Why doesn’t Dallas do what the Rams did?

kumizi

Reaction score
Rams also acquired Brandin Cooks. He has 246 yards through two games. We have Allen Hurns.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Rams also acquired Brandin Cooks. He has 246 yards through two games. We have Allen Hurns.
why did NE let him go?? looks like they could use him? odd Big Bill and the awesome NE org let cooks go

kumizi

Reaction score
why did NE let him go?? looks like they could use him? odd Big Bill and the awesome NE org let cooks go
they seem to not want to pay a lot of good players when their contracts come due. Richard Seymour, Jaime Collins, Chandler Jones, few others. outside of Gronk and Brady, i can never make sense of who they pay and who they dont.

jrumann59

Reaction score
To the rams defense they sucked a lot.for a while. They have a ton of high picks on the team. They think they were a few key.players away from SB gold last year and really are leveraging the future and cap to win now with that group because those rookie deals are going to expire and they will not have the quality depth they have now.

kskboys

Reaction score
they seem to not want to pay a lot of good players when their contracts come due. Richard Seymour, Jaime Collins, Chandler Jones, few others. outside of Gronk and Brady, i can never make sense of who they pay and who they dont.
I think if they keep Chandler they win at least one more super bowl.

While I do understand their overall strategy, lack of a pass rush lost them the last super bowl. Foles was having a tea party back there.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
This off season, the Rams signed Suh, Marcus Peters, and Talib in free agency
Guess what? It’s working..........

It seems their roster/team building strategy is light years ahead of ours.

:dance::dance::dance:

There are NFL fans out there right now who are disappointed with their team’s start to the 2018 offseason. Whether it was talent lost, talent gained, or the contractual implications that ultimately impact the organization for this year and beyond, there is undoubtedly an entire fan base out there that is not satiated. They wanted more for, or from, their team.

But that is not the case for Los Angeles Rams’ fans, where there’s more excitement than downtime.

Players are being traded, picks are being shuffled, pro bowl players are being acquired, atrocious contracts are being discarded or reworked, and they are already on the books for compensatory picks in 2019. It seems as though every day in March a Rams’ fan could wake up and just feel the excitement.

Goodbye Robert Quinn, Alec Ogletree, and Trumaine Johnson. No love lost, and best of luck to you in your new homes. But hello Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Sam Shields, and Ndamukong Suh.

Consider it addition by subtraction. And what the Rams have added this offseason isn’t something they’re hoping to build upon for a future run deep into the postseason. It’s predicated on a Super Bowl run in 2018.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...les-rams-are-building-up-for-a-super-bowl-run

Thank you! This is what I've said on a few other threads! :hammer:

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
This off season, the Rams signed Suh, Marcus Peters, and Talib in free agency
Guess what? It’s working..........

It seems their roster/team building strategy is light years ahead of ours.

:dance::dance::dance:

There are NFL fans out there right now who are disappointed with their team’s start to the 2018 offseason. Whether it was talent lost, talent gained, or the contractual implications that ultimately impact the organization for this year and beyond, there is undoubtedly an entire fan base out there that is not satiated. They wanted more for, or from, their team.

But that is not the case for Los Angeles Rams’ fans, where there’s more excitement than downtime.

Players are being traded, picks are being shuffled, pro bowl players are being acquired, atrocious contracts are being discarded or reworked, and they are already on the books for compensatory picks in 2019. It seems as though every day in March a Rams’ fan could wake up and just feel the excitement.

Goodbye Robert Quinn, Alec Ogletree, and Trumaine Johnson. No love lost, and best of luck to you in your new homes. But hello Marcus Peters, Aqib Talib, Sam Shields, and Ndamukong Suh.

Consider it addition by subtraction. And what the Rams have added this offseason isn’t something they’re hoping to build upon for a future run deep into the postseason. It’s predicated on a Super Bowl run in 2018.

https://www.turfshowtimes.com/2018/...les-rams-are-building-up-for-a-super-bowl-run

We've said this a thousand times, but the only thing that happens in dallas is Garrett getting 5 year extensions .

waving monkey

Reaction score
Possibly. It depends on whether we sit on our laurels, or go get the difference maker we need up front on the DLine.
aren't you surprised how effective the front has been?
we allowed Barkley 28 yards rushing. I'll take that

kskboys

Reaction score
aren't you surprised how effective the front has been?
we allowed Barkley 28 yards rushing. I'll take that
I would've been had we not found Woods. We got lucky and got a decent NT that we so desperately needed, and he makes a ton of difference. And I think he's just a slightly above average NT.

Taco, Tyrone, and Dorrance are part of a great rotation, but I'm thinking we need one more game changer in the mix.