Video: Why did the networks agree to pay 110 billion ? “Drama aka Dak”

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
Drama drama drama drama keeps the story going weather there is truth to it or not.

Jerry needs to continue to build a playoff team in order to pay of the Debt of getting the league $110 billion dollars agreement using Dak drama as rating gauge.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Mitch the ***** matched his stats and has double the playoff appearances. LOL, WOW

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak > Goff

I don't care if Goff went to a super bowl. He had a good defense that year also. Dak hasn't.

Not to mention this no PI call:

NoFlag.gif

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Dak > Goff

I don't care if Goff went to a super bowl. He had a good defense that year also. Dak hasn't.
According to NFL stats in 2018 the Rams had 24th ranked defense. The Cowboys 12th.
https://www.nfl.com/stats/team-stats/defense/passing/2018/reg/all

I also checked this site for cross reference and Rams had 20th ranked defense statistically in 2018.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/ram/2018.htm

They have a better defense now but not then.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Drama drama drama drama keeps the story going weather there is truth to it or not.

Jerry needs to continue to build a playoff team in order to pay of the Debt of getting the league $110 billion dollars agreement using Dak drama as rating gauge.

I’m not sure what the connection is you’re trying to make here with NFL new TV deal and Daks contract?

plymkr

Reaction score
These guys are good. I actually like listening to these guys. Things I agree with. Wiley- I disagree with the notion Dak owns the NFC east. Well he said that the playoffs are guaranteed because Dak owns the NFC east, but we've been to the playoffs 2 out of the 4 years Dak was healthy. So Dak may dominate the NFC east but not a lot of of other teams. I agree with Wiley on how he applied the stats to the context. Acho- I agree that Dak has had different expectations and his expectations will change this year. I also appreciated the way Acho used stats and context. I disagree with Acho that Dak has to be in the running for MVP or make a super bowl to live up to expectations. I disagree with that because winning MVP and/or going to the super bowl consists of things that are out of Dak's control. I overall agree with Wiley that Dak will live up to his contract. I also agree with Wiley that Aaron Rodgers, Wilson and other highly paid QB's have lived up to their contracts. Sadly no highly paid QB has won the super bowl lately.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
I know it’s not what anyone wants to hear, but the Cowboys have never gotten more press than when they were a complete dumpster fire. They were every news story 24/7

So if it’s earning the massive paycheck that’s the issue, playoffs are optional

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I know it’s not what anyone wants to hear, but the Cowboys have never gotten more press than when they were a complete dumpster fire. They were every news story 24/7

So if it’s earning the massive paycheck that’s the issue, playoffs are optional
Definitely supports the notion that the tv and media following nationally is driven by haters more than fans. And probably represents much of the social media as well.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Definitely supports the notion that the tv and media following nationally is driven by haters more than fans. And probably represents much of the social media as well.

i think that’s society as a whole. If you saw a 2021 Chevy Corvette with the mayor in it waving to people and showing off his sweet ride, and then a block away there’s the exact same car in the Lowe’s parking lot and it’s on fire.... which one is going to catch your attention?

Section446

Reaction score
Stop trying to compare Dak and Goff, they're both just average players. Maybe Dak is a rank or two ahead (or behind) Goff, but they're still just average. Much like the Rams did with Goff, we'll regret this contract, difference is that we'll be too stupid to fix it once we realize the mistake.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
i think that’s society as a whole. If you saw a 2021 Chevy Corvette with the mayor in it waving to people and showing off his sweet ride, and then a block away there’s the exact same car in the Lowe’s parking lot and it’s on fire.... which one is going to catch your attention?
One of the greatest measuring tools is local TV viewership. Which the Cowboys has been severely dwindling . Some home games as low as 25%. Average in recent years in low 30’s, high 20’s. Most home teams hover in the 40% range.

There’s some markets which have a larger viewing percentage of Cowboy games that the DFW area. Truly remarkable .

And if it wasn’t for the near million ( about 750-800,000 a year since 2007) of people moving to Texas each year for jobs or retirement bringing their fandoms with them we’d have near half empty stadium.

The Cowboys popularity in the media and tv viewership is driven by opposing teams fans and haters while those migrating fans are filling our stadium rooting for their teams, not the Cowboys.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yea but the Cowboys are a much more intriguing dumpster fire than most.

Landry was right . The Americas Team label would place a target on our backs and be detrimental to the franchise in every way but the box office. We are the team America loves to hate.

DandyDon52

Reaction score

1. league $110 billion dollars agreement.......has nothing to do with dak drama , or dak or cowboys.
The networks cant afford to lose nfl games, because they are the highest rated shows on network tv.
Nfl has the leverage on these contracts, and the networks will just raise prices for ads during games.

also the ratings by neilsen are all estimated, no one knows how many people watch a cowboy game, or any tv show, they only know
the % of neilsen viewers that watch them. Then they use some trash math to extrapolate that into estimated viewers, and everyone believes it!
:eek:

Now I watched 12 min of the 15, and could not take any more of the loud mouth guy on the left, he is awful!
The guy on the right , is I think right, it is about expectations.
Dak and goff are very similar in the stats,wins and losses, and dak was paid 40 mil to stay, and goff was traded. Has to be about
expectations. Or Rams just want to go the cheap qb route.

And now dak expectations have gone way up, can he meet them? I doubt it, but it is a wait and see deal.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
1. league $110 billion dollars agreement.......has nothing to do with dak drama , or dak or cowboys.
The networks cant afford to lose nfl games, because they are the highest rated shows on network tv.
Nfl has the leverage on these contracts, and the networks will just raise prices for ads during games.

also the ratings by neilsen are all estimated, no one knows how many people watch a cowboy game, or any tv show, they only know
the % of neilsen viewers that watch them. Then they use some trash math to extrapolate that into estimated viewers, and everyone believes it!
:eek:

Now I watched 12 min of the 15, and could not take any more of the loud mouth guy on the left, he is awful!
The guy on the right , is I think right, it is about expectations.
Dak and goff are very similar in the stats,wins and losses, and dak was paid 40 mil to stay, and goff was traded. Has to be about
expectations. Or Rams just want to go the cheap qb route.

And now dak expectations have gone way up, can he meet them? I doubt it, but it is a wait and see deal.
Fans care about whether Dak can take us to the next level but Jethro doesn’t. He’s only interested in remaining relevant and interesting .

Daks a popular player . #1 in jersey sales. He brings enough to keep it interesting .

That’s all he needs to keep the gravy train of revenue rolling. He can sell the hell out of 8-8 but not 5-11.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

When you need to use the likes of professional hater of the Dallas Cowboys, Emanual Acho, to make your points, all you are doing is confirming that you yourself are a hater as well. Jerry hasn't had a playoff team for most of the last 25 years but he still easily manages to pay the bills. Acho couldn't be more wrong and by extension, you couldn't be more wrong.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Fans care about whether Dak can take us to the next level but Jethro doesn’t. He’s only interested in remaining relevant and interesting .

Daks a popular player . #1 in jersey sales. He brings enough to keep it interesting .

That’s all he needs to keep the gravy train of revenue rolling. He can sell the hell out of 8-8 but not 5-11.
Well I disagree with the idea jerry doesnt want to win, and the whole keep relevant theory.
Just look at jerry in the booth when they are winning and when losing, and you can see he cares.
He is just not that bright, and cant build the winner he wants.
He actually believes jaylon is a cornerstone, and that dak is a great qb etc etc.

If jerry had made dinucci the new starting qb, he would still make 800 mil a year, he might not sell as many jerseys, but the actual profit off
jerseys is a drop in the bucket.
Once jerry got the stadium, he was set, cant lose, and it will fill up each game no matter what.