Why did Dak become mobile again?

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Also, the change in play caller probably has a big effect as well. McCarthy values the run more than Moore. A running QB is a good supplement in the overall running game.

nobody

Reaction score
It’s a good question Coogs. I think it took him a long time to be comfortable again moving around after that awful ankle break he had in 2020. It’s a guess but I think there’s something to that.

I broke my ankle in HS playing basketball and it took me about a year to regain confidence in running and jumping. Again, this is a guess, I could be completely wrong!
When he was struggling at points last year, I was saying it was mental struggles from that 2020 injury. I think maybe...just maybe something clicked mentally and that fear might finally be gone. Someone joked that it happened around the time of the Lance trade, but maybe it's more to do with the fatherhood thing. I think you're right though, I think it was a lack of confidence in running and pivoting quickly and a fear of getting injured like that again. He said it himself that it was a part of his game he wasn't utilizing and had to make a conscious effort to bring it back in.