Why does Jerry Jones just keep sitting back taking it from Goodell and Mara?

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
The Cowboys are already on shaky PR ground having signed a guy most people think is a violent domestic abuser. The best Jerry can do is show contrition, imply that he and the organization take domestic abuse allegations seriously and let the NFLPA do the dirty work.....

Agreed. Just have to ride it out. If Hardy plays up to billing when he comes back, that could be the key to what will hopefully be a strong late season AND playoff run again this season. So IF Hardy does his Kracken thing when he comes back and it puts Dallas over the top, JJ will have the last laugh.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Poor ole millionaire players. They have it hard don't they.

And, for the most part, this idea that girlfriends and wives are out to sabotage an NFL player's career is the exception - rare exception - rather than the rule. You treat a woman right, and you have a companion - not to mention a friend - for life. For the most part, it's the men who screw around with women, their bodies and their emotions who incur the wrath of women.

But most wives are not going to try to sabotage their husband's careers, particularly NFL players, in this case. If anything, they take more abuse than necessary because they value the relationship more than men. How many athletes have cheated on their wives only for the wives to forgive them?

You're trying to argue the exception rather than the rule, and society isn't buying it.
One exception is to many for any player. no man should be at the mercy of his wife or girlfriend. the idea if you treat a woman right you won't have a problem sounds good. but in the real world there are some low down wives and girlfriends. they may be the exception, but they are out there. there are women out there who will cut your throat and never blink.(ever heard of Jodi Aries?)get out of your dream world. under this new NFL BS. players jobs are at the mercy of their wife and girlfriend. if they want something like a new car, the player better say yes. if they do something wrong and you get pissed. you better not yell at them and pissed them off. they hold all the power. you seem to have a very low opinion of men. there are good men, and there are bad men. same goes for women. so get off your high horse, and out of your dream world.

Last edited:

cowboyvic

Reaction score
Agreed. Just have to ride it out. If Hardy plays up to billing when he comes back, that could be the key to what will hopefully be a strong late season AND playoff run again this season. So IF Hardy does his Kracken thing when he comes back and it puts Dallas over the top, JJ will have the last laugh.

I am so sick of hearing about this PR crap. you people have 2 playoffs wins in 20 years. and you are on here worried about PR. give me a break. nothing bothers me more than a bunch of whining about PR and what others think. the name of the game is to win. do you want to win? or do you care more about the PR BS.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
One exception is to many for any player. no man should be at the mercy of his wife or girlfriend. the idea if you treat a woman right you won't have a problem sounds good. but in the real world there are some low down wives and girlfriends. they may be the exception, but they are out there. there are women out there who will cut your throat and never blink.(ever heard of Jodi Aries?)get out of your dream world. under this new NFL BS. players jobs are at the mercy of their wife and girlfriend. if they want something like a new car, the player better say yes. if they do something wrong and you get pissed. you better not yell at them and pissed them off. they hold all the power. you seem to have a very low opinion of men. there are good men, and there are bad men. same goes for women. so get off your high horse, and out of your dream world.

I'm not in a dream world. I'm dealing in reality. How many situations do you hear of girlfriends and wives accusing their husbands of beating them simply for money?

Not many. In fact, I remember Warren Moon's case where his wife (now ex-wife) basically argued against him beating her.

You're merely creating an imagery scenario because you don't like the fact that NFL is cracking down on domestic abuse.

And if caring for the victim of domestic abuse is being on a high horse, then all I can say is, Giddy up, Cowboy! :)

cowboyvic

Reaction score
I'm not in a dream world. I'm dealing in reality. How many situations do you hear of girlfriends and wives accusing their husbands of beating them simply for money?

Not many. In fact, I remember Warren Moon's case where his wife (now ex-wife) basically argued against him beating her.

You're merely creating an imagery scenario because you don't like the fact that NFL is cracking down on domestic abuse.

And if caring for the victim of domestic abuse is being on a high horse, then all I can say is, Giddy up, Cowboy! :)

Ever hear of Ray Mcdonald? he is suing a woman right now for lying about him. and i bet people like you wanted him suspended. most all people care about victim of domestic abuse. you think i want to see a woman get beat up? no i do not. but i am sick and tired of the PC BS that has taken over this country and the NFL. men/NFL players have rights too. and they should not be at the mercy of their wives and girlfriend, because Roger Goodell screwed up the Rice Rice case. somebody has to stand up to the lynch mod. as i said. get off your high horse.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Ever hear of Ray Mcdonald? he is suing a woman right now for lying about him. and i bet people like you wanted him suspended. most all people care about victim of domestic abuse. you think i want to see a woman get beat up? no i do not. but i am sick and tired of the PC BS that has taken over this country and the NFL. men/NFL players have rights too. and they should not be at the mercy of their wives and girlfriend, because Roger Goodell screwed up the Rice Rice case. somebody has to stand up to the lynch mod. as i said. get off your high horse.

Yes, let's talk about the Ray McDonald case.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did Ray McDonald get suspended by the NFL? NO!!!
So he doesn't even fit your argument.

Second, the league didn't take any action against Ray McDonald. The 49ers did. And why did they take action against him despite his charges being dropped?

San Francisco general manager Trent Baalke said Wednesday the franchise decided to cut McDonald because of a "pattern of poor decision-making."

McDonald was previously arrested on suspicion of felony domestic violence in August, but was not charged. He also was arrested on a drunken driving charge in 2010.

"We certainly believe in due process, and have demonstrated that over time. But when it becomes a pattern of poor decision making, which it has in this case, it becomes a time that it leaves you with no other choice than the one we made today," Baalke said.

Furthermore, to my point that wives and girlfriends bend over backwards to keep their significant other/husband out of trouble, the same was done in McDonald's case.

Prosecutors in that case said their investigation determined the injuries to McDonald's finance (sic) were consistent with "restraint and the ensuing scuffle rather than attack," and cited insufficient evidence and the victim's refusal to participate in the investigation as reasons for not filing charges against McDonald.

So not only do we NOT have the league punishing McDonald, we have his fiancée refusing to participate in the investigation. Now, if you can tell me how her refusing to participate in the investigation somehow equates to wives and girlfriends generally making baseless accusations just to hurt their husbands or husbands-to-be, I'd like to hear it.

Right now, you're just mad and tossing out reactionary scenarios. And please with the PC canard. This world has ALWAYS been PC.

By the way, you might want to join me on the high horse. The air - as well as common sense and logic - is clearer up here. ;) :)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Posters with Rowdy avatars making sense. Posters with Rowdy avatars not making sense. It's a mad mad mad mad world a.k.a. CowboysZone.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
More on Ray McDonald:

He is suing a woman who claims he raped her. This woman is NOT his fiancée. Hhhmm. Just some random woman he's having sex with.

1. She aint a girlfriend.
2. She aint a fiancée.

So I guess if you're running around trying to bed every groupie, of course you're going to get someone to accuse you falsely. But is that some surprise?

You should expect someone running a Ponzi scheme or some Nigerian fraud scheme to try to bilk you out of money. You don't expect it from your accountant or your agent.

If you don't have enough sense to know the difference between the two and understand that the odds are greater that someone running a con game is trying to bilk you out of money just as some babe with a hot body but whom you don't know from Eve is trying to get into your pocket, then someone needs to educate you about the ways of the world and you need a lesson in judgment and common sense.

But this existed before the current policy. The current policy is no more going to make more girlfriends and wives make false accusations against their boyfriends/ husbands than not having the policy will lessen rich athletes being targeted by groupies.

cowboyvic

Reaction score
More on Ray McDonald:

He is suing a woman who claims he raped her. This woman is NOT his fiancée. Hhhmm. Just some random woman he's having sex with.

1. She aint a girlfriend.
2. She aint a fiancée.

So I guess if you're running around trying to bed every groupie, of course you're going to get someone to accuse you falsely. But is that some surprise?

You should expect someone running a Ponzi scheme or some Nigerian fraud scheme to try to bilk you out of money. You don't expect it from your accountant or your agent.

If you don't have enough sense to know the difference between the two and understand that the odds are greater that someone running a con game is trying to bilk you out of money just as some babe with a hot body but whom you don't know from Eve is trying to get into your pocket, then someone needs to educate you about the ways of the world and you need a lesson in judgment and common sense.

But this existed before the current policy. The current policy is no more going to make more girlfriends and wives make false accusations against their boyfriends/ husbands than not having the policy will lessen rich athletes being targeted by groupies.

Prove it. prove that players won't be at the mercy of wives and girlfriends.there are going to be disagreements between husband and wife. and between boyfriend and girlfriend. and who has the upper hand. and who has more to lose? t think we both know who. and what about couples who are breaking up for whatever reason, and are pissed at each other. you think some women could be so pissed that they could destroy that player. wake up to the reality of the real world.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score

You are living in a dream world because unless you are in a position of wealth and status (and by your obvious disdain for the "poor millionaires" I trust you are not) than you have no clue. I myself am not a "wealthy" person but I have friends that are and believe me you need to be very careful in any circumstances but if you're young and "playing the field" even more so. Not saying domestic violence isn't an issue or rich people are immune from such stupidity, but to pretend someone would not "lie" for the sole purpose of a payday is ignorant and frankly untrue.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Prove it. prove that players won't be at the mercy of wives and girlfriends.there are going to be disagreements between husband and wife. and between boyfriend and girlfriend. and who has the upper hand. and who has more to lose? t think we both know who. and what about couples who are breaking up for whatever reason, and are pissed at each other. you think some women could be so pissed that they could destroy that player. wake up to the reality of the real world.

Prove that fairies don't dance on needle heads. You see the flaw in your position?
Besides, I'm not the one saying the NFL's approach will cause more wives and girlfriends to extort their boyfriends and husbands - YOU ARE!!!!

So the burden of proof is on you.

Furthermore, I've already given you examples of how wives and girlfriends tend to act, using even your Ray McDonald example.

Yes, please join us in the real world and abandon these conspiracy scenarios. My high horse can carry more riders. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score
You are living in a dream world because unless you are in a position of wealth and status (and by your obvious disdain for the "poor millionaires" I trust you are not) than you have no clue. I myself am not a "wealthy" person but I have friends that are and believe me you need to be very careful in any circumstances but if you're young and "playing the field" even more so. Not saying domestic violence isn't an issue or rich people are immune from such stupidity, but to pretend someone would not "lie" for the sole purpose of a payday is ignorant and frankly untrue.

Not the old "I'm not wealthy but I have friends who are who can verify my claims." bahahahahahahahahahaha! :lmao2::laugh:

Secondly, please learn how to ready. Not many should have clued you into the fact I didn't rule out the possibility. But we're talking about the new policy's impact on this issue. As long as you have rich players, policy or not, you're going to get groupies going after them. But groupies aren't wives and fiancees. And of a player treats his woman right, just like most do, they don't have to worry about a woman bleeding them dry.

You only hear about these stories from a few players. I wonder why the majority get along well with their wives bit the other few can't. Hhhmm.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
I am so sick of hearing about this PR crap. you people have 2 playoffs wins in 20 years. and you are on here worried about PR. give me a break. nothing bothers me more than a bunch of whining about PR and what others think. the name of the game is to win. do you want to win? or do you care more about the PR BS.

I'm not sure how you got that from my post, so you must be having an argument with the voices in your head.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Why is Jerry sitting back and taking it from Goodell and Mara?

Because Jerry is richer than they are. Duh.