Why eaglet fans hate the Cowboys

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fans of the football team in the City of Brotherly Shove have hated the Cowboys for decades. Our younger fans may not know the history of the Cowboys-eaglet rivalry.

It’s start was really simple: We completely dominated and embarrassed them for the entire decade of the 70s. In fact, during the 70s, the Cowboys were 17-3 against the birds. We were 8-2 in their old nasty home stadium known as “the Vet”, and 9-1 against them in the old Texas Stadium.

Here’s a look at the overall rivalry between the two teams:
  • Cowboys have an overall 70-54 record against the eaglets
  • In the 60s, the Cowboys were 10-9 against filly.
  • In the 70s, the Cowboys dominated, with a 17-3 record
  • In the 80s, the two teams split 10-10.
  • In the 90s, Cowboys were 14-8. (Included 2 playoff games)
  • In the 2000-2009 decade- Birds held their only advantage 13-8. (Included a playoff game)
  • 2010-2019- Cowboys 11-9.
  • Since 2020, it’s 1-1.
  • We are 3-1 against the eaglets in the playoffs.
  • The only time the Eagles won a decade was from 2000-2009.
Frankly, as a Cowboys fan since 1964, the eaglets weren’t even a rival until maybe the late 80s. Most of the time in the 60s-80s, the big rival was the deadskins because they were actually decent in those years. The eaglets sucked for so long, they weren’t even a rival.

Let’s get back to dominating those dirty birds again.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Fans of the football team in the City of Brotherly Shove have hated the Cowboys for decades. Our younger fans may not know the history of the Cowboys-eaglet rivalry.

It’s start was really simple: We completely dominated and embarrassed them for the entire decade of the 70s. In fact, during the 70s, the Cowboys were 17-3 against the birds. We were 8-2 in their old nasty home stadium known as “the Vet”, and 9-1 against them in the old Texas Stadium.

• In the 2000-2009 decade- Birds held their only advantage 13-8. (Included a playoff game)
  • Since 2020, it’s 1-1.
Frankly, as a Cowboys fan since 1964, the eaglets weren’t even a rival until maybe the late 80s. Most of the time in the 60s-80s, the big rival was the deadskins because they were actually decent in those years. The eaglets sucked for so long, they weren’t even a rival.

The only time I've ever seen the home team applaud for an opposing teams injury was the Eagles when Irvin went down.

foofighters

Reaction score

• Since 2020, it’s 1-1.

Because they are the most disgusting fans in all of the world of all time for any era and they have to take their misery out on something...

Reid1boys

Reaction score

• Since 2020, it’s 1-1.

I appreciate your well thought out posts. Good job.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
But even as a kid it stuck in my mind how brutal those games were. I mean it was a blood bath in the 70's & 80's. Like a little brother knowing he can't "win" the fight but determined to inflict as much damage as possible.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But even as a kid it stuck in my mind how brutal those games were. I mean it was a blood bath in the 70's & 80's. Like a little brother knowing he can't "win" the fight but determined to inflict as much damage as possible.
That old Vet stadium artificial turf was famous for being extremely hard with lots of seams that caused knee injuries. Michael Irvin’s career ended on that parking lot of a field.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Never forget
AL32PCIH5QLZGSQERL6QHAWULY.jpg

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
Ok I was in early high school so my memory is fuzzy. But was it Erik Williams or Larry Allen That hit their pass rusher so hard that it injured both of the guys knees. I believe that it happened at the vet.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok I was in early high school so my memory is fuzzy. But was it Erik Williams or Larry Allen That hit their pass rusher so hard that it injured both of the guys knees. I believe that it happened at the vet.

It happened in SF but do not remember it happening to an Eagles players. It was Erik Williams. He had a club move in blocking. Outlawed for sure now I believe.

Mountaineerfan

Reaction score
It happened in SF but do not remember it happening to an Eagles players. It was Erik Williams. He had a club move in blocking. Outlawed for sure now I believe.
I was like 12-14 years old I knew I couldn't remember it correctly I was thinking it was Joyner. Thanks for helping me out there.