Video: Why Dak Prescott is Actually the Most Accurate QB in the NFL | NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
"He's done a lot of good things, but he knows, we know, everybody knows he's got to get better," Garrett said, per ESPN. "One of the exciting things about him is he has such a determination to get better every day. He has a great spirit. He loves the game. He's going to work very hard at it. I think he has to work on the physical part. The fundamentals have to continue to be refined. And that's everybody. That's footwork, delivery, getting away from center, his mechanics in the gun, getting the ball out quicker, being more accurate. All the things that every quarterback in this league is working on, he has to continue to refine those.
I watched the games just like you what I didnt do was swing wildly over reacting
I just like calling him noodles it is fun

waving monkey

Reaction score
So called sudden o-line decline, receiver decline, and whatever other issues we've had since the new qb, but people never want to believe what they see for some reason. Again, no one is saying it's ALL him, I wish I didn't have to reiterate that since my point would be lost immediately.
It's not remotely close "all on him". He's just got work to do on his game like all new QB or old vets

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
"He's done a lot of good things, but he knows, we know, everybody knows he's got to get better," Garrett said, per ESPN. "One of the exciting things about him is he has such a determination to get better every day. He has a great spirit. He loves the game. He's going to work very hard at it. I think he has to work on the physical part. The fundamentals have to continue to be refined. And that's everybody. That's footwork, delivery, getting away from center, his mechanics in the gun, getting the ball out quicker, being more accurate. All the things that every quarterback in this league is working on, he has to continue to refine those.

Those are DEAD MAN WALKING words from any HC about one of his players.......tick tock tick tock the Prescott express due to be benched soonest.....

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score

Those are DEAD MAN WALKING words from any HC about one of his players.......tick tock tick tock the Prescott express due to be benched soonest.....
False

stilltheguru88

Reaction score

Dak being benched won’t save that bums job. His only hope is Dak bouncing back

LittleD

Reaction score
Hmmm,and was that how they were evaluated after their 2nd years? Brees had just finished his first season as a starter at 8-8 & a 76.9 rating. Rodgers has played in a grand total of 5 games, starting none, and attempted 31 passes, completing less than 50%. Brady is the outlier, having just won a Super Bowl, but even in his case, he was set to be cut his rookie year during TC until an injury to John Friesz saved him.

There is no doubt the Dak is going to get time to prove his metal and skills over the next year or two. He may improve enough to totally vindicate his
selection and elevation to franchise QB status. Goodness knows Romo took his time getting his chance to prove himself. Dak will have no execuses this year with the elevation of the OL and the return of Zeke. If you study Dak and review the Okoyo film on Dak's mechanics, pocket presense, and
slow pass delivery, you would have to be concerned at least.

Hadenough

Reaction score
was Dak inconsistent his rookie season?

Why does everyone keep bringing up his rookie season. I went back and looked at tape and noticed defenses were playing passive. They were way back off the WRs and those little 5 yd outs to Beasley ended up being 10 and 12 yards. Teams looked at Dak as a big strong dude and they were not going to let him beat them deep. Only two teams his rookie season pressed the WRs and that was the Giants and Vikings. Then you throw in the fact that Garrett was scared to let Dak do anything more than simple dump off passes and you have the perfect storm for winning that made Garrett look like coach of the year and Dak look like the most accurate QB in the NFL. I believe that we saw Daks ceiling.

2017 - What Denver did to Dak was about as disturbing as it gets! Thats was one of the worst beat downs I have ever seen and to make matters worse we cant even go back and say the Cowboys were missing Tyron Smith and Lee! That team was completely healthy.

waving monkey

Reaction score
Why does everyone keep bringing up his rookie season. I went back and looked at tape and noticed defenses were playing passive. They were way back off the WRs and those little 5 yd outs to Beasley ended up being 10 and 12 yards. Teams looked at Dak as a big strong dude and they were not going to let him beat them deep. Only two teams his rookie season pressed the WRs and that was the Giants and Vikings. Then you throw in the fact that Garrett was scared to let Dak do anything more than simple dump off passes and you have the perfect storm for winning that made Garrett look like coach of the year and Dak look like the most accurate QB in the NFL. I believe that we saw Daks ceiling.

2017 - What Denver did to Dak was about as disturbing as it gets! Thats was one of the worst beat downs I have ever seen and to make matters worse we cant even go back and say the Cowboys were missing Tyron Smith and Lee! That team was completely healthy.
Why does everyone keep bringing up his rookie season, Why wouldn't you? Dak can only play want they set up in front of him, dear god
ROTY I'll never stop

Blackrain

Reaction score
Dak and Zeke caught the league by surprise in there rookie year then there was tape and the league caught up . The best Oline in football became about 10th with the loss of Leary and 20th when Tyron was out .

Dez lost focus couldn't separate and continually heard footsteps while lamenting and putting pressure on our young QB to force him the ball . Dak did better with Dez hurt in his rookie year and out of the lineup. There was no chemistry there and Dak was continually forced to do something he wasn't comfortable doing throwing to a guy who couldn't separate or be counted on to win and come down with the jump ball .

Yep Dak has work to do he is not a finished product nor is any second yr QB supposed to be but there is more than enough upside and potential to believe he can get there .
If Tyron stays healthy and the Oline returns to top 5 status Dak will progress and be much better . If Tyrons back gives out and Conner looks like a rookie making the Oline middle of the pack Daks progress will be slower and he will struggle .

That list like all lists at this point in the season means nothing you have to prove it on the field everyday . There are too many new parts in this offense that need to develop chemistry this will all have a bearing on Daks progress .

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
I watched the games just like you what I didnt do was swing wildly over reacting
You obviously didnt watch the games. In no game did he show he was the most accurate qb in the league. You should go and re-watch

Captain-Crash

Reaction score

2017 - What Denver did to Dak was about as disturbing as it gets! Thats was one of the worst beat downs I have ever seen and to make matters worse we cant even go back and say the Cowboys were missing Tyron Smith and Lee! That team was completely healthy.[/Q:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:UOTE][/QUOTE:clap::clap:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dez lost focus couldn't separate and continually heard footsteps while lamenting and putting pressure on our young QB to force him the ball . Dak did better with Dez hurt in his rookie year and out of the lineup. There was no chemistry there and Dak was continually forced to do something he wasn't comfortable doing throwing to a guy who couldn't separate or be counted on to win and come down with the jump ball .

People keep saying these things with nothing to back it up. I don't get it.

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true.

Blackrain

Reaction score
People keep saying these things with nothing to back it up. I don't get it.

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true.

Watching something happen over and over tends to substantiate the fact. When Guy who cant get separation , cant focus , cant secure the ball and hears footsteps constantly brings pressure to bare about getting the football it makes an uncomfortable situation on a young QB.

Status
Not open for further replies.