Why do people still love Richard?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Richard isnt rocking the boat. Hence the Hill pick. Look at the Seattle d line compared to ours. Richard in no way likes what he is dealing with with Marinelli but the old man commands respect. I believe would see a completely different defense and draft strategy under Richard.

Thats obviously just my opinion.

+1 .......this is NOT his defense or his players. He's done the best he could with what he's had to work with. Kinda hard to get a true picture of what he can do using another coor players and system. Having said that, I'd still like to see MAJOR changes on that side of the ball. Hell, I'd even consider going back to 3-4.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Coordinator is just preparing game plan. The play caller is the one who executes the game plan. Usually they are the same person but not here.

Marinelli is not teaching Chidos technique. Marinelli is not the reason CBs never look for the ball. Marinelli is not the reason DBs play 7 yards off on 3rd and 2.

IDK.....Marinelli is STILL the head dog of the D. If what Richard is teaching isn't working then he has the authority to change it.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Richard isnt rocking the boat. Hence the Hill pick. Look at the Seattle d line compared to ours. Richard in no way likes what he is dealing with with Marinelli but the old man commands respect. I believe would see a completely different defense and draft strategy under Richard.

Thats obviously just my opinion.
This is completely Richards defense. It looks very much like his defense in Seattle the last few years. He calls plays very much like he did the last few seasons he was there as well. Everything that you could say about that Seattle defense his last couple years there is the exact same thing you say now about the Cowboys defense.

Rayman70

Reaction score
if JJ wants a puppet, all he has to do is hire from within. We have puppets galore on staff. FILLED with yes men. Do not be shocked if he hires Kellen Moore as HC lol..or Ben Bloom. I actually would prefer Ben Bloom...

Proof

Reaction score
Aside from being a guy that yells and brings energy what does Richard bring? Carroll fired him and the current secondary gets very few picks and Chido has regressed.

He calls the defense so it can’t be ALL Rod’s fault. And I doubt if he’s calling the defense he hates everything about it. The defense rarely blitzes so where’s this aggressive nature?

Parcells called the defense with Zimmer when they went from 4-3 to 3-4 because Zimmer didn’t agree with the 3-4 but realized it was a good learning experience to learn the nuances of a different scheme so he stayed on to game plan.

I’m honestly not sure because whatever he’s doing hasn’t translated on the field, but for some reason I like him. I don’t know what it is, but I do despite the evidence.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
I just want you guys to remember one very important thing.

Anyone who coaches under Jerry Jones is put in a position to fail.

This undeniable truth can not be dismissed simply because you're tired of hearing it.

not only do they ignore it, some actually believe Stephen will be different. Sad to say we have decades of mediocrity ahead of us.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Garretts Alamo? WHY did he let it come to this???? I CALL BS. He has to win out,period..or he doesn't keep his job. In fact, if e lose today, he's fired by Friday morning,if not my this evening. That's where we are at. BTW..THE "GARRETT ALAMO" THREAD WAS REMOVED so I posted this here.

Big_D

Reaction score
if JJ wants a puppet, all he has to do is hire from within. We have puppets galore on staff. FILLED with yes men. Do not be shocked if he hires Kellen Moore as HC lol..or Ben Bloom. I actually would prefer Ben Bloom...

This next hire will certainly be interesting. Will Jerry ever learn??? Stay tuned!! This is when after 24 years you finally show everyone how much you really want to win. We shall see..

Rayman70

Reaction score
This next hire will certainly be interesting. Will Jerry ever learn??? Stay tuned!! This is when after 24 years you finally show everyone how much you really want to win. We shall see..
ANSWER,NO. Why should he in his mind? He is the top rated sports franchise in the world in popularity and worth. AS long as those 2 things remain the same, the team situation won't change.

Big_D

Reaction score
ANSWER,NO. Why should he in his mind? He is the top rated sports franchise in the world in popularity and worth. AS long as those 2 things remain the same, the team situation won't change.

But the situation does change if he goes out and gets a coach like McDaniels or Meyer. Big difference from elevating Kellen Moore.

kskboys

Reaction score
Right now, all of you who have argued w/ me are getting your answer. Question: Secondary or DLine?

W/o a disruptive DLine, nothing you do on D will matter all that much. We keep getting example after example of this, and yet people are crying for more CB's. Fix the DLine, fix the D. And not w/ a bunch of lightly built gap shooters!!!!

Big_D

Reaction score
Right now, all of you who have argued w/ me are getting your answer. Question: Secondary or DLine?

W/o a disruptive DLine, nothing you do on D will matter all that much. We keep getting example after example of this, and yet people are crying for more CB's. Fix the DLine, fix the D. And not w/ a bunch of lightly built gap shooters!!!!

It's not only killing the secondary but also the LBs. Guys who need to flow to the football but can't. It's a fundamental issue.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
Exactly and Richards biggest fault is not playing Lewis more but even with that I don’t know if that’s him or Maranelli. Maranelli seems to have some say in personnel on every level of the defense.
You people need to stop giving Richard passes for everything when he AND Maranelli should be accountable.

CowboysBravesSpurs

Reaction score
But he is the reason the D line is garbage.. as usual. That plays a big part in what your secondary is doing or is capable of doing. This is like blaming the TE coach when they can't run the football. lol If you want to blame Richrd, give him full control. Right now this mess is Marinelli's fault. And Garretts.
Richard is trash too. Hope he’s gone once Garret is fires.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Ummmm this is Marinelli's players, scheme, gameplanning and defense. Richard just calls the plays in tune with what Marinelli wants during the week. You think that old geezer allows Richard to call it how he wants? Absolutely not. Same as this offense. This is still Garrett's offense and has been since 2007. You can run any coordinator in there to call plays but every single thing about it is Garrett's.

Nothing about this defense is Richard's. I don't know how people don't know what is going on here. Linehan was just the scapegoat here.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
You people need to stop giving Richard passes for everything when he AND Maranelli should be accountable.

Nope. That is like blaming the CEO's assistant and secretary for problems in the company. Richard is just following Rod's orders. Richard has no real say in doing what he wants. Wake me up when he has real input, especially on personnel in the draft and free agency.

kskboys

Reaction score
Ummmm this is Marinelli's players, scheme, gameplanning and defense. Richard just calls the plays in tune with what Marinelli wants during the week. You think that old geezer allows Richard to call it how he wants? Absolutely not. Same as this offense. This is still Garrett's offense and has been since 2007. You can run any coordinator in there to call plays but every single thing about it is Garrett's.

Nothing about this defense is Richard's. I don't know how people don't know what is going on here. Linehan was just the scapegoat here.
Linehan called plays exactly the same way w/ DET. I think you may be wrong on that.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nope. That is like blaming the CEO's assistant and secretary for problems in the company. Richard is just following Rod's orders. Richard has no real say in doing what he wants. Wake me up when he has real input, especially on personnel in the draft and free agency.
There's really no way to know just how much power Richard has.