Why didn't get grab Ha Ha Clinton-Dix?

lukin2006

Reaction score
Draft the best safety available with our number 2, o-lineman with our number 3. Sign a safety and TE in Free Agency. If some team is walking away from a proven decent QB, sign him and trade Dak for a 3rd if possible. I wish we had made a play for Cousins...yes he turns the ball over, but he’s not afraid to try and make plays to win. Dak plays not to lose...

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Tate has been averaging 90+ catches and 1000+ yards a season in the 4.5 years he has been in Detroit.

He has been an absolute model of consistently high production at the position.

Whats your point?
And why would you only use his Lions stats? The team that has run the ball the least over the last half decade.

Johnny23

Reaction score
Our defense is fine.
No it's not it's what it's always been but with more athletic players. We force no game winning or changing turnovers. Coupled with the obvious issues on offense. It's good against average to bad teams but doesn't get 3rd down stops or turnovers against good teams that are contenders. For years you've been a blind homer who defends the nonsensical foundation of the defenses we've fielded to average horrible results. Just because we have 5 players on defense that are good doesn't save it from it having issues.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No it's not it's what it's always been but with more athletic players. We force no game winning or changing turnovers. Coupled with the obvious issues on offense. It's good against average to bad teams but doesn't get 3rd down stops or turnovers against good teams that are contenders. For years you've been a blind homer who defends the nonsensical foundation of the defenses we've fielded to average horrible results. Just because we have 5 players on defense that are good doesn't save it from it having issues.
I didn't read past no it's not. We have the second ranked defense in the NFL

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously, we could've addressed our #1 need for a 4th rounder....

Ha Ha will likely want more after this season as a free agent than the Cowboys want to pay; therefore they didn't give up a pick to have him for 9 games.

With the Cooper trade, they are planning to pay him and the Franchise Tag is an option (They would NOT pay Ha Ha Franchise Tag money).

Also, they are still planning to sign Earl Thomas next year if he is healthy.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
Tate has been averaging 90+ catches and 1000+ yards a season in the 4.5 years he has been in Detroit.

He has been an absolute model of consistently high production at the position.

Too bad we don't have a gunslinger QB throwing an obscene amount of passes. Tate would not be good here.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
Quarterback
This stuff gets on my nerves.

When Romo was here - we had people on these forums calling for him to be benched for Kitna, McGee, before that saying we should've traded for Brady Quinn

Now that he's gone - he's the greatest of all time.

Dak is not an elite QB, sure, but he is not some joker. As of now, he is a middle of the pack guy. He isn't a weakness, he isn't a strength. Get him a coach that does something other than clap and he'd tremendously improve.

Heck, get a QB coach that has a clue, bring in Mark Sanchez, he was in Dak's ear as much as Romo if not more, and we saw the result of that in '16.

He is still undefeated when rushing more than 7 times in a game. Take the bumpers off and let him play the game his way. We'll win more.

There are a lot more factors than simply "Dak sucks".

Given his age, there are maybe 8-10 guys in the league I'd prefer over him right now. Brady? Sure, but he's 41. Frankly, I'll get trolled for this, but give me 25 year old Dak over 41 year old Brady. Brees? He's 39. Rodgers? Yeah, I'd prefer Rodgers.

Of the young guns? Dak was Mahomes 2 seasons ago. Why is everyone so sure he's the next great one? Luck was Dak 2 years before Dak was Dak.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
This stuff gets on my nerves.

When Romo was here - we had people on these forums calling for him to be benched for Kitna, McGee, before that saying we should've traded for Brady Quinn

Now that he's gone - he's the greatest of all time.

Dak is not an elite QB, sure, but he is not some joker. As of now, he is a middle of the pack guy. He isn't a weakness, he isn't a strength. Get him a coach that does something other than clap and he'd tremendously improve.

Heck, get a QB coach that has a clue, bring in Mark Sanchez, he was in Dak's ear as much as Romo if not more, and we saw the result of that in '16.

He is still undefeated when rushing more than 7 times in a game. Take the bumpers off and let him play the game his way. We'll win more.

There are a lot more factors than simply "Dak sucks".

Given his age, there are maybe 8-10 guys in the league I'd prefer over him right now. Brady? Sure, but he's 41. Frankly, I'll get trolled for this, but give me 25 year old Dak over 41 year old Brady. Brees? He's 39. Rodgers? Yeah, I'd prefer Rodgers.

Of the young guns? Dak was Mahomes 2 seasons ago. Why is everyone so sure he's the next great one? Luck was Dak 2 years before Dak was Dak.
There are so many things in this post that I don't even know where to begin.

So instead i'll just laugh at the Mark Sanchez vs. Romo reference.

LOLOLOLOLOL