Video: Why Dak Prescott is Actually the Most Accurate QB in the NFL **OLD**

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
It's funny to me that when a receiver has to slow down for the ball, allowing the defender to close, it's considered a tight-window throw. No, the QB made the window tight.

However, in 2017, we did have receivers who did not create a lot of separation. Witten was always best at boxing out defenders and had to do it even more as he aged. Bryant's game was never built on great separation, but on outphysicaling defensive backs.

Any decent QB who had them as his tight end and top receiver would have been No. 1 on tight-window throws. Some of the best ones might have been No. 1 by a mile in this stat that tells us more about the pass catchers than the pass throwers.

In fact, it would be interesting to see where Dak ranks this year since our plan was to give him targets who get more separation.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
I usually stay out of the Prescott vomit-fest but...

If Prescott has the skills proficiency to throw 'tight window throws'...

...then why the <expletive> does he routinely hold the ball so long?
It’s a prerequisite for being a Cowboys QB now and been happening for many years

black label

Reaction score
giphy.gif

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
Thank you for the reminder that I need to take my medication for dyslexia.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I usually stay out of the Prescott vomit-fest but...

If Prescott has the skills proficiency to throw 'tight window throws'...

...then why the <expletive> does he routinely hold the ball so long?
Because Garrett is an <expletive >

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I'm not worried about Dak's accuracy or his ability to win. I'm worried about him getting rid of the ball. That's my biggest gripe. And I've always liked Dak because he's a winner.
Also this thing he has where he wants to run backwards to escape. In the game against Tampa, he said in the mic up, that he has to stop doing that because the sack was on him. It's good to see that he notices his flaws, now he just needs to continue to get better at it.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
I don't and will never get it:

We get a kid in the FOURTH ROUND who steps up and delivers us a 13-3 season, plus a bye in the divisional round. He absolutely balls out and brings his team back in the playoffs from a massive deficit, then ultimately gets beaten by an all-world pass by Rodgers and a 50+ yard FG.

Starts the next season 5-3 with all the Zeke distractions, then we lose Lee, too. Still gets us to 9-7.

Makes the playoffs again in just his third year. Results TBD.

*** do you want? Better QBs will be watching the playoffs from home. All the kid does is win.

Can he be more accurate? Yes.
Does he have a lot to learn? Yes.
Can we win with Dak behind center? YES. WE ALREADY HAVE. IT'S NOT SPECULATION. HE'S PROVEN THAT HE'S A WINNER.

The Dak Attack has arrived. He's not going anywhere. Sports are supposed to be fun. If Dak bothers people so much, there are other teams and sports they can follow. THE OPINIONS THAT DAK IS SOMEHOW UNWORTHY DON'T MATTER. HE'S THIS FRANCHISE'S QB. Deal with it already.

erod

Reaction score
I don't and will never get it:

We get a kid in the FOURTH ROUND who steps up and delivers us a 13-3 season, plus a bye in the divisional round. He absolutely balls out and brings his team back in the playoffs from a massive deficit, then ultimately gets beaten by an all-world pass by Rodgers and a 50+ yard FG.

Starts the next season 5-3 with all the Zeke distractions, then we lose Lee, too. Still gets us to 9-7.

Makes the playoffs again in just his third year. Results TBD.

*** do you want? Better QBs will be watching the playoffs from home. All the kid does is win.

Can he be more accurate? Yes.
Does he have a lot to learn? Yes.
Can we win with Dak behind center? YES. WE ALREADY HAVE. IT'S NOT SPECULATION. HE'S PROVEN THAT HE'S A WINNER.

The Dak Attack has arrived. He's not going anywhere. Sports are supposed to be fun. If Dak bothers people so much, there are other teams and sports they can follow. THE OPINIONS THAT DAK IS SOMEHOW UNWORTHY DON'T MATTER. HE'S THIS FRANCHISE'S QB. Deal with it already.
He sucks.

Bad.

Open your freaking eyes.

LOL