Why don't they just sign Dak already?

doomsday9084

Reaction score
What are you talking about?

We went 8-8 with a superior team and lost the division to the Eagles B team.

We had several games where the offense completely didnt show up or didn't wake up until the 4th quarter.

IMO, if you constantly take games down to the last minute with a defense playing prevent, you are turning the game into a coin flip. When the QB invariably makes a mistake, its on the QB "choking" while no one pays attention to the defense being completely unable to get a stop. Regardless, the team didn't win anything with Romo on a big contract and they won't win anything with Dak on one. I'm not sure why the fanbase has to be Romo people versus Dak people.

Side note: Dak didn't just choke against the Eagles, Patriots, Saints, etc. He dropped an egg in those games. Those weren't shootouts that turned on a single mistake. Those were butt kickings.

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
They never had to match.. Cooper was bluffing about leaving Dallas and wanted to use other teams to help drive up his price..

Nonsense. In negotiations, you never know what the other side will do, period. Not matching was a huge risk.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak isn't worth the coin! He's been up down and all around and with all those passing yards this past season why didn't his peers award him with a PRO BOWL SEASON? Because the dude was an 8-8 QB playing behind a PRO BOWL LINE with a great core of receivers and TEs that Brady would of killed for! Dak couldn't pull down the Jets or the AAA Eagles when the Boys needed him most! Yeah 8-8 doesn't get it in my book and neither does a contract that ends up being worth more than $33 mill a year.

Because there are only so many spots on a pro bowl team, and it is a good ole' boys club type thing. And who cares about it anyway.
And the coaching is why the team was 8-8, not all on Dak. Why not rag on DLaw for having a sucking butt season?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
:clap:
IMO, if you constantly take games down to the last minute with a defense playing prevent, you are turning the game into a coin flip. When the QB invariably makes a mistake, its on the QB "choking" while no one pays attention to the defense being completely unable to get a stop. Regardless, the team didn't win anything with Romo on a big contract and they won't win anything with Dak on one. I'm not sure why the fanbase has to be Romo people versus Dak people.

Side note: Dak didn't just choke against the Eagles, Patriots, Saints, etc. He dropped an egg in those games. Those weren't shootouts that turned on a single mistake. Those were butt kickings.

Well.. Reality did a fan poll on here and the board was actually in favor of letting Dak walk.

I gotta applaud Cowboyszone for that.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nonsense. In negotiations, you never know what the other side will do, period. Not matching was a huge risk.

He literally didn’t leave for more money.

Like I said.. They never had to match and he used other teams to get more money from Dallas.

HungryLion

Reaction score
If it’s set in stone that the cowboys are going to overpay Dak and screw the franchise for years to come, why are some people still crying about it?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:clap:

Well.. Reality did a fan poll on here and the board was actually in favor of letting Dak walk.

I gotta applaud Cowboyszone for that.

Does the poll mean or prove anything? No it doesn't, all it shows is there are more negative fans about Dak than there are positive fans. But we didn't need a poll to tell us that. Each has their opinions.
I am still on the fence about him. I was giving him last year to see, and came away more to yes than no, because of the lame coaching staff. Maybe let him play this year on the tag, and see what happens.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Does the poll mean or prove anything? No it doesn't, all it shows is there are more negative fans about Dak than there are positive fans. But we didn't need a poll to tell us that. Each has their opinions.
I am still on the fence about him. I was giving him last year to see, and came away more to yes than no, because of the lame coaching staff. Maybe let him play this year on the tag, and see what happens.

WE really need to turn the offense into the 49ers.

Zeke is our best player. I hate that our best player is a knucklehead runningback munchkin but it is what it is..

If we can somehow play great defense (I doubt it) and run the ball like San Fran then I think we have a chance.

If our coordinator will get Dak out of the pocket that would help too.. The more bootlegs and waggles the better.

Be like Shannahan. He's the best offensive coach in this league right now for a normal NFL team like we have.

If you have an elite QB then i'd go with a guy like Andy Reid.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
apparently Dak wants only a 4 year deal but Dallas wants to spread out the cap hit to a 5th year. That's the sticking point. Seems chicken **** to me. JUST SIGN HIM ALREADY. Plus, I think they need to up their offer per year. We are playing with fire letting him twist in the wind. Under the tag, come weds, its very possible we field offers for him from the top 3 teams in the draft. If Cincy calls us, would we listen? I think I would. It would need to be a crazy good haul/offer for me to trade Dak.

Where is the info coming from on Dak's position on the contract?

I hope we get a lot of offers for him. I'm willing to take the highest bidder and move on if it comes to that.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
WE really need to turn the offense into the 49ers.

Zeke is our best player. I hate that our best player is a knucklehead runningback munchkin but it is what it is..

If we can somehow play great defense (I doubt it) and run the ball like San Fran then I think we have a chance.

If our coordinator will get Dak out of the pocket that would help too.. The more bootlegs and waggles the better.

Be like Shannahan. He's the best offensive coach in this league right now for a normal NFL team like we have.

If you have an elite QB then i'd go with a guy like Andy Reid.

Dak is better rolling out at times, I never understand why they didn't do it more often. And it wasn't the defense dictating them from doing it. When ever something seemed to work, they never went back to it. That is on the coaching staff. Was it Moore, was it Garrett, not sure.

And they need to get this defense fixed, which will help the offense. I am tired of them starting just about every drive inside their own 20.
It will not be fixed this year to what we fans want, which is a Ravens / 49ers type defense.

Dak is not elite, but he is not horrible either. Let him play under the tag if it doesn't hurt what they want to do in FA with their own players as well as others.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Where is the info coming from on Dak's position on the contract?

I hope we get a lot of offers for him. I'm willing to take the highest bidder and move on if it comes to that.
I'm with you Poppy. Never thought this kind of ugliness would come out of Dak. He's going to hold out like Zeke did. Just you wait. He'll have a noose around Jerry. What a mess. They should have signed him a couple years ago as the Egals did with Wentzie.

Dak knows he'll get what he wants because there is no other decent Quarterback that will be available. Should have just signed Brees and wave bye bye to Prescott!

Kaiser

Reaction score
He literally didn’t leave for more money.

Like I said.. They never had to match and he used other teams to get more money from Dallas.

He didn't go to a horrible team for slightly more money. That doesn't mean he wouldn't have gone to a good team for significantly more money.

No one say the lunacy of the Byron Jones offer coming, you can't say for certain Cooper wouldn't get a similar offer from a good team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He didn't go to a horrible team for slightly more money. That doesn't mean he wouldn't have gone to a good team for significantly more money.

No one say the lunacy of the Byron Jones offer coming, you can't say for certain Cooper wouldn't get a similar offer from a good team.

I predicted about 4 months ago Byron would be the highest paid corner in football.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he played at an all pro level he would be signed and we would have had some playoff success.

Instead you're asking us to applaud signing the 10th-15th best QB for top 2 money with 1 playoff win in 4 years.

Signing Dak to a big contract makes it more difficult for us to win a Superbowl.

Do the Cowboys strike you as a franchise that will be active in building the roster?

They have a 8-8 recipe that they will follow.
I was responding to a post about Cooper.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Then you deserve credit, I thought it was nuts and would put a significant bet down that the contract ends up looking horrible for Miami.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut, once in a while. Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Oooh, butt kicking during a freezing and rainy/sloppy game against the Patriots where even our receivers and RB were struggling to gain any yards. Yeah, that's Dak's fault!?!?
:facepalm:
Injured both with a torn shoulder labrum and a fractured index finger...BOTH IN HIS THROWING ARM/HAND. But...but...but that's still Dak's fault!?!?

Oooh...oooh...oooh...the Saints game where our receivers were dropping passes or committing stupid penalties...and where our dumb kicker who could make 63 yarders BUT MISS 30-40 YARDERS...so we lost by 2 points. But...but...but...that's Dak's fault!?!?

One's "brilliance" really shines in these forums. :facepalm: