Why did we take Bohanna over Tonga?

garyv

Reaction score
I was curious why we took Ball ahead of D'Ante Smith too....except that maybe he is more of a pure OT.

I've read Ball could be very good. His big issues is off the field if he can get that squared away he could be a nice OT in the future.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I've read Ball could be very good. His big issues is off the field if he can get that squared away he could be a nice OT in the future.
The accusations were in 2017 and he's had no issues since. Who knows what happened. Even Florida St was wanting him back in 2018 and he decided to transfer after the ex went on a social media meltdown.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't care why one was drafted over there other. While looking through the rankings i saw Bohanna's weight and did not even consider him.

This is a sea change in the organization. I would have killed for either while Marinelli was telling us that Nick "Scrub" Hayden was a good player.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
The accusations were in 2017 and he's had no issues since. Who knows what happened. Even Florida St was wanting him back in 2018 and he decided to transfer after the ex went on a social media meltdown.

100% bro!!!

Everyone knows he stopped beating women a loooong time ago!

If his ex-girlfriend would just stop complaining about it everything would fine!

Jfconrow

Reaction score
Bohanna is what makes this whole defense work. The entire concept of a 2 gap defense relies on big dudes taking on two blockers. I’m just struggling to figure out whose the 6th and 7th defender I mean:

Lawrence
Greggory
Bohanna
Parsons
————-//
Who else?
Jaylon/LVE

I don’t know who else makes the field there are 2 defenders missing

Iago33

Reaction score
Honestly, I'm not sure.others mentioned that it might have to do with Bohannon facing better competition. im just glad they finally drafted a one tech.i almost fell over when they did.
It is funny to watch the Marinelli fan boys continuously bash Bohanna in thread after thread.
We have Marinelli fanboys? Who knew!

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bohanna is what makes this whole defense work. The entire concept of a 2 gap defense relies on big dudes taking on two blockers. I’m just struggling to figure out whose the 6th and 7th defender I mean:

Lawrence
Greggory
Bohanna
Parsons
————-//
Who else?
Jaylon/LVE

I don’t know who else makes the field there are 2 defenders missing

The interior DL will have a heavy rotation regardless of who starts.

Even if Bohanna "starts" he'll likely only play about 20% to 25% of the snaps.

Definitions
- HD=Hand Down
- SU=Stand-Up20
- Big: 4-3 DT or 3-4 DE/NT

Big Front
DLaw(HD).....DT.....DT.....Urban.....Gregory(SU)
...........Parsons...................JS/LVE.....................

3-4 Look
DLaw(SU).....Big....Bohanna.....Big.....Gregory(SU)
..............Parsons.................LVE/JS.........

Nickel:
DLaw.....DT.....DT.....Gregory
.....Parsons.......LVE/Neal.....

3-3-5
DLaw.....Gallimore.....Gregory
...Parsons.....LVE.........JS...

4-3 (basically a big Nickel because Neal is a LB/SS tweener)
DLaw.....DT.....DT.....Gregory
...Parsons.......LVE.....Neal...

LVE/JS
- They might be in a rotation.
- My opinion is that LVE is better across the board, however...
- They might play LVE more in passing situations and Jaylon more vs the run in part to limit the pounding on LVE.

Verdict

Reaction score
Frankly I couldn’t care less. You’re the one that claimed Tonga was superior and that he should’ve been the pick. The ones actually making the picks disagree. We all can have our opinions on players, but if you’re going to make a statement like you did, at least state why. But again, I don’t really care.
I don’t have a dog in this fight, but aren’t all of us mostly voicing opinions?