Why demanding a blowout is silly

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It’s just plain weird to see people say on here that a small margin win against Miami is like a loss. The only thing like a loss is a loss. All wins count in the win column.
Only a troll would say something like that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't want to see struggles against a team like Miami, so I do want a comfortable win. But "comfortable" simply means we get a lead and stay in control throughout. Whether that ends up as a win by 10, 20. 30 … that's not what's important. Besides, even if we get a big lead it's unlikely we will keep slinging the ball around the field. At some point we would start running a lot to keep the clock running.
We should expect to see a lot of Pollard, if we get an early lead, since regardless of what SJ said, they probably don't want to wear Zeke out in a game like that.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
we don't play for blow outs ever and we typically have not been designed that way because of a very good running game to use when we get a good lead and playing prevent too early allowing for some trash points.

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Totally agree. We should be hoping for 2 things

1. A win
2. The Cowboys leave Miami healthy or without adding bodies to the injury list..

th

ArtClink

Reaction score
Totally agree. We should be hoping for 2 things

1. A win
2. The Cowboys leave Miami healthy or without adding bodies to the injury list..

Agreed and we should look great in all three phases.

This is the 100th year of the NFL but man are there a lot of bad teams in the league with little to no chance of competing for a playoff spot! I am looking fwd to playing a quality opponent eventually lol.

And Scott Linehan sucked, really sucked as our O-Coordinator.Kudos to Kellen "The Hammer" Moore!

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
I need a 22.5 point win

Please tell me you didn't actually bet on that. That spread has the words "sucker bet," written all over it.

Cowboys up by 24 with 3 minutes left and just let the Dolphins march down the field to burn the clock. Back door cover, incoming.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
It's still the NFL. They're starting a new QB and they're pros at the end of the day. With that said, we'll always evaluate the WAY we play win or lose. Context matters. If we have any aspirations of playing into late Jan/Feb we need to WIN and not play down to the level of our opponent. Get the win and play to your own standards.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
A lot depends on the dolphins, how do they see this game? Everyone loves to beat the cowboys.
So the players may go all out, I dont know what their coaches will do, I find it odd they are starting
Rosen.
That sort of says they are not going to try to win.

If they play hard they could keep it close, or if they give up then it will be a chance for a blowout or snooze fest.
Where I am at they have the KC Ravens game on cbs at same time, so depending on what happens
I may switch over to that.
I predicted 42-6, but dont care if it is a blowout or not.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Please tell me you didn't actually bet on that. That spread has the words "sucker bet," written all over it.

Cowboys up by 24 with 3 minutes left and just let the Dolphins march down the field to burn the clock. Back door cover, incoming.
I took the bet after they got rid of minkah

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You know your team is pretty good when after a 25 point win, our fans talk more about their “disappointment” with the first half than being 3-0 and two games up in the NFC east.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You know your team is pretty good when after a 25 point win, our fans talk more about their “disappointment” with the first half than being 3-0 and two games up in the NFC east.

Maybe........or it could be the same fans moaning about same **** every week.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Almost all week, these boards have been full of “If we don’t beat Miami by __ points, we suck.” That notion is silly. Why?

The only reason so many of fans want to see us win by a blowout Sunday is because margin of victory somehow affects how we feel about our team. That's the only reason. We as fans (and football writers) are quick to see a margin of victory in a win as some kind of confirmation of what we believe about our team. But actually, in the NFL, winning itself is the confirmation. Not point spreads. If we win Sunday by one point or fifty, we remain in first place of the NFC east.

This isn’t college football, where point spreads matter to impress voters. Thankfully NFL teams don’t qualify for the playoffs based on a vote of football writers.

What do I expect Sunday? I expect Dallas to win. By one or by fifty. Just win.

Someone actually posted the question could Dallas score 60 against the Dolphins.

Sometimes I wonder what flavor of cheese these people eat.

tico

Reaction score
Yeah, just tell that to the SuperBowl champs