Why do teams play us like it's their Superbowl?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I’m in Louisville Kentucky—college basketball country. This week—-in the off season— I’ve seen a kid about 8 and a lady in her 50’s (separate times) wearing Cowboys gear.

We are by far the most popular team and this motivates others.

CWR

Reaction score
The crazy thing is thinking about how many thoughts you don't post. I thought I was a sick man, but your case is way worse lol.

They play us like that because the media and Jerry always find a way to keep us in the spotlight. We are so often paper tigers and it's an excellent opportunity to make your mark.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
That's not what America's Team is, though. It goes much deeper and it is and always will be the Dallas Cowboys...whether y'all like it or not. Shrugs.
True. America's Team is not a title that gets passed around. It is the nickname (and accurate description) of the Dallas Cowboys. No other team has a nickname that other teams want.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I think you know why. The same reason as always.

JC-SPRT-NFLCOWBOYS-6_Dallas-Cowboys-Americas-Team-Flag.jpg
I think if that is the reason we should park the term for some time , at least till we win a championship!

802dave

Reaction score
Good teams know that if they smack the Boys in the mouth they have them beat. Got to get mentally tougher.

Quickdraw

Reaction score
Back when the team was winning Superbowl, they played the game like it was their Superbowl because if you beat the best, you got the recognition.

Fast forward to now. There could be 2 reason. Either the Cowboys aren't that good, or they lack discipline. Maybe both?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
Are we really that good of a team that teams have to play their greatest against us? I mean we're on tv a lot on tv, but other times we're not and teams still give us their all. I mentioned being on tv because I understand that you want to play your best when all the lights are on you. Should't we take that same approach????? Please give your thoughts.........
Do other teams really play Dallas like it's the super bowl? Or is it Dallas is just an average team that gets occasionally stomped by average to below average teams because they are unprepared and lack the necessary focus and passion?

btgboys41

Reaction score
This myth needs to die. When the Cowboys get stomped, it’s not because the opponent raised their level for that game. Name any team that raised their level because it’s the Cowboys, then justify why they have other wins when not playing the Cowboys.