CFZ Why I think Sunday’s game will be a shootout

12+88=7

Reaction score
we need THE good Cowboys to show ie OL, run game, defense, and ST to not miss kicks.. stop with Dak already

he goes as far as that OL goes. like last year's 9er game that was all on the OL bud..no run game and 11 penalties on the OL..cant do much on offense against tea like the 9ers if you cant block mor open holes and constantly out us behind the chains. Wake up , TEAM game, call out the team.
I'm not taking a shot at Prescott. The OP said the game could be a shootout.

If the game is a shootout, Prescott has to be at his best for Dallas to win. That's a fact. That comes from being the QB. That's every team.

The Prescott supports kill me. They go through every thread, every post, searching for anyone who would say something negative or even the PERCEPTION of something negative about THEIR man.

I'm sure if Prescott throws four interceptions you would be blaming the OL, running game, defense, WRs, special teams, Moore, McCarthy, the Jones, and at the very bottom, Prescott.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would not be shocked at all if you are correct. The other reason is that there simply aren't great defenses in the NFL any more. Good and very good - yes. Capable of shutdown performances - yes. But not great. Last one I saw was the Ray Lewis Ravens.
Much like the college fb playoffs, even teams with good defenses can get scored on. Georgia had to score 42 to beat Ohio State. Sundays Game may not have that many points but I think both teams will score between 28-35 points.

plasticman

Reaction score
Purdy went against bottom of the barrel defenses mostly. The best defense he faced was the Commanders.

If the D-line can get to Purdy it's game over.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm not taking a shot at Prescott. The OP said the game could be a shootout.

If the game is a shootout, Prescott has to be at his best for Dallas to win. That's a fact. That comes from being the QB. That's every team.

The Prescott supports kill me. They go through every thread, every post, searching for anyone who would say something negative or even the PERCEPTION of something negative about THEIR man.

I'm sure if Prescott throws four interceptions you would be blaming the OL, running game, defense, WRs, special teams, Moore, McCarthy, the Jones, and at the very bottom, Prescott.
you mean like all the Trevor Lawrnce and Allen slobbering even though they didnt play great and the TEAM won anyway.

you know what sickens me is all the negativity towards Prescott,. so lets be clear, QBs needing perfect game is ridiculous expectations, Stafford won sb leading the league in INTs, 2 INts in the SB , still getting lots of luv, huh?? got new 50mil deal.. awesome huh?

how about 3 ints for brady in the nfccg a few years back, they WON!! having to say your qb needs to pay perfect or we lose is saying the team is not great and yes the part of the team, that was not great like last year OL 11 penalties, DL 3 critical penalty's, no run game, Defense getting gashed again by the RUN ONCE again.. so those are excuses OR straight up facts. so all the negativity Dak cant win playoff games or he sux vs well the team around him need to play well to give Dak a shot to play well , that an excuse or a fact?

other Qbs are helped or bailed out regular by the team concept, team complementary football..

you and all the dak/romo haters are all the same just blame the qb for team issues and fans , real fans, will come strike that balance buy pointing out facts and bringing in some positivity. like all year dak had our offense back top 5 in all importnat catrguts , yet all thehater tal INTs which we saw about half of thoser NOT his fault.. those are facts viaual proof opf each pay broken down shows that but all theters sayds its blind homerism, we say its all facts.

we dak come off that had surgery and out us top 3 in scoring , red zone scoring %, 3rd down percentage, go 8-3 and 2 of those games clearly big leads blown by the other team failures in OT.. those are facts..

daks been great, however not perfect and not just in TB but asking for perfection is insane expectations.

offlimits

Reaction score
I'm not sure... unless SF can run the ball effectively, I think DQ will dial up some coverages and expose this rookie QB.

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
IMO, Brock Purdy has been playing better than he really is. Saw him play 5-6 games in college and he was definitely hot/cold.
His rookie moment is coming. If he comes out and decides to have his welcome to the NFL game against Dallas, I would not be upset.

12+88=7

Reaction score
you mean like all the Trevor Lawrnce and Allen slobbering even though they didnt play great and the TEAM won anyway.

you know what sickens me is all the negativity towards Prescott,. so lets be clear, QBs needing perfect game is ridiculous expectations, Stafford won sb leading the league in INTs, 2 INts in the SB , still getting lots of luv, huh?? got new 50mil deal.. awesome huh?

how about 3 ints for brady in the nfccg a few years back, they WON!! having to say your qb needs to pay perfect or we lose is saying the team is not great and yes the part of the team, that was not great like last year OL 11 penalties, DL 3 critical penalty's, no run game, Defense getting gashed again by the RUN ONCE again.. so those are excuses OR straight up facts. so all the negativity Dak cant win playoff games or he sux vs well the team around him need to play well to give Dak a shot to play well , that an excuse or a fact?

other Qbs are helped or bailed out regular by the team concept, team complementary football..

you and all the dak/romo haters are all the same just blame the qb for team issues and fans , real fans, will come strike that balance buy pointing out facts and bringing in some positivity. like all year dak had our offense back top 5 in all importnat catrguts , yet all thehater tal INTs which we saw about half of thoser NOT his fault.. those are facts viaual proof opf each pay broken down shows that but all theters sayds its blind homerism, we say its all facts.

we dak come off that had surgery and out us top 3 in scoring , red zone scoring %, 3rd down percentage, go 8-3 and 2 of those games clearly big leads blown by the other team failures in OT.. those are facts..

daks been great, however not perfect and not just in TB but asking for perfection is insane expectations.
Reading and comprehension.

This is in the context of a shootout game.

Your QB must play well in these types of contest or you will lose. That's it. It's generic.

Look at your long winded post about nothing that I have posted. Just a rant.

My advice, stop posting about Prescott. Post about everything but. You'll feel better.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Reading and comprehension.

This is in the context of a shootout game.

Your QB must play well in these types of contest or you will lose. That's it. It's generic.

Look at your long winded post about nothing that I have posted. Just a rant.

My advice, stop posting about Prescott. Post about everything but. You'll feel better.
wow, id say you must be the one having issues with comprehension, gave you facts and you decided to ignore them,

Here it is again Lawrence threw 4 INt in shootout , wasn't a shootout? final scores said it was.. was Allen perfect in the Buffalo game, nope nearly 4 Tos and they also won, was dak perfect in the eagle's game, nope but was also a shootout. we won..

obvious you dont understand what team concept means,

all 4 phases need to show up , not play perfect score more then the other team.. really simple, we cannot have the entire team pay their C game , we will loose but we do not need Dak to have his A game to win if the team plays well enough to support him..

next narrative that qbs have to be perfect to win games, i already posted enough but we can keep doing this and ill still win.. those listed about Teams and coaches stepped up even when the qb wasn't perfect,

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
His rookie moment is coming. If he comes out and decides to have his welcome to the NFL game against Dallas, I would not be upset.
It's very possible he melts down against Dallas. If not Sunday and SF is able to win, then it's even more likely he melts down in Philly next week. A 7th round rookie QB riding a 10 game winning streak thru to the Super Bowl would be among the most unlikely NFL stories in history.