Why I Think Next Season Looks Promising

BermyStar

Reaction score
For me, it's all about aggressive play calling and play making.

If Moore plays conservative focusing on short throws and comebacks most of the time or if Dak is afraid to throw the ball to receivers running vertically away from the protection of the sidelines, it will be more of the same as it was this season with a few extra losses as the other NFC East teams improve some over this past season.
Can't tell you how many times I see QBs the last two weeks attacking downfield with fervor and just thinking "Man we need to do that!"

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1st - Kellen Moore, yeah that's right, I said it. This dude is still very young in terms of coaching experience. He turtled up when the big boys took the gloves off but he'll learn and he'll evolve. I bet he comes back with a vengence next year.

2nd - Dak, he'll be the main benefactor of Kellen's growth. I also think that leg hampered him more than we know, so the much needed rest should help.

3rd - We can't keep force feeding Zeke can we? Tony has out played him for 2 years. We gotta give him the rock. Or is management trying to make sure his 2nd contract is affordable? I can't imagine any other reason to not have him touch the rock more. I think it happens next year.

4th - Our schedulde (of course things change year to year). It didn't look tough before Brady retired, but now the Bucs aren't so scary. Does Rodgers leave GB too? If he ends up in Denver that's 2 HOF QBs we get to dodge.

Does it all add to a playoff victory or 2? Who knows, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Just my random thoughts while I wait for 5 oclock on what has been a far too busy day in the office.

1. He's Jason Garret 2.0 not the next Sean Mcvay. His offense is mostly dull and predictable.

2. Dak is a mediocre talent whose benefitted greatly both professionally and financially from being surrounded by great players. But even so, he was 6-6 outside the NFC EAST, and fluffed up his numbers against bottom 10 defenses........ he got to play 9 games against those defenses.

3. Got this one. No need to force feed a hobbled Zeke when you have a healthy Tony Pollard running for 5.5 ypc.

4. yeah ok.......

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
1st - Kellen Moore, yeah that's right, I said it. This dude is still very young in terms of coaching experience. He turtled up when the big boys took the gloves off but he'll learn and he'll evolve. I bet he comes back with a vengence next year.

2nd - Dak, he'll be the main benefactor of Kellen's growth. I also think that leg hampered him more than we know, so the much needed rest should help.

3rd - We can't keep force feeding Zeke can we? Tony has out played him for 2 years. We gotta give him the rock. Or is management trying to make sure his 2nd contract is affordable? I can't imagine any other reason to not have him touch the rock more. I think it happens next year.

4th - Our schedulde (of course things change year to year). It didn't look tough before Brady retired, but now the Bucs aren't so scary. Does Rodgers leave GB too? If he ends up in Denver that's 2 HOF QBs we get to dodge.

Does it all add to a playoff victory or 2? Who knows, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

Just my random thoughts while I wait for 5 oclock on what has been a far too busy day in the office.
Jerry is that you?

BermyStar

Reaction score
I mean the #4 of Brady retiring and Rodgers leaving to Denver possibly leaves who as the new NFC QB boss?

Hard to imagine the AFC West QB division duels between Mahommes, Rodgers, Herbert and Carr.

But that leaves Dakota to fight it out with Stafford and maybe Wilson if he rebounds after a down year.

NFC quarterbacking all of a sudden looks far weaker compared to the AFC that also has Burrow and Allen as well.

Maybe another couple of Parsons clones get drafted and Quinn takes advantage of the lesser talented conference QBs.

Maybe.

I mean, ya gotta hope for something right? As good a scenario as I could come up with right now, lol.

As demonstrated here often, the bar of expectations is at an all time low. And sinks further as time passes.

jmo
The AFC quarterbacks is like a gauntlet already, if Rodgers goes over there it's insane for real

BermyStar

Reaction score
Thanks for Sharing …..

1) I would do (endure) the Kellen Moore OC role again – IF – IF- IF McCarthy was the Co- OC… we need MM use of the RB into the attack and a change up/various looks when
Opposing teams once again counter-scheme Kellen as they know how to do .

2) The reason for McCarthy scheme for the RBs would make us more formidable in how we use the RBs as weapons both vs run,..and vs pass.
all Kellen knows is running up the gut and shotgun delay handoffs. Would strongly more prefer to see McCarthy’s spilt back misdirection set.

3) Quinn’s return as DC, means year 2 his unit will already know what to do, where to be, and because of that, they will already be playing faster when Game one gets here.

4) Must wait to see what happens per NFL draft, FA period and if there’s a surprise trade in offseason – who stays, who goes ?

5) Will there be another OL coach or will MM be allowed to retain his buddy Joe Philibin ?
Great post and excellent points. I enjoy the player acquisition periods of the off-season. I hope Philbin is anywhere but Dallas next year.

JBS

Reaction score
You don't suck when you lead the league in points scored. However, your take does suck.
True. Offense was really good the last 3 months. Good point. Not.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I said from the start "IF" we gonna win it'll be next season. I say now "IF" we don't win next season it's not gonna happen no time soon. Bengals took 31 years to get to another Super Bowl...Dallas will break that record.

RS12

Reaction score
Pom poms have apparently dried out from tears brought on by usual end of year disaster. Waving them already. Usually starts more around the draft.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score

You had me dreaming about you being right. But then I remembered the last 26 years and who's still running things. Then I awoke from this dream-back to reality.
giphy.gif

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
you listed the same reasons why i think we will be 8-9 untill proven otherwise.

LOL, if people here just want to have wishful thinking they can have more reasons than just 4.....after all, they are just all in their head, and wishes. At least give yourself a few months before gulping down more of that Jerry Jones kool-aid. Thoughts of any changes to the way this FO handles everything are mere thoughts and not based on any reality. You should know that by now after all this time. :muttley:

ESisback

Reaction score
Pom poms have apparently dried out from tears brought on by usual end of year disaster. Waving them already. Usually starts more around the draft.

Yeah, but there are more than enough Eeyores to crush the hope of normal fans.✊

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score

Nice post. I can get on board with those bullet points. The Jones boys and McClay have a lot of work ahead so this upcoming season doesn’t begin to take the shape of a “lame duck” season for McCarthy and the team.

If the Cowboys begin to stumble early, the muffled whispers of “lame duck” season will begin to get noticeably loud.