Video: Why Dak Prescott is Actually the Most Accurate QB in the NFL | NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Watching something happen over and over tends to substantiate the fact. When Guy who cant get separation , cant focus , cant secure the ball and hears footsteps constantly brings pressure to bare about getting the football it makes an uncomfortable situation on a young QB.

It looks like you ignore the part I posted and focused on him dropping passes. Nothing at all about the "forcing" myth that keeps getting propagated. What evidence do you have that A: Dak "forced" the ball to Dez, and B: that he was pressured and forced to do so?

A simple start would be a basic description of what you consider a "forced" pass to be. I have asked others this several times with zero success in getting an answer.

Haimerej

Reaction score
It looks like you ignore the part I posted and focused on him dropping passes. Nothing at all about the "forcing" myth that keeps getting propagated. What evidence do you have that A: Dak "forced" the ball to Dez, and B: that he was pressured and forced to do so?

A simple start would be a basic description of what you consider a "forced" pass to be. I have asked others this several times with zero success in getting an answer.

It's just a meme to place blame on Dez for Dak's decision making. If he went through his reads, found the open guy, and the offense produced, then no one could complain. We hear all about how Dak is a great leader. Part of leading an offense is making the right decision on where to go with the ball. If he felt the need to force anything, then who's the leader?

Blackrain

Reaction score

Forcing the ball is throwing to a guy who cant get separation or win the battle and come down with the ball either . It happened . Heck I saw the ball bounce off his face mask and he couldn't catch it . Dez lost his nerve was too afraid of being hit . Dez made it clear he wanted the ball more as he jawed on the sidelines but even when he did catch it he couldn't secure it . Fumbled, failed to secure it to ground , pinky out of bounds , always something when we needed a play .

Watch Brady and Edelman in that playoff game last year and you will see Bradys passes were not close to perfect but the concentration Edelman had and the incredible catches made his QB look great . That's what you expect from a Vet making 14 mill a yr step up and make it happen don't cry for the ball and spit the bit

Blackrain

Reaction score
It's just a meme to place blame on Dez for Dak's decision making. If he went through his reads, found the open guy, and the offense produced, then no one could complain. We hear all about how Dak is a great leader. Part of leading an offense is making the right decision on where to go with the ball. If he felt the need to force anything, then who's the leader?

That's one of the problems Dez couldn't even get open against single coverage but still cried for the ball . Other than Witten Dez was the Veteran player on that offense should have been a guy Dak could count on instead he was a distraction who heard footsteps . Part of being the leader is trusting your guys and Dez couldn't be trusted to focus and catch the ball

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Forcing the ball is throwing to a guy who cant get separation or win the battle and come down with the ball either . It happened . Heck I saw the ball bounce off his face mask and he couldn't catch it . Dez lost his nerve was too afraid of being hit . Dez made it clear he wanted the ball more as he jawed on the sidelines but even when he did catch it he couldn't secure it . Fumbled, failed to secure it to ground , pinky out of bounds , always something when we needed a play .

Watch Brady and Edelman in that playoff game last year and you will see Bradys passes were not close to perfect but the concentration Edelman had and the incredible catches made his QB look great . That's what you expect from a Vet making 14 mill a yr step up and make it happen don't cry for the ball and spit the bit

So, I was right. "Forcing" has now come to mean - Any ball thrown in the direction of Dez Bryant.

It has nothing to do with reads, if the WR who is thrown the ball is open, if other WRs are open, if the QB has time to go through progression to those other WRs, or any other reasonable factor that used to go into determining a "forced" pass.

Thanks for finally verifying it.

Now that you've done that. Now what is your evidence for the claim that Dak was forced to be an idiot?

Blackrain

Reaction score
So, I was right. "Forcing" has now come to mean - Any ball thrown in the direction of Dez Bryant.

It has nothing to do with reads, if the WR who is thrown the ball is open, if other WRs are open, if the QB has time to go through progression to those other WRs, or any other reasonable factor that used to go into determining a "forced" pass.

Thanks for finally verifying it.

Now that you've done that. Now what is your evidence for the claim that Dak was forced to be an idiot?

Dak wasn't an idiot he was a young player being pressured by a veteran teammate and was trying to trust him to make the plays he used to be capable of making before he got scared .

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it matter? He is going to get his chance this season to prove he can be the franchise QB. Stats never tell the entire story, need to apply the eyeball test.

Dak is a "fire and rain" QB because I've seen both from him; however, he hasn't made a lot of mistakes and thrown a bunch of picks, that's what gets QB's benched.

I do believe of all the years I've been watching the Cowboys and the QB situation, this is the most intriguing since the Morton-Staubach showdown. The difference with this one is it is Good Dak vs Not So Good Dak, but not Bad Dak. He has not been a bad QB, just not good enough when needed, just as it was against SEC DC's in college.

Haimerej

Reaction score
That's one of the problems Dez couldn't even get open against single coverage but still cried for the ball . Other than Witten Dez was the Veteran player on that offense should have been a guy Dak could count on instead he was a distraction who heard footsteps . Part of being the leader is trusting your guys and Dez couldn't be trusted to focus and catch the ball

There were also times Witten was open, Dak didn't see him, and Jason was visibly frustrated. Why didn't Dak try to force it to him?

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Dak wasn't an idiot he was a young player being pressured by a veteran teammate and was trying to trust him to make the plays he used to be capable of making before he got scared .

Call it what you want (certainly not leadership material by your description), but what is your evidence for it? Please don't say "I saw Dez opening his mouth on the sidelines so I know what he was saying even when the actual tapes contradict it."

Blackrain

Reaction score
There were also times Witten was open, Dak didn't see him, and Jason was visibly frustrated. Why didn't Dak try to force it to him?
Jason may have been frustrated at times but he was too professional to be the squeaking wheel and create a distraction

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak isnt the most accurate, I dont know if any QB is , they all have good games and bad games,
slumps, and hot streaks.
Dak had some bad passes last year and he does need to do better.

I have 2 complaints about Dak.
1. he likes to throw right to where his guy is, and he needs to learn to throw to open
area near the guy so they can go get it.
He also doesnt lead players running consistently. Throwing behind them is not good.
2. If he drops back and no one open quickly, and a big run lane opens up , he should
take the run lane, not continue looking for open guy downfield, which leads to sacks, tipped balls
hard hits on him, int's, fumbles, and incomplete passes and stopping the clock when they need it
to run.
Coaching could correct both of those, but it hasnt happened, or they dont see it like me.

Dak hasnt proven himself yet as a elite QB , but he is better QB than what half the other
teams have at QB.
Aaron Rodgers is one of the best, but he has only made it to SB one time, now after that
early win, he loses in playoffs year after year after year, but no one says he is a loser lol.
How many years since he won the SB? 10? does he get a permanent pass on losing
cause he won that 1 SB a decade ago?
QB is the hardest position to play from mental standpoint, they have to make
quick decisions, and it has to be mostly good decisions.
All while 5 giant guys are trying to get to them and body slam them to the ground.
Crowd noise and guys running every which way lol, it isnt easy folks.

It does look easy when we watch on tv, but also, we see things QB doesn't see,
and sometimes guys are open when QB is looking elsewhere, they can only look
at one area at a time.
Coaching can help or hurt a QB, year 1 it helped dak, but last year I think it hurt him.
plus whole team played poorly too often last year.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
Call it what you want (certainly not leadership material by your description), but what is your evidence for it? Please don't say "I saw Dez opening his mouth on the sidelines so I know what he was saying even when the actual tapes contradict it."

Ok have it your way and believe Dez said nothing on the sidelines to coaches or Dak
You think Wit never said anything like, "Hey... I was open"?"
Sure he may have but not to the point of being a distraction , heck Dez walked of the field on his team when Romo was QB. Sorry you cant compare the two

Haimerej

Reaction score
Sure he may have but not to the point of being a distraction , heck Dez walked of the field on his team when Romo was QB. Sorry you cant compare the two

You just did.

But when was Dez being a distraction with Dak?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Jason may have been frustrated at times but he was too professional to be the squeaking wheel and create a distraction
Geez I hate all these excuses. Great players make others around them great. Dak had that in the first season, and the It factor, but it was all gone in the second season. Dak certainly wasn't the most accurate quarterback in the NFL, last season. Let's take off the homer shades and stop making excuses for him. I still think he can be special, but instead of making other fan bases laugh at us, lets let Dak prove himself this season. Hopefully, I wasn't wrong when I saw him in 2016 and thought he was going to be something special. :D I'll hate myself, if my initial evaluation of Dak was wrong.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Does it matter? He is going to get his chance this season to prove he can be the franchise QB. Stats never tell the entire story, need to apply the eyeball test.

Dak is a "fire and rain" QB because I've seen both from him; however, he hasn't made a lot of mistakes and thrown a bunch of picks, that's what gets QB's benched.

I do believe of all the years I've been watching the Cowboys and the QB situation, this is the most intriguing since the Morton-Staubach showdown. The difference with this one is it is Good Dak vs Not So Good Dak, but not Bad Dak. He has not been a bad QB, just not good enough when needed, just as it was against SEC DC's in college.

I agree with this and believe part of the reason we saw the not so good Dak was he didn't have the experience or coaching to overcome the Oline problems last year . When the oline was good in his rookie yr he still had stuff to work on but we saw more of the good Dak

If Tyron stays all world healthy Collins progresses and Connor Williams plays up to his draft status we might see a really good Dak and thats what I am hoping for . Nice that he is bonding with the new receivers in this off season hope they get some good work done

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
Some of you will believe anything to make yourselves feel better about this heavily flawed QB.
Again you wildly over react
How am I overreacting??

Dak stans have pointed to these stupid stats/articles to support their stance as to why they “think” hes a franchise QB as opposed to acknowledging his flaws as a player

Status
Not open for further replies.