Why did the line move to 9.5?

CWR

Reaction score
Something is telling me Geno Smith is not playing Thursday to rest his elbow. That's weird that the line would jump from 6.5 to 9.5 without a major injury?

Because not enough people are playing Seattle?

kskboys

Reaction score
you're about to get me emotional, COOG only gets emotional on game days!! These new cats don't know nothing about coogles and lateral agility!!!! lol
Your hips feeling stiff this AM??????????????????????

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Only thing they know is about where to set the line to induce even betting. They've only taken a bath a few times. One was the SF/SD super bowl. No matter how big the pushed the line, no one would bet on SD, as SF was far superior. Line ended up at 18.5, an absolute monster spread for a super bowl.
I mean this isn’t really accurate. Public has won big quite a bit this season.

Praxit

Reaction score
....Bland is about to get two more pick-six's.. Dak will be jumping in kettle every offense series;)..

gtb1943

Reaction score
Only thing they know is about where to set the line to induce even betting. They've only taken a bath a few times. One was the SF/SD super bowl. No matter how big the pushed the line, no one would bet on SD, as SF was far superior. Line ended up at 18.5, an absolute monster spread for a super bowl.
Yeah, SD was such an obvious mismatch for SF that no one gave them a chance. I think only the Colts/Jets SB 3 had a higher line but I am not sure.
Of course we know how that all came out. Joe Willie made it to the HOF because he GUARANTEED IT.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
We have trouble with mobile qbs sometimes…. If Quinn just sits there and relies on the pass rush (without blitzing) like we did against Arizona… they are going to use it against us. We took Arizona for granted and they killed is with misdirection rollout type stuff

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Something is telling me Geno Smith is not playing Thursday to rest his elbow. That's weird that the line would jump from 6.5 to 9.5 without a major injury?
Maybe there is some info that Walker is out

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I actually want Geno to play with their horrible offensive line. Walker is the key. He is a legit runner. The UCLA kid is not ready. The matchup will be their defense vs our offense. They have a good front seven and probably the best secondary we will play for the rest of the regular season.
Wouldn't sleep on Charbonnet just yet. He is a big boy, and sometimes those types need carries to get going. Carries he isnt going to get with a stud in front of him

popp1234

Reaction score
See what happens is when people start betting on the cowboys to cover vegas moves the line bigger to try and get people to bet on seattle. ;)
Can you change your bet if the line changes, or are all bets final? Don't know anything about this stuff.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
This is going to be a tough game. I really believe in coaching and Pete Carroll will have them ready to play. Get ready for a long physical game that we win.

Flamma

Reaction score
This doesn't happen often, but I believe it was Vegas that screwed up by opening with Dallas -6 1/2. Considering recent history half the country was dropping money on Dallas. That's why the line shot up.

Vegas doesn't care if Geno is playing or not. They care if the gambling public knows it.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah, SD was such an obvious mismatch for SF that no one gave them a chance. I think only the Colts/Jets SB 3 had a higher line but I am not sure.
Of course we know how that all came out. Joe Willie made it to the HOF because he GUARANTEED IT.
The Colts were favored by 18 over the Jets. The 49ers were favored by 19 at kickoff. At one point it was 19 1/2. I know, I was dumb enough to bet it. There were multiple super bowls with double digit lines, just never that high. I think the next highest was probably Rams/Patriots 2001 at -14.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is 1-4 against Seattle their last 5 meetings.
intro-1661444108.jpg