News: Why everyone is wrong about Dallas Cowboys’ Tony Romo Part II: Hall of Fame

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
http://i998.***BLOCKED***/albums/af106/soulstring69/romoanddez_zpsaae38c73.jpg

lostar2009

Reaction score
Going by that, since training is so much more advanced now, Olympic Champions in the high jump should now be clearing over 8'.

I dunno possibly. But if they aren't winning medals no one cares. He has the record in high jumps but no hold medals ??? That's will be the argument.

lostar2009

Reaction score
I have two words for you

DAN MARINO

We all know Dan was special. He broke A LOT of qb records. Some are still unbroken to this day. The ones that was broken was done by super elite qbs. Dan did this before the league turn into a "passing league".On top of his records he has a mvp, roy, 3 all pro, 9 pro bowls, and sb apperance. As of now I will be hypocritical and say if someone does make it into the HOF base off stats they will have to be super of good. Now let's compare this resume to Romos. You see how it differs ?

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I could not care less if Romo gets into the HOF. And I would bet that he is not even thinking that far ahead.

But, only idiots, smart *****, trolls, golfers and tennis players that have never played a team sport blame Romo for the 8-8 seasons, "eliminations games", "spot light games" or any other nonsense they try to come up with to blame him for the TEAMS losing seasons.

However, if, and this is a big if, or maybe not...if Romo does win a SB...those fools will be the first ones in line to want to celebrate with the FANS that know Romo is a damn good QB.

The poor bastid, Romo, has broken more bones in his body trying to help a team win without a good oline, a good defense, good coaching, yet somehow the fools that dog him despite if he ever wins a SB, will say now that it was the TEAM that helped him win.

Perception is reality...but, not everything that people think they see is real.

We all know Dan was special. He broke A LOT of qb records. Some are still unbroken to this day. The ones that was broken was done by super elite qbs. Dan did this before the league turn into a "passing league".On top of his records he has a mvp, roy, 3 all pro, 9 pro bowls, and sb apperance. As of now I will be hypocritical and say if someone does make it into the HOF base off stats they will have to be super of good. Now let's compare this resume to Romos. You see how it differs ?

Tyke1doe said:
And whether people like it or not, a quarterback is judged based on ...
1.) His stats
2.) His Super Bowls
3.) His awards (league or Super Bowl MVP)
4.) His competition/contemporaries

Dan Marino.

1.) Check!
2.) small check or half a check! (One appearance but he at least has been to one and was the main reason Miami got to the Super Bowl.)
3.) Check! League MVP
4.) Check! (He played during the Elway, Montana era. And Dan was considered right up there with them. His stats were better than Elway's and Montana's.)

perrykemp

Reaction score
Dan Marino.

1.) Check!
2.) small check or half a check! (One appearance but he at least has been to one and was the main reason Miami got to the Super Bowl.)
3.) Check! League MVP
4.) Check! (He played during the Elway, Montana era. And Dan was considered right up there with them. His stats were better than Elway's and Montana's.)

Marino:
  • MVP
  • 8 playoff victories
  • 1 Superbowl appearance (a loss)
  • Absolutely blew the lid off of the QB single season TD record
  • Shined most brightly under the lights on MNF and led his team to a victory against what many experts believe to be the best team in NFL history - the 1985 bears. It was the only game the Bears lost that season. That's when I first noticed the greatness of Dan Marino -- I imagine many others did on that evening as well.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Marino:
  • MVP
  • 8 playoff victories
  • 1 Superbowl appearance (a loss)
  • Absolutely blew the lid off of the QB single season TD record
  • Shined most brightly under the lights on MNF and led his team to a victory against what many experts believe to be the best team in NFL history - the 1985 bears. It was the only game the Bears lost that season. That's when I first noticed the greatness of Dan Marino -- I imagine many others did on that evening as well.

The two Super Bowl matches I wanted to see but didn't happen (excluding the Cowboys, of course)

The Bears vs. Dolphins in a rematch of the 85 regular season game.
The Broncos vs. Vikings in 99.

:(