Video: Why Dak Prescott is Actually the Most Accurate QB in the NFL **OLD**

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't and will never get it:

We get a kid in the FOURTH ROUND who steps up and delivers us a 13-3 season, plus a bye in the divisional round. He absolutely balls out and brings his team back in the playoffs from a massive deficit, then ultimately gets beaten by an all-world pass by Rodgers and a 50+ yard FG.

Starts the next season 5-3 with all the Zeke distractions, then we lose Lee, too. Still gets us to 9-7.

Makes the playoffs again in just his third year. Results TBD.

*** do you want? Better QBs will be watching the playoffs from home. All the kid does is win.

Can he be more accurate? Yes.
Does he have a lot to learn? Yes.
Can we win with Dak behind center? YES. WE ALREADY HAVE. IT'S NOT SPECULATION. HE'S PROVEN THAT HE'S A WINNER.

The Dak Attack has arrived. He's not going anywhere. Sports are supposed to be fun. If Dak bothers people so much, there are other teams and sports they can follow. THE OPINIONS THAT DAK IS SOMEHOW UNWORTHY DON'T MATTER. HE'S THIS FRANCHISE'S QB. Deal with it already.
I feel the same way about Taco Charlton. He's a Cowboy and if you don't support him you need to go find another team. Can he be better? Yes. Can we win with him? Yes. Does he have a lot to learn? Yes. We already have! o_O

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
In terms of "tight window throws" is when targeted receiver has less than one yard of separation.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Windows get tight when you take too long to pull the trigger. And when the OC calls a lot of "run down field and turn around and stand there" routes.

Also, tight windows are a lot easier to hit 5 yards away than 15 yards away.

Trouble with most QB stats is that we can *see* how Dak's play is atypical.

Actually, one interesting stat would be how Dak threw on "fat window" throws. I'd like to see that stat. How does Dak compare when players are *wide* open? I'm thinking not so well.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
We get a kid in the FOURTH ROUND who steps up and delivers us a 13-3 season, plus a bye in the divisional round.

Soon Dak will not be a 4th round pick who costs nothing, but a QB costing us 20 mil or so.

He's a fantastic deal now. But at 20mil, not so much.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dak limits this offense in a drastic way.

Dak has had the leagues leading rusher two out of three years. Romo only had that once. Romo’s stats that year:

15 games 304/435 69.9% 3,705 yards 247.0 ypg 34 TDs 9 INTs 113 QBR

Dak’s stats this year:

15 games 329/482 68.3% 3,498 yards 233.2 ypg 18 TDs 8 INTs 95 QBR

Last edited:

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
I don't and will never get it:

We get a kid in the FOURTH ROUND who steps up and delivers us a 13-3 season, plus a bye in the divisional round. He absolutely balls out and brings his team back in the playoffs from a massive deficit, then ultimately gets beaten by an all-world pass by Rodgers and a 50+ yard FG.

Starts the next season 5-3 with all the Zeke distractions, then we lose Lee, too. Still gets us to 9-7.

Makes the playoffs again in just his third year. Results TBD.

*** do you want? Better QBs will be watching the playoffs from home. All the kid does is win.

Can he be more accurate? Yes.
Does he have a lot to learn? Yes.
Can we win with Dak behind center? YES. WE ALREADY HAVE. IT'S NOT SPECULATION. HE'S PROVEN THAT HE'S A WINNER.

The Dak Attack has arrived. He's not going anywhere. Sports are supposed to be fun. If Dak bothers people so much, there are other teams and sports they can follow. THE OPINIONS THAT DAK IS SOMEHOW UNWORTHY DON'T MATTER. HE'S THIS FRANCHISE'S QB. Deal with it already.

We can win with Joe Looney too, so let's trade Fredrick for a 1st. We can win with our current TEs and safety's, so we can save cap room by not upgrading those positions either. Let me add OC and HC to that list too!

Your logic is funny, nothing to worry about here everyone, I like things the way they are, so deal with it...lol

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Dak limits this offense in a drastic way.

Dak has had the leagues leading rusher two out of three years. Romo only had that once. Romo’s stats that year:

15 games 304/435 69.9% 3,705 yards 247.0 ypg 34 TDs 9 INTs 113 QBR

Dak’s stats this year:

15 games 329/482 68.3% 3,498 yards 233.2 ypg 18 TDs 8 INTs 95 QBR

I love Romo.

This isn’t a fair comparison though and I don’t know why no one gets it. You CANNOT compare prime Tony Romo to third year Dak.

It’s not fair and its silly. Romo was about the most knowledgeable QB in the league. Dak isn’t. They aren’t the Same QB. Romo could read defenses better than anyone. The man was a wizard back there. Dak can’t do that yet. Maybe one day he will. It seems like he has the work ethic to do so. I do know that at age 25 Romo was still on the bench. I do know that Romo throughout his career had really good years and some so so years.

Romo also has a prime Dez Bryant and a great offensive line. He had a pretty good tight end at that time in Witten, who had begun to slow down but was still playing at a high level.

He also benefitted from a new OC who changed things up for Dallas a little bit at the time in Linehan.

Every young QB not named Mahomes limits his team in some way. Goff reads only half the field. Wentz misses throws left and right and his team is better without him.

Add in rushing yards and TDS to these stats and they are closer than you think.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
I love Romo.

This isn’t a fair comparison though and I don’t know why no one gets it. You CANNOT compare prime Tony Romo to third year Dak.

It’s not fair and its silly. Romo was about the most knowledgeable QB in the league. Dak isn’t. They aren’t the Same QB. Romo could read defenses better than anyone. The man was a wizard back there. Dak can’t do that yet. Maybe one day he will. It seems like he has the work ethic to do so. I do know that at age 25 Romo was still on the bench. I do know that Romo throughout his career had really good years and some so so years.

Romo also has a prime Dez Bryant and a great offensive line. He had a pretty good tight end at that time in Witten, who had begun to slow down but was still playing at a high level.

He also benefitted from a new OC who changed things up for Dallas a little bit at the time in Linehan.

Every young QB not named Mahomes limits his team in some way. Goff reads only half the field. Wentz misses throws left and right and his team is better without him.

Add in rushing yards and TDS to these stats and they are closer than you think.

So you’re saying we should wait until Dak is 34?