and then for fact predict a win or loss. games all take on a life of their own and you move on.

your statement made it clear you knew 100% for sure without the TOS we would lose without changing any other part of the game, that why i reacted in kind with my own what if game.

back to reality, WE WON, Go Cowboys

beat the titans........:flagwave:

CWR

Reaction score
How many ridiculous statements are you going to make in this thread? Assuming the Cowboys fail, how exactly do you deserve it less than anyone else? Because you're negative it means you deserve to win?

I could maybe see an argument for that if anyone here was actually responsible for the way the team plays, but we Cowboys fans are just supporting our team, while expressing opinions to each other. If anyone deserves to be disappointed, it's the ones who are constantly negative about players and the team.

These guys cry every week about the impending "storm" heading our way. Eventually, they get one right and feel like they knew it all along.

Any chump can take the field. They aren't special and possess no more knowledge or understanding of the game than anyone else.

They are just cry babies.

bottleKids

Reaction score
I am actually concerned they turned the ball over 4 times and we only won by 6... but that is me thinking all logical and stuff.

leeblair

Reaction score

When you go along with the propaganda you help the ones who are destroying this franchise think fans are dumb enough to put up with their shenanigans.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When you go along with the propaganda you help the ones who are destroying this franchise think fans are dumb enough to put up with their shenanigans.
What "propaganda" would that be? Like they're just saying they're 11-4, but they're really 5-10?

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Offense did play well. BUT......

4 TOs by Eagle offense and a miracle 3rd and 30 conversion were the difference.

Stop it! Those four turnovers did not mean anything...Dak would have still won even if the Cowboys committed four turnovers! Dak is unstoppable...! Get with the program or you are an eagle fan. lol. Right @Rockport ?

CWR

Reaction score
I am actually concerned they turned the ball over 4 times and we only won by 6... but that is me thinking all logical and stuff.

That same logic when the situation was reversed earlier in the season didn't come to fruition last week.

You'd think if we played them with Rush and had our own slew of TOs, yet barely lost, then we'd smash them with Dak and not as many TOs.

It didn't work that way, and game 3 will probably be entirely different from 1 and 2. If anything I do feel good about being able to exploit their defense and concerned about our own D.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
For some reason, those constantly defending and standing up for the Eagles on this forum, don't realize that every single logic they use against the Cowboys winning on Christmas Eve can be applied to many of the game the Eagles won this season. It can be said they would lose if "insert penalty, insert turnovers, insert a few game changing plays", didn't happen. It can also be said that the Cowboys would beat the Eagles by two scores if Dak didn't throw the pick six. Yet for some reason fans are quick to downplay the Cowboys wins, while constantly praising and worshipping the Eagles.

I’ve been in this forum since the early 2000s when it (and I) went by a different handle. I got banned a few times over the years and hand to change my name. I still like it here but this place is completely overrun with Eagles fans. Something doesn’t feel right…

CWR

Reaction score
Stop it! Those four turnovers did not mean anything...Dak would have still won even if the Cowboys committed four turnovers! Dak is unstoppable...! Get with the program or you are an eagle fan. lol. Right @Rockport ?

To be fair Dak and the offense only punted ONE time. Turnovers or not, they weren't stopping us. I'm more concerned if the defense would've got a stop without a turnover.

DripTooHard

Reaction score
To be fair Dak and the offense only punted ONE time. Turnovers or not, they weren't stopping us. I'm more concerned if the defense would've got a stop without a turnover.

Fair point, but keep in mind 2 of those turnovers were plays where our DB wanted the ball more than the Eagles WR. They were not fortuitous turnovers where the ball just mysteriously fell in the Cowboys lap.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

The defense is resting for the last few games that is why they are not doing their job...hurting the team. Battle hardened. But I would make a bet that when the games start to really count, they will stop that bull from goring them.