News: Why Does Tony Romo Play Through All This Pain?

Reaction score
If the defense and backup QB were capable of winning games without him I think Romo would have taken more time off, but it-is-what-it-is and he doesn't want to waste this season's promising start...

plymkr

Reaction score
Romo plays through the pain cuz he's a man's man. End of story, the man is a stud who is dedicated to his craft and becoming better. We're lucky to have him, imagine how bad the last decade would have sucked if Romo wasn't around.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
You can't ask for more in a quarterback, he's a class act that has put his body on the line time and time again.
Most players do ala Ware last year but people hated him anyways, and what you can ask is that we win in December and go to the playoffs and eventually to the Super Bowl. Moral victories mean nothing, if he can't win in the playoffs, and at least get us to a Super Bowl, he'll be forgotten, except for the hand full of Cowboy fans. And that's the truth.

Givincer

Reaction score
You know, in the Commanders game this year, I feared that was perhaps it for Romo.

I think perhaps Romo feels the same way. That is, he understands, this could all come to an end quicker than anyone wants. Maybe I was projecting my own fear onto Romo in the Commanders game, but I felt as though he didn't want to lose his opportunity to be an NFL quarterback, and would do anything he can to hold onto it while he can, even if that means playing with immense pain.

kevm3

Reaction score
Romo is extremely tough, but I hope he retires soon because he puts his body through an extreme beating. He's got two back surgeries and playing through broken ribs. Football is a great game, but all the money and accolades won't mean much if you are broken down for the rest of your life. The same thing for Witten. Extremely tough, but that extreme toughness sometimes makes them push their body further than they normally should, which can result in long-term health ramifications.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if he retires after this season.

What he's going through is no joke. He probably can't even get out of bed by himself in the morning. He's slowly getting addicted to the pain killers.

He's going to have an epiphany in the off-season and realize that his long term health is more important ... and he's going to walk away.
Don't be surprised when he doesn't, because he won't.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Don't be surprised if he retires after this season.

What he's going through is no joke. He probably can't even get out of bed by himself in the morning. He's slowly getting addicted to the pain killers.

He's going to have an epiphany in the off-season and realize that his long term health is more important ... and he's going to walk away.

Not going to happen. His back is probably close to 95% at this point and another offseason will only make it stronger. Romo has his best years ahead, IMO. Peyton Manning had much much bigger problems with the neck fusion and has been outstanding.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

Agreed.

His fractures will heal, and he'll be pain free in the off season, ready to go for camp.

His back is not unstable and should not have any significant long term deficits.

All NFL players will have arthritis and degenerative joint disease; Knee and hip replacements are commonplace. They know this, but elect to make hay while the sun shines. The sun hasn't set yet for Tony.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Tony is one tough dude and is willingness to go out and put it on the line each week shows how much he cares about winning.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score

The only way I see it having any chance of happening is if they won the Superbowl.

If he got his ring he might think about it then but that's the only way I could see it happening.