Why do analysts discussing our playoff chances THIS year make reference...

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
to the fact that we haven't won a playoff game in 12 years?

Yes I'm talking about Rod Woodson, Warren Sapp and Cris Carter.

Can someone please explain to me how not winng our 1998 playoff game against Arizona or even our 2003 playoff game against Carolina impacts this team?

Whenever Jamie Dukes or Deon Sanders has something positive to say about our team with respect to the postseason, these *******s ( Woodson and Sapp) bring up the 12 year playoff drought.

I mean they do it over and over and over again. It's obvious to me that when they are doing this it's more about rubbing the Cowboy Organization, A.K.A. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' fans face in shot, then it has to do with any sort of objective analysis.

There are plenty of short-comings with this team to make reference to when painting a negative picture.
If you don't like the Cowboys chances, you can make reference to Romo's turnovers, inconsistent defense play, poor special teams and even the recent playoffs failings of 2007 and 2006.
I mean most of these players were on those teams and a reasonable arguement can be made that those losses could be a source of added pressure.

But excentuating the 12 year drought does not. It means nothing and will not impact this team.

Like I said, it's just unprofessional *******s rubbing our face in it! I only wish Sanders or Dukes would just once call them on it.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
It does matter...there is a pattern.

Though players and coaches change, there is one constant, one common denominator.

links18

Reaction score
Don't you know its not the players that actually play the game, it's the uniforms and our uniforms haven't won a playoff game in 12 years. So I guess since we haven't changed our uniforms in 12 years the streak has to continue.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
Each team from each season and each playoff game is different. The Seattle game from 06 was a scrappy game that could have gone either way and a lot of those players from that game weren't on the team even a year before that muchless the last time a playoff game was won.

The Sapp's and Woodson's of the world need to get off their high horses and analyze these games and teams fairly. They need to do it as if they were still playing and not like they were the best who ever did it with their comments.

I thought the reason they are even on the shows is to give insight from a player's perspective not some crazy Cowboy hatin fan.

These networks could just pick up liquored up chest paint guy from the stadium for that type of analysis.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Because they are talking about the Dallas Cowboys franchise and Jerry Jones.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
If we get in and beat the Vikings is anyone really going to be impressed?

Have we really done anything? No

Dallas needs to get in and do some damage for once.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2524540 said:
to the fact that we haven't won a playoff game in 12 years?

Yes I'm talking about Rod Woodson, Warren Sapp and Cris Carter.

Can someone please explain to me how not winng our 1998 playoff game against Arizona or even our 2003 playoff game against Carolina impacts this team?

Whenever Jamie Dukes or Deon Sanders has something positive to say about our team with respect to the postseason, these *******s ( Woodson and Sapp) bring up the 12 year playoff drought.

I mean they do it over and over and over again. It's obvious to me that when they are doing this it's more about rubbing the Cowboy Organization, A.K.A. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' fans face in shot, then it has to do with any sort of objective analysis.

There are plenty of short-comings with this team to make reference to when painting a negative picture.
If you don't like the Cowboys chances, you can make reference to Romo's turnovers, inconsistent defense play, poor special teams and even the recent playoffs failings of 2007 and 2006.
I mean most of these players were on those teams and a reasonable arguement can be made that those losses could be a source of added pressure.

But excentuating the 12 year drought does not. It means nothing and will not impact this team.

Like I said, it's just unprofessional *******s rubbing our face in it! I only wish Sanders or Dukes would just once call them on it.

You're right, but then you're expecting intelligent analysis from people who get paid just as well for throwing out meaningless hot button sound bites.

I mean, the Rams won a Superbowl in that span. Should we rather be them?

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Rod Woodson, Warren Sapp and Cris Carter are three of the most jealous former players I have ever seen.

They hate the Cowboys and it's because we have been so great and they can't link themselves with this franchise.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
They say it because it's the longest drought in the team's history.

This is a franchise that has won 5 out of 8 Super Bowls.

This is a franchise that at one time went 20 years or so with a winning record.

This is a franchise that is 'supposed' be in the upper tier of NFL teams year in and year out and for the last 12 years that hasn't happened.

They say it repeatedly because it's in line with histotical events such as the fall of great empires.

They say because it open ears as to the downward spiral this team has been in for some time now.

You know when they will stop saying it?

When we win a freaking playoff game.

cowboyz

Reaction score
it's about JJ and his ineptitude. they don't believe his method works, so this is the stat to prove it.

Ichill2

Reaction score
Rod Woodson especially he remembers that 95 Superbowl loss he had bitter boys face. Chris Carter couldn't beat us in the 90's. Warren Sapp I think is the most fair of the three. Jamie & Deione are the only 2 who seems to like the boys..

HoosierCowboy

Put Pearson in the HOF
Reaction score
jackrussell;2524544 said:
It does matter...there is a pattern.

Though players and coaches change, there is one constant, one common denominator.

but it's illogical to wee patterns in things that aren't related. There is no common denominator except team name and owner and neither can cause a team to loose playoff games. It's the same people who would say that Landry couldn't win a championship.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
HoosierCowboy;2524590 said:
but it's illogical to wee patterns in things that aren't related. There is no common denominator except team name and owner and neither can cause a team to loose playoff games. It's the same people who would say that Landry couldn't win a championship.

It is not illogical when they are talking about the franchise. It is what it is and until the franchise starts winning, we the fans have to hear about it.

If this team gets it turned around this year and is able to make a run in the playoffs, we will still hear about it next year. They will then wonder and talk about it being a fluke or getting over the hump. Either way the team needs to make a habit of winning late multiple years in a row to convince anybody that gets paid to cover the NFL.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Maybe it's because this team hasn't won a game that matters or a playoff game in more than a decade. It's the mindset of the franchise that's being talked about. Not necessarily this team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
the DoNkEy PuNcH;2524602 said:
Maybe it's because this team hasn't won a game that matters or a playoff game in more than a decade. It's the mindset of the franchise that's being talked about. Not necessarily this team.

We've damn sure won games that mattered.

Playoffs are a different story.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Well the only remedy for that is to win a playoff game, even one win in that stretch rendes that talking point invalid so look to the Cowboy for your answer.

It's a trend the Cowboys have created for themselves, I don't think there's another team in the league that gets as much press and puclicity that we do that has yet to win a playoff game in that long a stretch.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
So just to get this straight....the same people who clamor that their expectations are high for this team BECAUSE of their spoiled history of winning, want to deflect history when it becomes a negative benchmark.

Gotcha.:rolleyes:

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
The 1997-2004 Cowboys have 8 years of responsibility.

The Romo led Cowboys have played in 2 playoff games.

Payton Manning lost his first playoff game, at home, and in the divisional round. The Colts were 13-3. It took Manning a while to win a playoff game.

Romo can break the streak this year at Minnesota if the Cowboys get in.