Why does everyone say we need....

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
a WR in the top 2 rounds? the only scenerio where I would want a WR in the first or second round is if Jordan Shipley falls to the mid-second round..

We got Miles Austin who has proven what he can do, and is an Elite WR in the making, we have Kevin Ogletree who has shown some potential, we have Patrick Crayton who is one of the most stable WR's in the NFL you know what you are going to get with him week in and week out, we even got a overrated WR in Roy Williams.

We don't need another WR unless there is a sleeper or a bargain for someone to replace Roy Williams.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Unless somebody with crazy skills falls to us ala BPA, we should pass and go OT...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
We need to take some good players and I want the best player that is a OT, MLB, NT, CB, S, or WR.

There is so many guys that our good in this draft. Imagine if we got a Joseph Haden from Florida? Pair him with Jenkins for the next 8 years and our defense would be set.

Sooo many options.

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
I don't think we need a WR in the first round.

And why would we need a WR at all when we have the best WR in the league?!?!:lmao2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Because even if Austin is having a break out year it's not enough for us to rest on. It's extremely easy to take away a WR and basically if we grab 2 more WR's that run great routes with great hands we can have dependable 3rd down WR's and dependable WR in the clutch and austin an ca still get his on the side. Also gotta think that the Wr isn't like the QB position. That's pretty much the only position where you can have a franchise player at and not have to worry about drafting someone else if you have a franchise guy at that position. Also we shouldn't wait on young UDFA to develop. No matter how much I like Ogltree just sitting on him would be problematic.

The Realist

Reaction score
I don't think we need a WR in rounds 1-3.

Wouldn't be mad if we took one 4-7.

Gilyard was my favorite player based on need before Austin broke out.

If we took him I wouldn't be upset.

If DC's had to try to match up with Roy, Austin, Gilyard, Witten and 1 of our 3 backs on 3rd down they would just wet themselves and curl up in the fetal position.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3117257 said:
I don't think we need a WR in rounds 1-3.

Wouldn't be mad if we took one 4-7.

Gilyard was my favorite player based on need before Austin broke out.

If we took him I wouldn't be upset.

If DC's had to try to match up with Roy, Austin, Gilyard, Witten and 1 of our 3 backs on 3rd down they would just wet themselves and curl up in the fetal position.

Why is Roy in your breakdown ?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I would think who Dallas loses in FA and who we may sign in FA will help to determine what they do on draft day

The Realist

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3117299 said:
...... If that's the case there's no way Austin can be on that list.

Interest: Video games

Why isn't that shocking to me?

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
The Realist;3117308 said:

I'm 16 a Student and my interest are video games, don't generalize! A skeptic is a skeptic, if we win the Super Bowl this year he will post "can we do it next year" and if we repeat he'll say what about a three-peat. Don't try to argue, makes no sense.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3117308 said:

What does that mean? You claim it's too early to evaluate RW but he has a larger amount of games started than Miles Austin. So can you please elaborate. Either RW shouldn't be on the list or Austin shouldn't be on the list this is based on your claims of not being a premature evaluator. Either way you claim of not being a premature evaluator is foolish.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I think they do need a WR somewhere in the draft personally...I see the Colts with Wayne, Gonzales, Garcon, Collie and the Saints with there incredible group and the Vikings with Berrian, Rice, Harvin etc....combined records...32-1 and that is enough for me.

Sorry, but unless Roy Williams picks it up I don't see enough guys who get open consistently enough to make me think the Cowboys have enough receivers especially since this OC is pass happy and the O-line is not nearly disciplined enough to sustain run-oriented drives without killing them with penalties.