Why did Dak become mobile again?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s a good question Coogs. I think it took him a long time to be comfortable again moving around after that awful ankle break he had in 2020. It’s a guess but I think there’s something to that.

I broke my ankle in HS playing basketball and it took me about a year to regain confidence in running and jumping. Again, this is a guess, I could be completely wrong!
I would tell you about my ankle reconstruction surgery and the 16 weeks if rehab, but I'm not supposed to talk about myself...BTY....I agree with you

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
For the last several games, we've seen Dak make plays with his legs. I think we can all agree that this adds a great dimension to our offense. With that said, we know about the injury he had years ago. Is he now feeling more comfortable in running, or did someone go to him possibly and say we need you to use your legs more? Please give your thoughts
its not necessarily about the number of time he runs or plays designed for it, but having shown the willingness, making good gains, converting first downs, which forces the defense to dedicate time and defenders to account for it, which helps open up the rest of offense. he seems to be looking to pass and running is last resort, extending plays and taking it when its there.

its a good thing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
I would tell you about my ankle reconstruction surgery and the 16 weeks if rehab, but I'm not supposed to talk about myself...BTY....I agree with you
Uh oh, I was a soldier and learned their values for survival...Coach, you never lie and those views were forged in the real world. A lot here value make believe and living by accusing others. Everyone here speaks were formed from personal sighted points. True or just allowed. Not you my friend. You live by accountability to you specificly. hooooooah You won't get anyone killed from non-support. Period. You believe in the power to overcome. Achievement from sacrifice and support. :starspin:

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
It’s a good question Coogs. I think it took him a long time to be comfortable again moving around after that awful ankle break he had in 2020. It’s a guess but I think there’s something to that.

I broke my ankle in HS playing basketball and it took me about a year to regain confidence in running and jumping. Again, this is a guess, I could be completely wrong!
Thanks for the support Haze, yeah since he's been doing it, it's really helped! I want him to keep it up, but I just want him to be smart

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Yes keep that to yourself, we really don't need to know that kind of stuff, plus it's not on topic!!!! (Glad you're better fella!)

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
For the last several games, we've seen Dak make plays with his legs. I think we can all agree that this adds a great dimension to our offense. With that said, we know about the injury he had years ago. Is he now feeling more comfortable in running, or did someone go to him possibly and say we need you to use your legs more? Please give your thoughts

My guess is that it probably takes some time to trust his leg after a while with the injury he had. Plus, I think McCarthy is letting him do it more.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Drop back, 1, 2, 3, RUN. Mike McCarthy said it was OK, and Dak has always used his legs until idiot coaches and owners said he should not.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
The situation dictated that Dak scramble more.

quickccc

Reaction score
The line wasn't holding up as in the past - it came out of necessity imo.

In the Wash game the line was giving him all kinds of time so he picked his spots.

This line is not a top line like in Daks rookie season, so he's gotta keep using his legs and also call plays that move the pocket.

Add to that good screens play and he should be good.

This 2023 run game is not dominant and not among the top run game in the NFL.
It was not near as dominant as the Zeke 2016 game or OL. and cannot be at the top of it's game
with the Solari scheme, imo.

Both the center and the RG are having underachieving, lesser years by their standards, imo.

But Dak is more adept, more seasoned and developed, and advanced now as a QB,
as what he was as a rookie '16.
He no longer has the same in mobile speed, since his tragic ankle injury, but he seems
more quicker in deciding when/how to scramble away from rush pressure,
- and he's smart about how he runs upfield, when to slide, .. when to head out of bounds,
- and most importantly ..he's not trying to stiff arm tacklers anymore which led to the drag down/ankle break injury.

He's always be very productive and savvy when it comes to RPO goal line TD runs - one of the very
best ball handlers in the NFL. Great ball-faker.