Why hasn't Dez signed yet

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Its been almost a week now and he hasn't signed anywhere, it sounded to me like an NFC East team was all but ready to get him when he said he looks forward to playing us twice a year.

He also hasn't visited with any team either.

thoughts?

erod

Reaction score
I heard this morning that the Cowboys tried hard to trade him, but no team would take on his contract. Couldn't even get a 7th round pick for him because of that salary.

He's probably looking at a 1-year prove-it deal for about $6 million.

Roc Nation is useless. They don't work hard for their clients.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its been almost a week now and he hasn't signed anywhere, it sounded to me like an NFC East team was all but ready to get him when he said he looks forward to playing us twice a year.

thoughts?
I am surprised as I assumed his agent had already felt out some teams to gauge the interest and maybe he has and Dez is holding out to get on with a payback team as he hasn't backed off on that yet.

If I am an East GM, I would be thinking about Dez's showdowns with the best CB's in the past and note what happens when his mindset goes there. And if I were Dez, I would be thinking about how another Cowboys WR wanted revenge against his old team and what transpired with that.

I don't care how far they say he's matured, he's immature and as long as he's carrying on this vendetta in the media, he's only hurting himself. His reaction to what happened might have the teams that were interested backing off and rethinking that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Makes sense to wait til after the draft. GM's are i bit busy with that right now.
They are but if they have WR in the top 3 of their board, wouldn't considering Dez maybe address that? He said it's not about money but how much money is he talking about? He might have an inflated view of his worth because there aren't any obvious tire kickers right now. It is as if this was a non happening and I find that odd as I think the guy can still play and I would have thought offers would have been coming in and they may be but they could be low balling.

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I heard this morning that the Cowboys tried hard to trade him, but no team would take on his contract. Couldn't even get a 7th round pick for him because of that salary.

He's probably looking at a 1-year prove-it deal for about $6 million.

Roc Nation is useless. They don't work hard for their clients.

Erod May I ask where did you here that?

BigD_95

Reaction score
I heard that the Ravens are the team with the most interest

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

thoughts?

I'd say that the Cowboys did him absolutely no favors in waiting until they did to release him.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
2 things: He has baggage and his production has dropped.

In Dallas we tend to over value our players. Dez isn't that good. 28th in receiving yards in 2017. 51st in 2016. GMs know this. There is no mad dash to sign the guy.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd say that the Cowboys did him absolutely no favors in waiting until they did to release him.

I've seen it written several times the Cowboys would have gained back more salary cap space had they waited until June 1 to cut him. I don't know how accurate that is, but if true the Cowboys actually could have made it much worse for Dez.

Ddisco22

Reaction score

thoughts?
Hold on, I'll ask his agent...lol
he is no longer a cowboy, why are we still creating threads?