Why didn't they just keep Collins and draft Linderbaum

conner01

Reaction score
PFF doesnt like him either. Who outside Dallas thinks Biadez is any good?
Fans think Williams was a bum but other teams didn’t
He’s not as bad as most think
He had no camp his first year so he had to develop and as the season went on he did get better
I didn’t like the smith pick, I would have taken Johnson
But we needed a LG worse than we needed a center

Hayseed

Reaction score
I watched Linderbaum get absolutely DESTROYED by one of the Wisconsin inside linebackers last season. And not just on one play,....the kid ate his lunch all day. Now,....the Linebacker was a brute, Inside backer Leo Chenel. Kid walked on campus at 18 years old and already had his MAN BODY. Just one of those rare specimens, Goes 6-3 250. Actually,....he is one of the sleepers of this draft. Will most likely go in round 3 but SHOULD go in round 2. Be that as it may,....a line backer should not have given Linderbaum those kind of fits. I think he gets overpowered at the NFL level.

fivetwos

Reaction score
All I know is this.....

Smith better get on a serious fast track toward figuring out how to block without grabbing or Biadasz is going to look an awful lot like last year when he had to babysit McGovern.

This really blew any shot of next season being any better on the OL.

Maybe it works out long term, don't know.....but a team who relies on the draft for immediate help picks a project in the first round? Come on.

Maybe they really are looking ahead to 2023 with a new staff.

If Tyler Smith was 16 overall on your board, your board was wrong....just on the raw factor alone.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Because they think they found their new (cheaper) starting tackle in Steele and Collins refused to shuffle over to G.

RS12

Reaction score
Linderbaum didn't fit their profile. Physically small and short armed Lineman.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Linderbaum is too small and light weighted in a division with nasty DT you face twice a year.

He cant deal with Jordan Davis or Jonathan Allen twice a year.
then why would pitt draft him in 1st round?? :huh:
I guess pitt doesnt face any big DT , or maybe they are just that stupid?

DandyDon52

Reaction score
this could be another case where dallas took a taco, and Pitt too a watt?
ONly time will tell.

Mannix

Reaction score
He can't without a good LG. On a larger scale though I disagree. Linderbaum will be a stud going forward if he stays healthy, and is in the right conditions. Tape doesn't lie. He consistently stopped big boys, and made pancakes with some syrup. That wrestling background makes him 100% NFL ready. The rest is understanding schemes, and natural talent.

We'll see. Every draft pick is a crap shoot. Hopefully ours pans out.

That is exactly why OL's from Iowa are NFL ready....if you don't think he can handle the big guys, you didn't see the wrestling clip they showed last nite of him taking down Tristan Wirfs. Baltimore will have the last laugh on this one. I am in NO WAY sold on Will McClay like some of you are....he is the one recommending these mistakes.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
I'm still befuddled by the Collins release. Linderbaum is the Fredrick replacement that we have been looking for.
I am befuddled as well, just move Collins to guard, pretty simple actually.
I think they had other concerns about Collins.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I think they feel that if you put a consistent good player by him, he will be fine. And he wasn’t as bad as fans thought anyway

They need to put a pad on his back so when he gets pushed back, he doesn't hurt Dak. The OL is only as good as its weakest link. No such thing as putting a good link attach to a weak link to make it stronger...it will still break.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I'm still befuddled by the Collins release.

People keep looking at Collins and Cooper as financial decisions. It was apparent Jerry was disappointed in both and wanted them gone.

Whether those were wise choices is another matter.