Why eaglet fans hate the Cowboys

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was like 12-14 years old I knew I couldn't remember it correctly I was thinking it was Joyner. Thanks for helping me out there.

Maybe Joyner was hurt on a play, as Allen could have been on that, but it could have been just a normal play also. I do recall Joyner getting hurt at one time now that you mention his name. But I do not remember it much or how serious. Or even if against Dallas.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Iggles fans hate the Cowboys because they are conditioned to do so from the moment they are hatched. It's as if they are issued a hate list in kindergarten and brainwashed to be beholden to that list. To date, we know the Cowboys are at the top of that list but then are the other NFCE teams in no particular order and Santa Claus.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Fans of the football team in the City of Brotherly Shove have hated the Cowboys for decades. Our younger fans may not know the history of the Cowboys-eaglet rivalry.

It’s start was really simple: We completely dominated and embarrassed them for the entire decade of the 70s. In fact, during the 70s, the Cowboys were 17-3 against the birds. We were 8-2 in their old nasty home stadium known as “the Vet”, and 9-1 against them in the old Texas Stadium.

Here’s a look at the overall rivalry between the two teams:
  • Cowboys have an overall 70-54 record against the eaglets
  • In the 60s, the Cowboys were 10-9 against filly.
  • In the 70s, the Cowboys dominated, with a 17-3 record
  • In the 80s, the two teams split 10-10.
  • In the 90s, Cowboys were 14-8. (Included 2 playoff games)
  • In the 2000-2009 decade- Birds held their only advantage 13-8. (Included a playoff game)
  • 2010-2019- Cowboys 11-9.
  • Since 2020, it’s 1-1.
  • We are 3-1 against the eaglets in the playoffs.
  • The only time the Eagles won a decade was from 2000-2009.
Frankly, as a Cowboys fan since 1964, the eaglets weren’t even a rival until maybe the late 80s. Most of the time in the 60s-80s, the big rival was the deadskins because they were actually decent in those years. The eaglets sucked for so long, they weren’t even a rival.

Let’s get back to dominating those dirty birds again.
Loved this write up!
Beat the egirls!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That old Vet stadium artificial turf was famous for being extremely hard with lots of seams that caused knee injuries. Michael Irvin’s career ended on that parking lot of a field.
Ask Wendell Davis about that stadium field. Worst injury I've ever seen.

He went up for a ball, caught it and when he came down both feet landed in one of the seams on the field and both knees bent backwards and his career was over. Both kneecaps were halfway up his thighs, it was hard to watch. The next week on the pregame, they do a close up of that turf and that seam much to the chagrin of the City as a lawsuit from Davis and his wife would be forthcoming.

We knew people from our time in Baton Rouge that knew them and they said when that piece was aired in pregame, the Davis' had to get an unlisted number from all the attorney calls.

The field was the hands down voted worst field in the NFL every year until they decided to blow it up. Whoever designed that should have been put in the Vet jail.

ESisback

Reaction score
Fans of the football team in the City of Brotherly Shove have hated the Cowboys for decades. Our younger fans may not know the history of the Cowboys-eaglet rivalry.

It’s start was really simple: We completely dominated and embarrassed them for the entire decade of the 70s. In fact, during the 70s, the Cowboys were 17-3 against the birds. We were 8-2 in their old nasty home stadium known as “the Vet”, and 9-1 against them in the old Texas Stadium.

• In the 2000-2009 decade- Birds held their only advantage 13-8. (Included a playoff game)
  • Since 2020, it’s 1-1.
Frankly, as a Cowboys fan since 1964, the eaglets weren’t even a rival until maybe the late 80s. Most of the time in the 60s-80s, the big rival was the deadskins because they were actually decent in those years. The eaglets sucked for so long, they weren’t even a rival.

My brother described a scene from a men’s room in The Vet:

A man dressed in Cowboy garb in a fetal position on the floor. A group of Eagle fans surrounded him, cursing, spitting and kicking. One guy kicking wore a business suit. Don’t know how badly injured the Dallas fan was, how the incident started, or if any of those who assaulted the guy spent any time in the stadium lock up.

ESisback

Reaction score
Ask Wendell Davis about that stadium field. Worst injury I've ever seen.

He went up for a ball, caught it and when he came down both feet landed in one of the seams on the field and both knees bent backwards and his career was over. Both kneecaps were halfway up his thighs, it was hard to watch. The next week on the pregame, they do a close up of that turf and that seam much to the chagrin of the City as a lawsuit from Davis and his wife would be forthcoming.

We knew people from our time in Baton Rouge that knew them and they said when that piece was aired in pregame, the Davis' had to get an unlisted number from all the attorney calls.

The field was the hands down voted worst field in the NFL every year until they decided to blow it up. Whoever designed that should have been put in the Vet jail.
Indeed!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My brother described a scene from a men’s room in The Vet:

A man dressed in Cowboy garb in a fetal position on the floor. A group of Eagle fans surrounded him, cursing, spitting and kicking. One guy kicking wore a business suit. Don’t know how badly injured the Dallas fan was, how the incident started, or if any of those who assaulted the guy spent any time in the stadium lock up.
Hell, they probably put the Dallas fan in the lock up for scuffing Eagles fans' shoes.

JayFord

Reaction score
for a franchise that has won a superbowl in recent years the cowboys living in their head rent free is amusing

give me a SB this year and see if i care that much about another team

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

• Since 2020, it’s 1-1.

Same reason why poor people hate rich people.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only time I've ever seen the home team applaud for an opposing teams injury was the Eagles when Irvin went down.
What we didn't see that night tells a different story.

When we lived in PA we met quite a few Eagles fans and some season ticket holders. These two couples that had been friends for years had season tickets and were in the stands that night Irvin played his last game. One of the guys tried to get people to stop and was hit in the back of the head and had to be taken to the ER. There's a side we did not see, the fans that do not agree with what really is a minority of fans but they were empowered by the image of Eagles fans. They think the booing Santa thing is hilarious and really cool. Those people gave up their season tickets because of the continuing behavior by a bunch of animals.

When Johnny Carson asked Alex Karras what team had the worst fans, he didn't hesitate, Philly. They gather at Easter to boo the little kids that don't find any eggs. One of the funniest lines I ever heard.

waving monkey

Reaction score
The Eagle fans need to grow up and grow a set. I hate whiners.
If I were an Eagles fan i would sue the entire organization for mental distress.
Kye signs
1], Poor self-care, engaging in risky behavior. Eagles fans stink.

2], Hopelessness, or feelings of being overwhelmed and worthless.>Blaming others
for their inadequacies.

Redline360

Reaction score
Well i live in Jersey so the Eagles would be the most hated fans around here. I grew up tailgating at the phils games whenever possible and went to many eagles games too(free tickets). The fans were night and day different.

It may be totally different nowadays with the Eagles fans but YEARS ago they were the absolute trashiest fans ever. Haven't been to an eagles game in like 15 years lol. Like 90% of my friends would be Giants fans so i doubt ill ever go to another eagles game