Why did we draft Zeke so high if RB is not needed to win a SB?

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t watch talk shows. But if they’re looking at how readily you can fill the RB position outside of the first round and that it makes sense to do it, they have it right.
Sounds as if you've bought into an idea so completely that you're OK stating your conjecture as fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

408Cowboy

Reaction score
A contract is a contract is a contract. His 5-year contract is not over. He needs to fulfill that contract. THEN he can be the highest-paid running back in the NFL. Not before. A man keeps his word. He signed that contract. He should keep his word. Anything else makes him a dishonorable man. I know a lot of people nowadays don't give a rat's hiney about being honorable. Well, I'm not like that. And I expect every NFL player to keep his word. I think any player, no matter how good, should have to honor his contract or be kicked out of the NFL for life. That would stop this kind of BS.

Your contract is your contract is your contract. Not honoring it should never be an option, save being unable to for medical reasons. I don't care how many bozos thing it's okay to break your word. It's not okay.
The CBA is a contract that allows them to renegotiate after three years. It does not include guidelines on how those negotiations are to take place as far as I'm aware. He's being fined for not being there which is also part of the contract.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can you point to data to justify that claim?

I'd like to see that data.

There have been a ton of threads on this board on the topic. Lookup a poster called AdamJT13 and “rushing effectiveness.” There are some great threads on the topic. It’s also a fairly common topic for football analytics blog posts like this one: https://www.footballoutsiders.com/info/FO-basics. If you search around, you’ll be sure to find some good content about rushing effectiveness in the NFL and its correlation to winning.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds as if you've bought into an idea so completely that you're OK stating your conjecture as fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds more like you might want to spend less time watching and disagreeing with talk shows and more time reading up on a topic you’re completely bought in on when you shouldn’t be.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
The CBA is a contract that allows them to renegotiate after three years. It does not include guidelines on how those negotiations are to take place as far as I'm aware. He's being fined for not being there which is also part of the contract.

I don't see any point in even having any 5-year contracts then if another contract can make you just break it.

FTWayne

Reaction score
Sounds more like you might want to spend less time watching and disagreeing with talk shows and more time reading up on a topic you’re completely bought in on when you shouldn’t be.
OH!! BURN