Video: Why Dak Prescott is Actually the Most Accurate QB in the NFL | NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

waving monkey

Reaction score
How am I overreacting??

Dak stans have pointed to these stupid stats/articles to support their stance as to why they “think” hes a franchise QB as opposed to acknowledging his flaws as a player
You make so many flawed assertions I tire .

UpNorth

Reaction score
Completion stats show at minimum that all QB make bad throws and some wildly bad but some are still great QBs.
Farve comes to mind. He could sling some wild dirt balls but reliably got the ball across the goal line.
I read all manner of inaccurate criticism of Dak on the zone but realize that the season is fast approaching
and all this guff will quite down.
Do you feel like Dak has quieted "all the guff" down?

The Natural

Reaction score
Anyone who argues that Dak shouldn't be the future QB of this franchise, because he isn't a solid QB, needs to make use of Waving Monkey's glasses.
Thank you for posting.

Our receivers last the last few years run poor routes and lack explosion. We have been slow across the board and have an outdated scheme.

I watch the Eagles and Steelers play and I see their players running Wide Open frequently- I feel like I never see that in our offense.
I'm not arguing Dak's skill set. I read that was useless or unnecessary:laugh:
but throwing to Dez and Witten as much as he did, being the leader in tight window throws is no surprise. Separation wasn't the strong suit for either of those guys.
78baabaecebe4778626a8aae7e730690.jpg

Time for some new glasses folks

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I guess my pre-draft assessment of him being a glorified Tim Tebow was right after all.

Haimerej

Reaction score
I can't believe this stat is still being touted as a marker for accuracy. As I said the first time this was being bandied about-

Having a defender within a yard of the receiver when the catch is made does not necessarily mean it was a tight window. Oftentimes it's actually a marker for a poor throw. If a receiver has separation but has to slow down because the throw doesn't lead them, it's not a, "tight window." Slowing down allows the beaten defender to catch up and be within a yard when the catch is made.

Look at that list. The most accurate QBs in the game- Brady, Brees, Rodgers- are not on the list. Do they just have the best receivers? Of course not. Do they never throw into tight windows? Don't be ridiculous. They do however put the ball where receivers can catch it on the run and keep going. This is basic football and I'm surprised this point hasn't been made yet in this thread- especially when I see several posters in here who seemingly understand the game.

Now to clarify for the argumentative- am I saying Dak is the worst because he's #1 on this list? No. Am I saying every, "tight window," was due to a poor throw? Of course not. I'm merely pointing out that this stat does not in fact reflect a QB's accuracy.

Just thought I'd bring this up again.

Football isn't baseball and stats rarely tell the whole story.

Status
Not open for further replies.