Video: Why don't they hate us?

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
Have you ever been around Pats fans? They are BY FAR the worst. When we played them last year, they made eagles fans seem pretty cool.

Saw many of them show their true colors by trashing Mortensen on the web after the HOF induction for reporting on Deflategate... even though they knew he was seriously (probably terminally) ill. Didn't matter to them he was sick. Their beloved Pats had been impugned! Really pissed me off.

erod

Reaction score
That's just Philly. It's a cesspool of humanity. It's like Afghanistan without the charm.

Big D

Reaction score
We should send them some money. How pissed do you think the eagles fan base would be to find out it was Cowboys fans that funded this?
We should buy the rights and own it like the Hail to the Commanders theme!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
I live in a philly market...
This is accurate a funny. I would like to watch it.

You should see how the philly fans react when we beat them. They all turn their hatred inward and the entire fan base becomes depressed and angry towards their own team. It's awesome...

What a title..."Why don't they hate us?" Haha.

I love talking to my eagles fans friends and I ask them what they hate about Romo and Witten..and even Dez..it usually ends with them saying they hate them only because they don't play for the Eagles.

In order to hate someone... you must first respect them...
-RM Nixon

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
How pitiful. I couldn't even watch the whole thing. Eagles fans are even more pathetic than I imagined. That was sad how they branded themselves as "authentic" for cheering Michael Irvin's career-ending injury. Remember, at the time the main worry wasn't about it potentially ending his career, it was about whether or not he would even walk again. What kind of hapless, miserable souls glorify that ****?

It makes our two-decade championship drought seem not so bad. They've never had a Super Bowl championship and their team's entire identity is based on hating another team. I'm glad that's not our identity. Our identity is our 5 championships. It's been a while, but we've got them. We've got some talented players, a great facility, and at least a chance at another championship, so life's good. Even back in the 70s when we had the super-heated rivalry with Washington, that was never our identity.

Eagles fans seem like these pathetic little sad sacks with no life and nothing to get happy about other than what their championshipless little team is doing. I used to think McNabb puked during the Super Bowl due to fatigue. Now I realize he must have been thinking about their fans.

Did
I watched the video finally and I have to say

A. I applaud this. This looks like a great time if you are the guys making this.
B. I love the rivalries of the NFC East and if this keeps them going I am OK with that.

Also I would love to do something like this. I don't know what the angle would be, I would love to be able to make the official Tony Romo documentary showing where he came from and everything he stands for. I would also love to make the 30 for 30 for Romo-Witten when the time comes that they are both retired.

I also thought a great series would be a season with Brad, Babe and Kristie and what they do before, during and after the season. How they prepare, what its like in the booth, at the press conferences, traveling with the team...Kind of like a hard knocks from a different perspective.

anyway, this looks like a lot of fun for those guys that are making this. I don't know how you get approval of the actual nfl images though I think the league is really protective of anyone using actual game footage. I also don't think 100k would be enough to license the music and other assorted things they would need to do at the level of the trailer they made which was excellent in my opinion.

For years I wanted to make a cowboys-giants rivalry video going over all the trash talking and the giants winning the playoff game etc....its a great story. Just can't put the the time into if there is no money it at this point! I had all the assets ready to go and started it back in 2012 then realized to make it good it would take me months if not longer.

I'm in the business Theebs and trust me - there is no money in it and it's tough sledding. Docs have to be labors of love that take a long time and you really have to find the right investor to do it. I'm currently helping write a documentary on the 50th anniversary of the Beach Boys and their iconic album Pet Sounds. It'll take a year and it's financed by a billionaire out of Dallas (who is best friends with Tony) and he'll never miss a dime. The director/producer is a friend of mine (also a lifelong Cowboy fan from Louisville) and lives in LA and as he says, it's a good thing he's married because you can barely make enough money to live out there and do these kind of things.

What this guy does is what everybody does. You work on a show, make some connections with like-minded people and real pros who know camera, audio, post production and when you are on hiatus, puruse your passion projects. Very seldom do you do shoot the whole thing at once. It's a lot of stop and go.

BTW - I love all your project ideas. I would watch them all as I'm sure we all would.

I always thought a documentary on violence at NFL stadiums would be a good project. Get some small body cameras, go undercover and expose some of the things that go on in the stadiums and in the parking lots afterwards. I was at the Buffalo Monday Night game that Nick Folk kicked the 50 yarder (twice) to win. After the game we had a cop beg us to take our gear off walking to our cars. He said it was crazy out there and I thought, wow - people know this happens, yet the NFL talks about fan safety and it's a joke.

You would get a ton of press on it's release and I believe you would force the NFL's hand on some things, which is rare.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Did

I'm in the business Theebs and trust me - there is no money in it and it's tough sledding. Docs have to be labors of love that take a long time and you really have to find the right investor to do it. I'm currently helping write a documentary on the 50th anniversary of the Beach Boys and their iconic album Pet Sounds. It'll take a year and it's financed by a billionaire out of Dallas (who is best friends with Tony) and he'll never miss a dime. The director/producer is a friend of mine (also a lifelong Cowboy fan from Louisville) and lives in LA and as he says, it's a good thing he's married because you can barely make enough money to live out there and do these kind of things.

What this guy does is what everybody does. You work on a show, make some connections with like-minded people and real pros who know camera, audio, post production and when you are on hiatus, puruse your passion projects. Very seldom do you do shoot the whole thing at once. It's a lot of stop and go.

BTW - I love all your project ideas. I would watch them all as I'm sure we all would.

I always thought a documentary on violence at NFL stadiums would be a good project. Get some small body cameras, go undercover and expose some of the things that go on in the stadiums and in the parking lots afterwards. I was at the Buffalo Monday Night game that Nick Folk kicked the 50 yarder (twice) to win. After the game we had a cop beg us to take our gear off walking to our cars. He said it was crazy out there and I thought, wow - people know this happens, yet the NFL talks about fan safety and it's a joke.

You would get a ton of press on it's release and I believe you would force the NFL's hand on some things, which is rare.

So you are writing a doc on the Pet Sounds 50th? That is one of my favorite albums. I have it in every possible format! I just bought the AP reissue in mono and stereo!

If you guys need help editing let me know! I am an editor and have everything set at my house to work out of.

And yes I know most docs are a labor of love and impossible to get funded unfortunately.

BTW I loved Love & Mercy. Saw it twice in the theater then bought the blu ray! Brian Wilson's story is one of the greatest/most tragic in the history of music.

Vero_F250

Reaction score
I'm not judging...but if you wanna make a documentary that's suppose to be bad a** and drive some motivation into fellow fans...try using someone with a voice that doesn't sound like he just sucked on a...helium balloon. Lol.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
So you are writing a doc on the Pet Sounds 50th? That is one of my favorite albums. I have it in every possible format! I just bought the AP reissue in mono and stereo!

If you guys need help editing let me know! I am an editor and have everything set at my house to work out of.

And yes I know most docs are a labor of love and impossible to get funded unfortunately.

BTW I loved Love & Mercy. Saw it twice in the theater then bought the blu ray! Brian Wilson's story is one of the greatest/most tragic in the history of music.

Yep it's all about the 50th. We shot the band at the Hollywood Bowl a few weeks ago and did some Brian Wilson interviews last week in and around Hollywood and at some recording studios. We'll take the next two months off and shoot interviews with people like Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift, etc, who credit the Beach Boys as inspirations. Then I'll write around the interviews and the footage.

I appreciate your offer, but we have a post house in LA that's doing it. However...if something comes up in the future I will let you know. If somebody has the skillset, I always try to defer work to Cowboy fans.

I'll also let you know when it's completed and I'll make sure you get a copy before it's released. I'm guessing spring of 2017.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Yep it's all about the 50th. We shot the band at the Hollywood Bowl a few weeks ago and did some Brian Wilson interviews last week in and around Hollywood and at some recording studios. We'll take the next two months off and shoot interviews with people like Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift, etc, who credit the Beach Boys as inspirations. Then I'll write around the interviews and the footage.

I appreciate your offer, but we have a post house in LA that's doing it. However...if something comes up in the future I will let you know. If somebody has the skillset, I always try to defer work to Cowboy fans.

I'll also let you know when it's completed and I'll make sure you get a copy before it's released. I'm guessing spring of 2017.

great man. good luck with it.

Reaction score
Personally, I don't hate the eagles organization, I hate thier fans. The most obnoxious, self-righteous, indignant fans in the NFL (besides Steelers fans). I love that every organizations fans hate the cowboys, means were doing something right.

Or that as a whole, you guys are the most obnoxious group to walk the earth, who hang onto the glory days of decades past and like to keep regurgitating that like the past 20 years haven't existed.. :):)
Not saying all cowboy fans are toolbags, but the majority of them around here have NBD syndrome, and are the absolute worst tools you could imagine. And if you ask them anything football related the answer is Tony Romo, or Dez Bryant.

On a serious note, like it or not you guys have the most divisive team in the league. The amount of hype and media attention given to a perennial under performer does not match the output, I think that's why so many have an extra grudge about the cowboys, we're absolutely sick of hearing about them.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Or that as a whole, you guys are the most obnoxious group to walk the earth, who hang onto the glory days of decades past and like to keep regurgitating that like the past 20 years haven't existed.. :):)
Not saying all cowboy fans are toolbags, but the majority of them around here have NBD syndrome, and are the absolute worst tools you could imagine. And if you ask them anything football related the answer is Tony Romo, or Dez Bryant.

On a serious note, like it or not you guys have the most divisive team in the league. The amount of hype and media attention given to a perennial under performer does not match the output, I think that's why so many have an extra grudge about the cowboys, we're absolutely sick of hearing about them.

Your beef should be with espn and other national outlets not cowboys fans.

Most of us Don't want the coverage we get, don't want the attention, don't self promote, are not stuck in the past or obsessed with the past, are not braggarts or front runners.

Most of us are just football fans and Dallas happens to be our team. I sit in the stadium every week and talk to a guy in his mid 70's who flies up for each game from san antonio because he loves football and loves the cowboys. Our conversations have nothing to do with the past or hype or whatever. This is usually the case with the people i interact with at the stadium.

The cowboys are used for ratings by espn and others to incite guys like you, you keep watching because it gets you all upset. Most of us can't stand the coverage and do not watch it.

this notion that cowboys fans are not football intelligent is also nonsense. You may have some stereotype that you cling to but it doesn't apply to us. For instance last week at the game I had a group of 6 people sitting behind me most were dolphins fans but two guys were skins fans and they were goofing on the guys sitting next to me. They were talking about quarterbacks and one of the guys said he thinks RG3 will be the starter by mid season because he didn't think cousins was very good....gulp. I think that guy is an idiot but I don't judge all skins by him.

Reaction score
Your beef should be with espn and other national outlets not cowboys fans.

Most of us Don't want the coverage we get, don't want the attention, don't self promote, are not stuck in the past or obsessed with the past, are not braggarts or front runners.

Most of us are just football fans and Dallas happens to be our team. I sit in the stadium every week and talk to a guy in his mid 70's who flies up for each game from san antonio because he loves football and loves the cowboys. Our conversations have nothing to do with the past or hype or whatever. This is usually the case with the people i interact with at the stadium.

The cowboys are used for ratings by espn and others to incite guys like you, you keep watching because it gets you all upset. Most of us can't stand the coverage and do not watch it.

this notion that cowboys fans are not football intelligent is also nonsense. You may have some stereotype that you cling to but it doesn't apply to us. For instance last week at the game I had a group of 6 people sitting behind me most were dolphins fans but two guys were skins fans and they were goofing on the guys sitting next to me. They were talking about quarterbacks and one of the guys said he thinks RG3 will be the starter by mid season because he didn't think cousins was very good....gulp. I think that guy is an idiot but I don't judge all skins by him.

easy there cowboy, I didn't say ALL fans were like that. I said the ones I know of around here, as in the DC area... they are complete tools.
and to be honest, most of the Commander fans around here are the most pc bunch of sissified people I've ever met. So don't feel bad, I dislike them too :)