Why do people still love Richard?

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
folks hero jordan lewis cannot handle cole beasley ...:confused:
You would think the defense knowing Beasley in and out could scheme around him. Pass defense and secondary play is 100% Richard. He confirmed again today, he’s WAY overrated. His approval rating is based solely on the fact he yells a lot.

Blue64

Reaction score
Fact is Richard after this season will be an HC somewhere else and I’m certain he will succeed.
I believe he is handcuffed and the old man still calls the shots along with Garrett.
All season Richard has been saying Lewis was his most talented CB, he just lacked the size...
I’m certain that Rod has been calling the defense the last couple of weeks.
I say fire Garrett (won’t happen) and give this guy a chance to at least spark some life into this team going into the last few games...

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I think that the lack of definitive roles could play a part in this too. Who is calling the defense? It's like nobody knows. Does the Cowboys sideline even know? Hard to say how much freedom he has with the defense in his role. Is he tethered to Marinelli's archaic system? Now, I am not defending him. I thought his specialty was secondary and our secondary has seemed to regress (not that they were that great to begin with). The team is allergic to interceptions. I'm fine with the entire defensive staff sailing off into the sunset at this point. Bring in somebody fresh.

3rd_n_inches

Reaction score
Why are we worried a about Richard when he established a decent secondary but Rod drafts a kid he formed a relationship with in college who he came out and said is regressing like we shouldn’t care he had us waste a 2nd rounder on.

We cut one of his lineman on a rookie contract that we drafted in the 1st round for nothing we literally could have kept him till the end of the season as a backup.

This is what happens when the staff wants everyone to hug and kiss during the week. The team comes out in the first quarter and looks timid to make contact or get inside the opponents head.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Aside from being a guy that yells and brings energy what does Richard bring? Carroll fired him and the current secondary gets very few picks and Chido has regressed.

He calls the defense so it can’t be ALL Rod’s fault. And I doubt if he’s calling the defense he hates everything about it. The defense rarely blitzes so where’s this aggressive nature?

Parcells called the defense with Zimmer when they went from 4-3 to 3-4 because Zimmer didn’t agree with the 3-4 but realized it was a good learning experience to learn the nuances of a different scheme so he stayed on to game plan.
Well the defense is better since he got here and he does show emotion and passion unlike the other zombie coaches.

YOu cant judge him based on the defense because he is not the DC, get rid of marinelli make him the DC , then you could judge him, but right now it is a joke
with the setup they have.

Turnovers, this team has had that problem the whole time marinelli had been here, this scheme does not produce turnovers, and that also gets into how players
are coached and taught and motivated on a daily basis.
Carroll firing him doesnt mean much, and really it is hard to fairly judge him since he is just a cog in a insane wheel.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Fact is Richard after this season will be an HC somewhere else and I’m certain he will succeed.
I believe he is handcuffed and the old man still calls the shots along with Garrett.
All season Richard has been saying Lewis was his most talented CB, he just lacked the size...
I’m certain that Rod has been calling the defense the last couple of weeks.
I say fire Garrett (won’t happen) and give this guy a chance to at least spark some life into this team going into the last few games...

agree with some of this.

Marinelli is still in charge of the defense though.

We are still a BBDB defense.

For a few more games...