Why Don't Our Fans Boo?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
As someone who lives in the northeast where sports fans are more passionate and people are generally speaking more intense (for better or for worse), can someone from the Dallas or Texas area explain to me why on earth our fans just sit there like lumps and don't boo when the team has these humiliating yet predictable implosions? Is it a cultural thing? Everything about this team is fat, dumb and happy and if we are going to take a hard look in the mirror the "thank you sir may I have another" attitude of this fan base isn't helping matters. Jerry needs to be embarrassed if he's ever going to change anything and I think a nationally televised public display of fan disapproval is the only thing that might register.

DZSierra

Reaction score
As someone who lives in the northeast where sports fans are more passionate and people are generally speaking more intense (for better or for worse), can someone from the Dallas or Texas area explain to me why on earth our fans just sit there like lumps and don't boo when the team has these humiliating yet predictable implosions? Is it a cultural thing? Everything about this team is fat, dumb and happy and if we are going to take a hard look in the mirror the "thank you sir may I have another" attitude of this fan base isn't helping matters. Jerry needs to be embarrassed if he's ever going to change anything and I think a nationally televised public display of fan disapproval is the only thing that might register.
Amen brother.

I was watching the game last night in the third quarter thinking to myself if this was in Philly or NY, you could run a potential risk of a riot with fans burning the stadium down LOL (perhaps not that far, but man, would you hear it from the seats).

Waching the dallas fans at the stadium last night, it was just a sorry look on their faces not screaming, booing or really doing anything.

Having lived in NC for the last 20 years, sooner or later they (Cowboys) may become more like the Panthers. You end up getting more fans in the seats for the away team than you do for the home team.

Perhaps being the richest NFL team in the league is a curse for the fans vs a blessing.

foofighters

Reaction score
Because the local fans haven’t even figured out to shut up when the offense is out there. I would bet there’s more of a corporate type atmosphere there than anything else.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Amen brother.

I was watching the game last night in the third quarter thinking to myself if this was in Philly or NY, you could run a potential risk of a riot with fans burning the stadium down LOL (perhaps not that far, but man, would you hear it from the seats).

Waching the dallas fans at the stadium last night, it was just a sorry look on their faces not screaming, booing or really doing anything.

Having lived in NC for the last 20 years, sooner or later they (Cowboys) may become more like the Panthers. You end up getting more fans in the seats for the away team than you do for the home team.

Perhaps being the richest NFL team in the league is a curse for the fans vs a blessing.
This fan base desperately needs a little bit of that Philly/NY attitude.

starfan1

Reaction score
As sad as it is I went to more cowboy games when I lived in Illinois . Saw them in Indy and St. Louis and even drove down here to dfw to see them twice.

Now I live less than an hour from stadium and haven’t been since I moved here

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
With that corporate, white collar crowd that’s what you’re going to get, they should have built that stadium in South Dallas and made the tickets $25 a bucks a piece, first come, first serve take any seat you want and you would get a much different attitude from the home crowd

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Booing is great, if you're a ghost. A billionaire is not afraid of no ghost.

John813

Reaction score
Maybe the fans that go to playoff games are masochist and have a fetish of watching postseason choking?

Motorola

Reaction score
My thinking is that since it was a playoff game, most fans there were clinging the hope that the team would get it gear in the 2nd half and make a rousing comeback to win (and booing would hinder that mojo).

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
With that corporate, white collar crowd that’s what you’re going to get, they should have built that stadium in South Dallas and made the tickets $25 a bucks a piece, first come, first serve take any seat you want and you would get a much different attitude from the home crowd
Wine and cheese crowd for sure.

If you want to attend a Cowboys game and enjoy it with fellow raucous Cowboy fans, attend an away game. Thats been my experience.

Acheman08

Reaction score
Listen, I noticed this as a kid in the late 70s and early 80s, growing up in PA around Eagles fans. Cowboys fans are way too polite at the games and always have been. Ive only been to a couple of games down in Dallas, and Im not sure if there is something in the water up here but, i was close to using the Patriots fans sitting in front of me at the game to score 3 points. All the local cowboys fans sitting around me were way too docile. Im not saying get into fist fights, but make some noise.