Why do you think RG3's career crashed?

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He could never stand in the pocket and throw with any consistency. Those QBs never last.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The dude couldn't read a defense to save his life. When he couldn't run anymore, he was done.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Gimmick QB.
As for the ROY Award, Russell Wilson and Andrew Luck both
were more deserving than the kid with the catchy nickname.

His own coach didn't want him. His backup outplayed him.

Dalmations202

Reaction score
Size, and injuries caused the first problems
Attitude caused the second problems
After that, Coaching/Offense not to his strengths caused the third problems

Most don't get but two chances, to an extent three different things caused his downfall.

Age will not allow for a team to design and build an offense to his strengths now, so he is essentially a backup until an injury forces someones hand or he retires. Way to beat the RPO is to always take the QB even if you give up yards and hit him every time as he is a runner, but not built with a RB body, so he will break down. Life expectancy of a RB is how many years, and that only works if they have the correct RB body and learn how to not get hit cleanly. Shortens it greatly if you don't have that body.

landroverking

Reaction score
Needed to be built like Russell, not Rita.
Just to light and thin for his style of play.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I did answer the question and you did have your panties all knotted up over it and over nothing.
No, why label someone as dumb instead of specifying what it is you think they don't do well? I am sure you can't read NFL defenses in real time. Would it be ok to label you as a dummy?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
No, why label someone as dumb instead of specifying what it is you think they don't do well? I am sure you can't read NFL defenses in real time. Would it be ok to label you as a dummy?
That's about the dumbest analogy I've heard in a long time. I'm not trying to be an NFL QB. I know nothing about what it takes to be an NFL QB or any player for that matter. I'm ignorant on millions and millions of topics just like the rest of us. I'm an expert in just a couple. The ones that make me a living. I say the RGIII couldn't read defenses because that's what all the experts said about him. His Wonderlic score was just average. So maybe if he would've studied harder and watched more film he would have been more successful. That's why I said he was as dumb as a rock. All he had to do was apply himself more and he would've been richer than a bull in a cow pasture.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
That's about the dumbest analogy I've heard in a long time. I'm not trying to be an NFL QB. I know nothing about what it takes to be an NFL QB or any player for that matter. I'm ignorant on millions and millions of topics just like the rest of us. I'm an expert in just a couple. The ones that make me a living. I say the RGIII couldn't read defenses because that's what all the experts said about him. His Wonderlic score was just average. So maybe if he would've studied harder and watched more film he would have been more successful. That's why I said he was as dumb as a rock. All he had to do was apply himself more and he would've been richer than a bull in a cow pasture.
If you don't understand the problem with what you said, then you're beyond help. Still, with whatever it is that you do for a living, if there's an important aspect of the job that you don't do well, it would be beyond unreasonable to label you as dumb. You just aren't good at your job.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
If you don't understand the problem with what you said, then your beyond help. Still, with whatever it is that you do for a living, if there's an important aspect of the job that you don't do well, it would be beyond unreasonable to label you as dumb. You are just aren't good at your job.
That's true. But being able to read defenses as a QB in the NFL is mandatory. If you can't do it, you're gone aka RGIII. If I couldn't do a similarly important requirement of my job, I'd be gone.
Basically, you're overreacting dude. Just let it go. I have nothing against RGIII. He was awesome at Baylor and I enjoyed watching him play. I was scared as hell when the Deadskins drafted him because I watching him play many times as a Longhorn fan. His first season was fantastic as a Pro because he could run like nobodys tomorrow. But when he came back from that horrible injury he had to rely on much more than his physical ability and he just didn't put in the time. Again, wonderlic score was high enough to where you'd think he should be able to put in the time and learn to read defenses. He didn't so to me he's dumb as a rock. Blew millions.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes he was. He was the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, setting records for rookie QB passer rating and TD:INT ratio in the process.
The stats thing doesn't work in this case. He didn't understand the passing game.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The stats thing doesn't work in this case. He didn't understand the passing game.

That’s obviously not true, for anybody who watched him play that year.

He lost his career because of a serious injury.

ghst187

Reaction score
Yes he was. He was the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year, setting records for rookie QB passer rating and TD:INT ratio in the process.

I think losing the ability to run the RPO after injuries hit exposed his inabilities to play the traditional pocket passer role.
I actually think Wentz is a lot less dangerous since his knee injury too. When defenses have to worry about the QB running for 30 yards every drop back, it tends to uncover WRs and make throws easier. I liked RG at Baylor, but his game was what it was and injuries derailed his game. Imagine Deshaun Watson or Lamar or Vick not being able to effectively run The ball, their passing would instantly get vastly worse. I don’t think that is bashing or insulting, half the threat those guys pose is running. Imagine Brady not being able to throw very well....he’d lose most of his effectiveness too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think losing the ability to run the RPO after injuries hit exposed his inabilities to play the traditional pocket passer role.
I actually think Wentz is a lot less dangerous since his knee injury too. When defenses have to worry about the QB running for 30 yards every drop back, it tends to uncover WRs and make throws easier. I liked RG at Baylor, but his game was what it was and injuries derailed his game. Imagine Deshaun Watson or Lamar or Vick not being able to effectively run The ball, their passing would instantly get vastly worse. I don’t think that is bashing or insulting, half the threat those guys pose is running. Imagine Brady not being able to throw very well....he’d lose most of his effectiveness too.

I agree with all of this.

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
Griffin, to this day, still can't figure out to how to adjust pre-snap protections based on what the defense is showing. He often times gets leveled in a traditional drop because he can't read coverages and go through route trees fast enough before his lack of pre-snap adjustments gets him decapitated.

Griffin is no where near as dynamic as he was as a rookie. He can't outrun an entire defense for 76 yards like he did the Vikings in 2012. He has never progressed as QB since he's been in the league, and that is solely due to his ego and inability to be coached. It's sad, but, Dwayne Haskins showed more growth as a quarterback in 1/3 of a season as a rookie than RG3 has shown in his entire career. Lamar Jackson is a more durable, smarter and easier to coach version of him.