Why didn't get grab Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pretty sure this has a lot to do with it ........

His contract......
5/29/2014: Signed a four-year, $8,338,501 contract. The deal contains $7.559 million guaranteed, including a $4,384,364 signing bonus. 2018: Club Option, 2019: Free Agent

Ok. So, we could have got Tate for a 4th rounder and a lot less money. Still sounds like a better deal than Amari whose making 14 million next year and then is a free agent in 2020. Surely we could have resigned tate for a lot less than 14 million..............and we'd still have our 1st round pick.

dallas72

Reaction score
Ok. So, we could have got Tate for a 4th rounder and a lot less money. Still sounds like a better deal than Amari whose making 14 million next year and then is a free agent in 2020. Surely we could have resigned tate for a lot less than 14 million..............and we'd still have our 1st round pick.
Tate is 30...Cooper is 24.....I prefer Cooper....plus Tate is best as a slot WR

dallas72

Reaction score

His contract......
5/29/2014: Signed a four-year, $8,338,501 contract. The deal contains $7.559 million guaranteed, including a $4,384,364 signing bonus. 2018: Club Option, 2019: Free Agent
Dallas can get Earl next year and keep all our picks....Earl cant get big $$$ now either

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
He wants a big number next year. GB didn’t want to pay him. WAS was ok renting him.
It could have been him and ETIII in a race to sign the lowest deal. I'd bet that Jerry gives ETIII a contract that isn't market driven but emotionally driven this off-season. Meaning a contract comparable to the contract he would have gotten before the broken leg..

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score

1. Tate cost the Eagles a 3rd, not 4th and he makes a **** ton more money this year than Cooper
2. It's rumored Tate will make north of $11M, so again wrong on the a lot less than $14M
3. Tate is 30, Cooper is 24
4. Tate has more 1000 yard season in 8 seasons than Amari in 3 seasons. Lol

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score

His contract......

:hammer:

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
We should have grabbed Montgomery instead. A beast of a player, versatile, let go on unbelievably cheap deal, and above all.... A Cowboy fan.

I always wanted him here

:cool:

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
You know I thought the same thing. I feel much better paying him than ET too. Younger and more durable, might be slightly cheaper too.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

Tate is a slot receiver. What happens to Beasley, Dak's favorite target.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
1. Tate cost the Eagles a 3rd, not 4th and he makes a **** ton more money this year than Cooper
2. It's rumored Tate will make north of $11M, so again wrong on the a lot less than $14M
3. Tate is 30, Cooper is 24
4. Tate has more 1000 yard season in 8 seasons than Amari in 3 seasons. Lol

5. What happens to Beasley your STARTING slot receiver?

BTW.......Tate was quoted earlier in the week about getting paid. My guess he's probably looking for something in Landry range.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about all the cap space we’re going to have and it’s a bit of a myth. DLaw has to get paid. Irving has to get paid if we keep him, but I doubt we will (hope not). Our shiny new WR will have to get paid. Elliott will have to get paid. Dak or another QB will have to get paid. Smith will have to get paid. There are other lesser players as well. So, yes, we will have a lot if cap space but a great deal of it is already spoken for.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Yeah I'm pretty angry at this....I'd have given up a 4th for him and see what kinda deal we could make long term. Safety is a serious need.

I’m not sure I want to go into next years draft with only a second and third round pick in the first 140 selections.