Why did we have grit in Pittsburgh then go flat at home?

Chasing6

Reaction score
...I agree, makes the point clearer. McCarthy just not bright enough to make battle plans, A, B, C.... in case things dont to move on plan.

Football is similar game to chess. You try to OUT-Think the other. We dont have the mental tools in right areas to benefit.
I agree with the Chess analogy, but when your team is missing pieces on the board, before the game starts, it is easy to get backed into a corner.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
love your avatar.
i miss that man.
I have had Emmitt, Zeke, Ferguson, and some other custom creations for seasons/holidays. But I chose this one at the start of the season to remind us of where we come from, the legacy, the legend.

The golden era of football. Very much missed indeed.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Pittsburg has a decent defense that has underperformed, but their offense is bad. Their OL is really bad, so they struggle to run, and Fields is not a good QB.

kskboys

Reaction score
Exactly big dog. Detroit is a better team than Pit, and we can't handle the better teams. I don't think it had anything to do with home or away, we just folded to a better team period.
It's not even that Pitt is soft, it's that they have a terrible one dimensional QB. That made all the difference in the game.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
Because...Nobody gives a damn. No accountability. Think anybody in the locker room getting on Diggs for making all those business decisions on the field?? I'd say not one person -not even McCarthy did. And we wonder why we get jacked up in games like this. You either coaching softness- or allowing softness. Which is it -McCarthy???

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I thought the last minute win with toughness and grit in Pittsburgh would carry us for a while. Then at home the team went flat. We are a Jekyll and Hyde team. I want to know what happened between these two games that caused such a stark difference in outcomes. Open thread and taking ideas.....
I think it largely boils down to QB play and the RBs

Cowboys beat:

-Watson
-Jones
-Fields

Cowboys lost:

-Carr
-Jackson
-Goff

The Cowboys couldn't stop good passing attacks and got destroyed trying to defend the run keeping them off balance. We can't compete, unless the opposing team is turned one dimensional.

Sydla

Reaction score
Steelers don't stink. Their QB stinks, with half our fans wanting him to replace Dak.
They are not a good team. Look at their wins. All ugly against mediocre teams. Their best win is the Falcons and does anyone consider the Falcons really good?

LOL at you guys trying to find some higher value in that win especially after we just got embarrassed at home a week later.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
The Steelers aren’t soft, lol.
Which words you pick are not the issue, Detroit is a better team than Pit and Dallas can't handle the better teams. We just barely beat Pit anyway, and we never even came close to matching up with Detroit. Getting killed by Detroit was no freak accident or just an off day for the Cowboys, we got stomped by a better team, and the same thing is probably going to happen against the 49ers next week.

Last edited:

Praxit

Reaction score
I agree with the Chess analogy, but when your team is missing pieces on the board, before the game starts, it is easy to get backed into a corner.
...yes thats true, good point. It was a game to lose, with 5-6 good players out. But the way it played out.

The lopsided loss, is more about how coaches failed to keep the game within scope of things.

Thats why so many, myself included. Wondered what happened? Why the blowout?

Lions were able to play in high school mode, and get away with it. ..lol..

Chasing6

Reaction score
...yes thats true, good point. It was a game to lose, with 5-6 good players out. But the way it played out.

The lopsided loss, is more about how coaches failed to keep the game within scope of things.

Thats why so many, myself included. Wondered what happened? Why the blowout?

Lions were able to play in high school mode, and get away with it. ..lol..
Not only players out injured, but missing pieces that were not filled in the off season by an incompetent GM.

Praxit

Reaction score
Not only players out injured, but missing pieces that were not filled in the off season by an incompetent GM.
..yep, unfortunately true. Jerry obviously none the wiser with the situation.

Dallas is run by farm family. A closed sector of particular people.