Why I think it's over for Garrett/ Why he looked that way on the sidelines during the 49ers game

daveferr33

Reaction score
9. He spotted his own family in their box in Niner red.

10. In his locker he found post it messages from the University of Central Rhode Island saying Jerry had said he'd be sending them his resume & when could they expect that?

11. He realized that the embarrassing photos he has of Jerry Jones have already been published and that he won't be able to use them in contract negotiations.

fifaguy

Reaction score
What game were you watching? Dude was clapping until the very end of the game haha. But I do agree, he looked scared and completely lost as a head coach yet again.

maxdallasfan

Reaction score
Ok, I did my own research, minus kickoff returns.

4 teams committed penalties on their first set of downs for the 2014 NFL Season:

Rams - holding penalty
Jets - holding penalty
Titans - false start
Cowboys - false start

Does this mean anything? Probably not. Most likely a waste of time on my end, but was curious nonetheless.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I take positions just fine. I don't have a working crystal ball.

I think Jason's a really good coach. I think he'd have a coordinator job immediately, and I think he's got a huge stable of people in and around the league who think highly of him so the curse of Wade Phillips I'm pretty comfortable dismissing out of hand. But because I think there's a better than 50% chance he's extended in Dallas, my expectation is that most of that is moot.

Tell me what evidence shows you that he's a good coach? I see ZERO evidence. So you must be looking at the fact that he's young, and he's been dubbed the next Landry. A lot of people got sucked in, no shame in that.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tell me what evidence shows you that he's a good coach? I see ZERO evidence. So you must be looking at the fact that he's young, and he's been dubbed the next Landry. A lot of people got sucked in, no shame in that.

No. I'm on record re: what all I like about Jason. We don't have to play that off-season game some more. From my perspective, a lot of people are sucked in thinking the problems in the organization are with the head coach, when the actual issues are obvious and have very little to do with the second guessing of gameday play calling and the like.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
No. I'm on record re: what all I like about Jason. We don't have to play that off-season game some more. From my perspective, a lot of people are sucked in thinking the problems in the organization are with the head coach, when the actual issues are obvious and have very little to do with the second guessing of gameday play calling and the like.

So you think Jason is a good game day coach?

Zordon

Reaction score
Steve Dennis (who hates the cowboys) just said that Jason Garrett is in complete control of the team behind the scenes.

hmmmmm

until the end of the season and he has meeting with jerry. that is when jason is at his best.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So you think Jason is a good game day coach?

It's not his strength. But I think his gameday struggles are dramatically overblown. And I think gameday decisions are both affected by the entire staff and less important than what goes on the rest of the year.