Why did we have grit in Pittsburgh then go flat at home?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Which words you pick are not the issue, Detroit is a better team than Pit and Dallas can't handle the better teams. We just barely beat Pit anyway, and we never even came close to matching up with Detroit. Getting killed by Detroit was no freak accident or just an off day for the Cowboys, we got stomped by a better team, and the same thing is probably going to happen against the 49ers next week.
Ok.

Aven8

Reaction score
Goff wouldn't look much different in Pittsburgh. Get out of here with that nonsense. Lions just pulled out all the stops to win that game.

Steelers are 4-2 and could play against anyone and have a chance to win. They never let the opposing team dial points on them, so they have a chance as long as the game is close into the 4th quarter. They could beat the Chiefs and it wouldn't surprise me. They have the defense to limit them, and if they don't let Mahomes touch the ball last....they could absolutely close them out.

Steelers played their usual game the way they knew how. They didn't try to gameplan around the Cowboys as much as the Lions did.

Cowboys just play better against teams that don't usually blow out their opponents. If you keep it close, Cowboys have a chance. The NFC North and NFC South and those offensive teams ike New Orleans, Detroit or Green Bay teams historically known for offense, trick plays, or fancy play design. If they get up on us early, the game is only really 30 minutes long. We gotta force them to play all 60 minutes, not 20 or 25.

Bottom line, the name of the game is to keep it close.
Nice post

khiladi

Reaction score
PIT was soft. DET wasn't.
Pittsburgh is grossly over-rated. They got toasted by the Colts. Even the Raiders game was much closer than the score as the Raiders fumbled 1 yard away in the second half from scoring and another INT out the Steelers in scoring position in the 4th.

Steelers were just rushing 4 and running basic cover 2 scheme the whole time. The only reason it was close against us is because of Dak’s dumb TOs. The Steelers have allowed over 100 yards rushing in 5 of their 6 games. They’ve just played against AWFUL QBs.

The only exception is Kirk Cousins who was coming off an injury and limited snaps and they kept him on shotgun the whole game.

khiladi

Reaction score
Once detroit got ahead, they did not go to a prevent defense, they kept the pressure on,playing like it was 10-7.
That prevented dak from his usual comeback and garbage stats.

On offense they kept trying to score, kept passing and running their trick plays which fortunately did not work.
They never let up like most teams do.

They did not allow dallas to score points in garbage time like most teams have.

I think pitt on that last drive that won the game for dallas, they went into some sort of prevent defense, because it was suddenly
easy for dallas to move the ball down the field.
Wasn’t prevent, they actually played man and brought an extra man up front.

The Steelers front line was worn out, as they were rushing 4 the whole time and running a basic soft shell cover 2 defense without disguising anything. I said with 5 minutes to go, Dallas has plenty of time, as it’s obvious the line is worn out and they just need to rush the ball.

The reality is, Dallas should have blown them out if not for Dak’s asinine turnovers. The INT he threw staring down Lamb, the Cowboys consumed like 6-7 minutes on the drive and the Steelers couldn’t do anything about it.

Steve007

Reaction score
I thought the last minute win with toughness and grit in Pittsburgh would carry us for a while. Then at home the team went flat. We are a Jekyll and Hyde team. I want to know what happened between these two games that caused such a stark difference in outcomes. Open thread and taking ideas.....
The Cowboys offense wasn't great against the Steelers. The Steelers offense was bad so the defense looked better. Fields is horrible. The Lions are a good team.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
I thought the last minute win with toughness and grit in Pittsburgh would carry us for a while. Then at home the team went flat. We are a Jekyll and Hyde team. I want to know what happened between these two games that caused such a stark difference in outcomes. Open thread and taking ideas.....
Detroit is full of speedy talent at each skill position. The big difference Det qb is much more decisive and accurate on all levels. This translates to an old fashion behind the shed...well you know.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Because the Steeler's offense is on the same level as the Cowboy's offense (NON EXISTENT). The Lions on the other hand have an explosive offense that can strike by air and their exceptional run game. The Cowboys are so far behind the better teams in the NFL that it's going to take a REAL Cowboy GM years to catchup to them. Jerry Snyder has pretty destroyed this team with insanely stupid non-moves. He thinks he's some awesome GM who is probably the butt of more backroom NFL owner's jokes.