Why Don't Our Fans Boo?

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
As sad as it is I went to more cowboy games when I lived in Illinois . Saw them in Indy and St. Louis and even drove down here to dfw to see them twice.

Now I live less than an hour from stadium and haven’t been since I moved here
I live less than 20 minutes from Jerry World and I will never go to another game. Why? Jerry......

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Listen, I noticed this as a kid in the late 70s and early 80s, growing up in PA around Eagles fans. Cowboys fans are way too polite at the games and always have been. Ive only been to a couple of games down in Dallas, and Im not sure if there is something in the water up here but, i was close to using the Patriots fans sitting in front of me at the game to score 3 points. All the local cowboys fans sitting around me were way too docile. Im not saying get into fist fights, but make some noise.
Southern hospitality is a real thing- If I had to go take a hill I would want a bunch of Texans/southerners but if I wanted to make away fans feel uncomfortable and boo the home team if needed, I would go to the Northeast for sure.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Hasn’t really helped the Giants or Jets this past decade.
True but a decade is a whole different animal than 30 years. Plus the Cowboys problem is different...it's complacency, laziness, BS, fluff w/o substance. This whole thing needs a mega dose of accountability and the fans could play a small part in that if they were willing to.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
As someone who lives in the northeast where sports fans are more passionate and people are generally speaking more intense (for better or for worse), can someone from the Dallas or Texas area explain to me why on earth our fans just sit there like lumps and don't boo when the team has these humiliating yet predictable implosions? Is it a cultural thing? Everything about this team is fat, dumb and happy and if we are going to take a hard look in the mirror the "thank you sir may I have another" attitude of this fan base isn't helping matters. Jerry needs to be embarrassed if he's ever going to change anything and I think a nationally televised public display of fan disapproval is the only thing that might register.
The home fans should wear bags over their heads.

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Southern hospitality is a real thing- If I had to go take a hill I would want a bunch of Texans/southerners but if I wanted to make away fans feel uncomfortable and boo the home team if needed, I would go to the Northeast for sure.
I've never spent time in the south really. So it's a politeness type of thing that gets in the way of booing?

b0xZZ

Reaction score
If I would have wasted the money it took to attend that game I'd damn sure boo. Dallas fans have never been rowdy though. It's a country club atmosphere.

Surfguy

Reaction score
Jerry put something in the beverages to keep fans calm so they would passively accept that they were watching the worst cowboys football ever in the playoffs.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
If you're sitting in a seat, JJ doesn't really care if your cheering or booing. He knows that come next year, that same seat will be filled with someone either cheering or booing.

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
We are broken man.. we’ve seen the ending to this movie too many times.

HeavyBarrel

Reaction score
Another thing to understand, half of the DFW metro area are people from out of state, so when you see a bunch of Bears or Packers fans at AT&T Stadium it's not that those fans "travel well" it's Bears and Packers fans that live in DFW