Why I’m excited for next year

Dreski

Reaction score
I've always wanted and still want to be a chef. It's like a bucket list thing.
I love cooking. It's wonderful to me. There aren't any good chef programs in El Paso though.
Some of the most talented cooks/chefs I’ve ever met started as dish washers not knowing anything about cooking! Culinary programs are nice to have but it doesn’t always make a good chef

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I'm excited about the coaching changes but I wont have high expectations the next 2 seasons.

Londonboy

Reaction score
So what about this Year?
Will it be Spam fritters and boiled cabbage?

Aven8

Reaction score
The new coaching staff is what's giving me optimism and hope for 2020 and beyond as well. A decade was wasted on a wannabe coach that was never qualified for the job and never grew into it either. That's over. And now, this team will no longer be at a constant disadvantage when it comes to coaching. No longer will they be completely talent reliant and needing player talent to overcome coaching shortcomings.

I just hope that the talent window hasn't been completely wasted in the meantime. Sadly, McCarthy and Co are coming in just as this team is facing big issues in personnel. Between a ton of free agents, and recent huge misses in the draft, player talent is taking a dip.

I see it as an opportunity for this staff to build a team with the guys they want. 25 FA’s is a good thing IMO.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I see it as an opportunity for this staff to build a team with the guys they want. 25 FA’s is a good thing IMO.

In some ways, yes.

But it's more of a challenge than what the previous coaching staff had ever faced.

Aven8

Reaction score
In some ways, yes.

But it's more of a challenge than what the previous coaching staff had ever faced.

That’s why I think Mike is letting Moore call plays. Imagine he installs his offense and we are like 12th in offense? Everyone looks at him like what?! He realizes that the defense and ST’s are our Achilles heals and he’s going to hopefully fix that and tweak the offense to make it better and efficient. It died when we played good teams.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s why I think Mike is letting Moore call plays. Imagine he installs his offense and we are like 12th in offense? Everyone looks at him like what?! He realizes that the defense and ST’s are our Achilles heals and he’s going to hopefully fix that and tweak the offense to make it better and efficient. It died when we played good teams.

I give McCarthy credit for not fixing what ain't broken. Despite its obvious inconsistencies, the offense finished what? Tops in the league on yardage? You don't overhaul that and I credit the man for not trying. As you said, I think he will collaborate with Moore to help to eliminate the inconsistencies and red zone scoring issues rather than trying to reinvent the wheel.

And he and the Joneses have mentioned that defense will be the top offseason priority, and rightfully so.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
This forum for the last 10 years - Garrett is not the issue! He's really smart and the players love him!
This forum now - Garrett was soooooooo the issue.
Dont just throw blanket statements.
Find any post from some of us where we said Garrett is ok and he is the solution , please ...