Why does Jerry Jones just keep sitting back taking it from Goodell and Mara?

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I have ask forum members this before. take a look at this BS the last few years.
10 million dollar cap hit for nothing. there was no cap that year. and Mara said Jerry was lucky he did not lose draft picks.
And now the Greg Hardy 10 games suspension today. 10 games! are you kidding me? Goodell's bias for the New York teams is clear. you think Hardy would have got 10 games if the Giants had got him ?
And the Dez catch overturn, which has been defended by the NFL to this day.
I think it's clear cowboys fans. Roger Goodell is anti-cowboys. and my question is WHY DOES JERRY KEEP TAKING THIS BS FROM GOODELL AND MARA. just look at his statement after the BS Goodell and Mara pulled today.
Jerry's Statement
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This suspension is something that we anticipated prior to Greg’s signing, and we respect the Commissioner’s ruling,” the statement reads. “Our organization understands the very serious nature of this matter. We will use our resources — work closely with Greg and with the league — to ensure a positive outcome..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I did not expect him to come out and blast Goodell. but it would have been better to say no comment. and make it clear that he did not agree with this decision. the idea that Jerry said he respects this BS decision does not sit right with me.Goodell went to far yet again. just like he did with the 10 Million dollar cap hit. and as long as Jerry won't throw a fit about these things. the screw jobs will keep coming. some where in NY city Goodell and Mara are smiling. they just love sticking it to the cowboys.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Jerry has to tread lightly .. He says anything that remotely suggests he thinks the suspension length is unfair then he looks like he condones domestic violence .. Whether what Hardy did or didn't do is accurate the court of public perception has him guilty and signing him was enough of a risk .. Coming out and chastising the NFL suspension length would send the wrong message .. Jerry needs to remain on the side of we need to work with Hardy and make sure he doesn't do anything like this ever .. We agree with everything the NFL is doing and when the suspension is reduced still not gloat or celebrate yet stay even keeled and focus on how horrible domestic violence is .. Even if he high fives in the background

links18

Reaction score
The Cowboys are already on shaky PR ground having signed a guy most people think is a violent domestic abuser. The best Jerry can do is show contrition, imply that he and the organization take domestic abuse allegations seriously and let the NFLPA do the dirty work.....

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Jerry wants to host another Super Bowl. Therefore he has to play nice.

That was the excuse people used when he did not fight the 10 million dollar cap hit. how did that work out for him? they gave the Super Bowl to another city anyway. it's time to put up the AL Davis kind of fight. i am sick and tired of Goodell and Mara BS against the cowboys.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
Conspiracy theories.

Goodell is getting tough to save his job....decisions are about making the NFL money or him looking good - the league's interests are 3rd.

Goodell is going to cross with the team with the biggest fan base? :D

Even with the Saints he was Dr Jekyll during Katrina, then Mr Hyde in BountyGate....whichever way the wind of public opinion blows at the moment.

superonyx

Reaction score
I get all the reasons why Jerry doesn't want to say anything. However his statement about respecting the decision is a flat out lie. While I get it I also can't help but lose a little respect for Jerry for getting bent over time and time again by Goodell....

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Conspiracy theories.

Goodell is getting tough to save his job....decisions are about making the NFL money or him looking good - the league's interests are 3rd.

Goodell is going to cross with the team with the biggest fan base? :D

Even with the Saints he was Dr Jekyll during Katrina, then Mr Hyde in BountyGate....whichever way the wind of public opinion blows at the moment.

Stop it. Goodell does not give a crap about the cowboys fan base. and he keeps proving it at every turn. how about that 10 million dollar cap hit that hurt this franchise? how about the Dez catch overturn that they are still trying to defend. then Hardy today. the screw jobs just keep coming. so don't give me this the NFL wants the cowboys to win stuff. the cowboys have 2 playoffs wins in 20 years. the facts don't lie.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I get all the reasons why Jerry doesn't want to say anything. However his statement about respecting the decision is a flat out lie. While I get it I also can't help but lose a little respect for Jerry for getting bent over time and time again by Goodell....

You are right on the money with your post. enough is enough. at some point you have to say ENOUGH! and Jerry seems to just keep sitting back taking it. it'e really sad.

thisiscowboyscountry

Reaction score
I dont doubt there may have been a lesser suspension if he signed with a different team and it is a little suspicious his suspension ends after playing the Giants. However, he did what he did we knew a lengthy suspension was possible so we just have to move forward.

Bigdog

Reaction score
It is amazing that the only two other teams who did not benefit from the uncap year and what the Cowboys and Commanders did ( still say that was just smart business on Snyder and Jones part) were the teams that had some beef with the NFL-the Saints and Raiders. Coincidence, maybe not, but sure does make with some conspiracy theories.

VACowboy

Reaction score
If you're talking about Hardy's suspension, he got 10 games as a Cowboy because Jerry signed him. He may or may not have received a lighter punishment as a member of another team, but we'll never know because most of them wouldn't touch the guy with a 10-foot pole. This doesn't make those teams morally superior to the Cowboys, either, just smart enough not to bet their sack totals on a guy with an unknown suspension hanging over his head.

slomoxn

Reaction score
Jerry has to tread lightly .. He says anything that remotely suggests he thinks the suspension length is unfair then he looks like he condones domestic violence .. Whether what Hardy did or didn't do is accurate the court of public perception has him guilty and signing him was enough of a risk .. Coming out and chastising the NFL suspension length would send the wrong message .. Jerry needs to remain on the side of we need to work with Hardy and make sure he doesn't do anything like this ever .. We agree with everything the NFL is doing and when the suspension is reduced still not gloat or celebrate yet stay even keeled and focus on how horrible domestic violence is .. Even if he high fives in the background

I kind of agree with the public opinion stuff but those pictures of him in the bathroom with those two ladies kind of make me think he really doesn't care what the public thinks.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Call it a conspiracy or whatever you want. it's just been one screw job after the other for the Dallas cowboys from Roger Goodell's NFL. at every turn he has made decisions that has hurt the cowboys chance of winning. the cap hit. the Dez catch overturn. and now the Hardy 10 game suspension. Goodell and Mara's cowboys hate has gotten out of hand.