Why does 3-2 feel as bad or worse than the 3-5 start last season?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah Garrett does get us up for divisional games. It’s when we play good teams outside the division.

I’d have to check, but my hunch is most good teams beat bad teams and are close to 50/50 against teams as good as they are.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Trust me Garrett isn’t close to 50/50 vs winning teams outside the division don’t waste your time.

I didn’t say outside the division. And if he’s beating good teams at the same rate most other good teams do, it’s much better those games be in the division anyway.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I didn’t say outside the division. And if he’s beating good teams at the same rate most other good teams do, it’s much better those games be in the division anyway.
Eh I disagree. It hasn’t done much good for us. it’s been like that for 10 years we could be 8-8 but we’ll be 5-1 in the division. It’s a disturbing trend.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Because it’s the same piece of film...just reruns of games and seasons we’ve watched before. They’ll have some good wins,and get in position but you know the ending. Gosh dang Linehan on defense and Garrett doing whatever he does.. It’s a freaking bipolar mess of comedies again...hilarious. I really do have to top my hat to them....artistian’s,true artisan’s. Only ones who could break most records we have for “most amount of yards given up in...” ..”Fewest TD’s scored in..”..”Biggest blowout at home in...” ”Least amount of sacks and takeaways in...” etc etc. They easily hold the most records for embarrasing “want to get away?” games under their belts. That’s something to appreciate. Ahhh...worse all time offense,and worse all time defense,and to players sometimes I’ve never heard of before,and never again after. That takes skill and talent gentlemen....a madman’s talents.

DStar22

Reaction score
it feels bad or worse because it's hard to see how this team can beat real contenders going forward.

mmohican29

Reaction score
How can they win a bunch of games? They might win 3 more, have you seen the schedule? 6-10 might be optimistic at this point. They can't run, the OL is a flat out disaster, the DL might just as bad. The LB suck, we have one good corner, jone, the rest are iffy at best. Copper has become a drop machine, the QB is back to being average.

What teams are you afraid of?

I see one nearly guaranteed loss: @ NE.

Everybody else is very beatable. Perhaps you should show me the teams with more than the 3 wins we have today left on the schedule.

Get a clue.

pugilist

Stick N Move
Reaction score
last season the defense was top 3 in the NFL, even through that 3-5 stretch. it was the offense that struggled

this year the defense is hot garbage and the offense is JV quality at best against good teams.. no bueno

feels like a 4-12 or 5-11 season to me

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This team found a way to turn it around last season at 3-5, when it looked like they wouldn't be a playoff team. So, I guess that is reason enough not to completely give up on this team and this season. But, 3-2 this season feels worse than 3-5 for some reason.

Maybe it's because these loses back to back are still fresh and the Cowboys have yet to beat a team with a winning record this season. I believe that it just feels worse to me because of the brutal schedule we have coming up, which seems that much more difficult with the Cowboys not having beaten a good team yet this season.

I feel like the season is on the line somewhat in the next 2 weeks. There's the Jets who aren't an automatic win since they get some of their key players back. And then the Eagles. Even if we beat the Jets a loss to the Eagles puts this season in doubt.

This is going to be a long 2 weeks, because a win over the Jets isn't enough to make me feel that much better about this team.

For me it's because these losses now make the Cowboys look like frauds.

Their three wins came against teams that are a combined 2-12.

And they've lost to both winning teams they've faced, the most recent one quite badly. At home.

This team now has plenty to prove, and disprove.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
This team found a way to turn it around last season at 3-5, when it looked like they wouldn't be a playoff team. So, I guess that is reason enough not to completely give up on this team and this season. But, 3-2 this season feels worse than 3-5 for some reason.

Maybe it's because these loses back to back are still fresh and the Cowboys have yet to beat a team with a winning record this season. I believe that it just feels worse to me because of the brutal schedule we have coming up, which seems that much more difficult with the Cowboys not having beaten a good team yet this season.

I feel like the season is on the line somewhat in the next 2 weeks. There's the Jets who aren't an automatic win since they get some of their key players back. And then the Eagles. Even if we beat the Jets a loss to the Eagles puts this season in doubt.

This is going to be a long 2 weeks, because a win over the Jets isn't enough to make me feel that much better about this team.
Because you are a prisoner of the moment. Just like last season, the Cowboys will figure out a few things and get better.