Why I'm All In on The Cowboys

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Was still a playoff game. We need to play with that kind of confidence.
Fine a playoff game...so what? That was still a loser team...that is a fact too.

It's a systemic problem. We "play with confidence" against poor or average teams...get up on them and stomp em in the ground.

Against good teams where we have to fight...there's nothing there.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes. The irony in being so mad at your team that you give up on one of your favorite pastimes, that brings you joy, because they hurt your feelings is hard for me to grasp.

Though, conflictingly it crosses my mind briefly after a big loss and knowing I’ll have to hear about it for one year minimally is hard to deal with at first.
So I guess it's no big deal when we win then...since it doesn't matter just something to waste time on?

Rayman70

Reaction score
I’m all in on the upcoming free agency period. I believe we will sign some LBs and linemen.
I‘m all in on the draft. I believe we will bring in players based on the FA signings that will improve the team for 2024 and beyond.
I will eventually be all in on the 2024 season, sometime by August 2024.

Naive, dumb, maybe worse. That’s just who I am.
I‘m 67 years old, and since I was 9 years old, I’ve been a baseball fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, a basketball fan of the New York Knicks, and a football fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

I’ve been a proud fan through all the glorious championship seasons of each franchise and a long suffering fan through the horrible laughing stock years of those three franchises. There have been many many seasons in all three sports when I knew my team was not the best, sometimes closer to the worst, but there was always hope on opening day, always hope that they’d make the playoffs so I could watch my team in the post-season, and there have been many years when that didn’t happen and the postseason had no allure, so I pulled for my team to ruin someone else’s dream as the seasons drew to a close. Even with the long seasons of baseball and basketball, I have never purposely missed watching one of my teams play when on TV no matter how bad they were.

I don’t love everything or everyone. I couldn’t stand Duane Thomas because he wasn’t a team player and because I loved Calvin Hill and his running style, all elbows and knees. I cursed Parcells on every 2nd down run that got stuffed after a first down inc pass because everyone watching knew we were running after an inc pass. I hated both Jerry and Jimmy for what they did. I’ve been disgusted with every offseason when every fan knew we needed to improve the OL and the defense but didn’t. Nothing has embarrassed me more than the way Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, SF, and GB ran the ball down our throats this season.

More importantly, even if Dallas does nothing to improve the run game or the defense for 2024, I’ll still be excited about every game, no matter what our record. I’ll cherish anytime the network or streaming app broadcasts the national anthem from Dallas with the lone trumpet player featured, followed by the helmets with the star appearing from a tunnel. That’s just who I am. I know the franchise hasn’t won anything more than a divisional title since 1995. I see the disfunction in the front office. I’ve watched the Bobby Carpenters and Taco Charltons come and go. I see us win because of certain players one week and lose because of them the next. I’ve seen Hall of Fame coaches on the sideline for Dallas, along with guys who never did better than 5 wins.

I‘m as frustrated as any fan by the two #1 seed teams in the NFC that lost their first playoff games despite two different teams, coaches, QBs, etc. But I’m still all in on the offseason and the 2024 season because …… well, I know no other way. I cannot become a fan of any other teams. I cannot live in negative misery for more than a few days at a time after a loss. That’s what I loved about sports when I played them and what I love about golf, the only thing I can still do. There’s always the next day, the next game, the next round or shot, the hope of improvement.. The Dallas Cowboys have made me happy when they were the bottom of their division and when they won Super Bowls. When the time comes to rebuild and we stink, I’ll still enjoy a valiant effort, the occasional win, and watching players like Bill Bates struggle to just be a part of the team.

So, yes, I’m all in! Not because I think they’ll win, not because Jerry sells me on his empty promises, not because we do this or do that, not because we pay this player or that player. I’m all in because they were My Dallas Cowboys long before they were the Jones‘s or Jimmy’s or Garrett’s or Aikman’s or Dak’s or anyone else’s. I’m all in because they are the Dallas Freakin’ Cowboys and they bring me joy.
I think Jerry and Stevie are all in you, if u know what I mean. They have showed us who they are, mask has been ripped off. Go back and watch Jerry at the Senior Bowl Presser. Listen carefully. All in has a very different meaning to him and booger...than we fans.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry I butt hurt you and your love for Parcells….lol. Relax. I never said he wasn’t a great coach, but for me winning isn’t everything. I hated him when he coached the Giants and that didn’t change just because they found an ugly Cowboys sweater that fit his fat ***
I’m from New England I didn’t like him with the Patriots either. And I told him so. And Drew Bledsoe heard me. And then gave me his autographed. He said next time at least bring a sharpie lol.

Rayman70

Reaction score
:clap::clap::clap:

heck-yeah-heck.gif
Jerry agrees.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Good job making Jerry Jones be more complacent, why improve then? If most of you have stockholm syndrome.

Now, I’m not saying you should hate the cowboys or root for another team. But have some respect for your time, if you don’t care, well then don’t come here on January crying about how bad this franchise is…
  1. It's not my job to try and influence the owners of the Dallas Cowboys from Richmond, Virginia. I'm a typical out of state Cowboys fan. I'm not seeing games in person, and I'm not walking around at age 67 wearing some player's jersey.
  2. As I said, I'm all in because the Cowboys bring me joy more often than sadness. Every season ends in sadness, but I intrinsically enjoy the Cowboys.
  3. I never cry or whine about something I have zero control over. :)

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I love how some of you who are constantly negative and complaining about the team think those of us who love the Cowboys and still get excited for games should actually be doing something to send a message to Jerry and Stephen, like we are part of the problem. "Jerry loves guys like you." That is so silly and stupid; it is not in any way a logical comment.

What exactly are you guys doing? I mean besides complaining and whining and cutting down 3/4 of the players continually? Do you still watch the games? Do you still visit the fan website and read all the news you can get your hands on about the Cowboys? Besides whining and making the rest of us miserable with idiotic rants when we don't win a game, what exactly are you doing? A good businessman knows that any publicity is good publicity, so when you come on the site every day to talk about the Cowboys, don't you think Jerry loves you guys as well, or have you not learned over the past decades that your complaining doesn't affect him in any way?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
So I guess it's no big deal when we win then...since it doesn't matter just something to waste time on?
I defined it as a past time that brings me joy and why would I give that up…and that’s what your take is?

kskboys

Reaction score
I'll be all in when Jerry learns the difference between a starting DT and a rotational DT, when he learns the difference between a starting RB and a rotational RB, when he actually learns what lateral agility is and how it affects a player's success, when we stop taking odd 2nd round picks.

Seriously, how does an NFL GM not know the difference between a starter quality player and a rotational quality player?

kskboys

Reaction score
Parcells taking a Quincy Carter team with a below average roster to 10-6 and a playoff berth was the greatest coaching miracle of the 21st century.
Yup, it's amazing how people don't see this. And then Wadesy took that Tuna-built team to 13-3 and a 1st round by.

kskboys

Reaction score
We'll know when the draft gets here whether Jerry truly means it.

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m all in on the upcoming free agency period. I believe we will sign some LBs and linemen.
I‘m all in on the draft. I believe we will bring in players based on the FA signings that will improve the team for 2024 and beyond.

I‘m 67 years old, and since I was 9 years old, I’ve been a baseball fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, a basketball fan of the New York Knicks, and a football fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

I’ve been a proud fan through all the glorious championship seasons of each franchise and a long suffering fan through the horrible laughing stock years of those three franchises. There have been many many seasons in all three sports when I knew my team was not the best, sometimes closer to the worst, but there was always hope on opening day, always hope that they’d make the playoffs so I could watch my team in the post-season, and there have been many years when that didn’t happen and the postseason had no allure, so I pulled for my team to ruin someone else’s dream as the seasons drew to a close. Even with the long seasons of baseball and basketball, I have never purposely missed watching one of my teams play when on TV no matter how bad they were.

I don’t love everything or everyone. I couldn’t stand Duane Thomas because he wasn’t a team player and because I loved Calvin Hill and his running style, all elbows and knees. I cursed Parcells on every 2nd down run that got stuffed after a first down inc pass because everyone watching knew we were running after an inc pass. I hated both Jerry and Jimmy for what they did. I’ve been disgusted with every offseason when every fan knew we needed to improve the OL and the defense but didn’t. Nothing has embarrassed me more than the way Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, SF, and GB ran the ball down our throats this season.

More importantly, even if Dallas does nothing to improve the run game or the defense for 2024, I’ll still be excited about every game, no matter what our record. I’ll cherish anytime the network or streaming app broadcasts the national anthem from Dallas with the lone trumpet player featured, followed by the helmets with the star appearing from a tunnel. That’s just who I am. I know the franchise hasn’t won anything more than a divisional title since 1995. I see the disfunction in the front office. I’ve watched the Bobby Carpenters and Taco Charltons come and go. I see us win because of certain players one week and lose because of them the next. I’ve seen Hall of Fame coaches on the sideline for Dallas, along with guys who never did better than 5 wins.

I‘m as frustrated as any fan by the two #1 seed teams in the NFC that lost their first playoff games despite two different teams, coaches, QBs, etc. But I’m still all in on the offseason and the 2024 season because …… well, I know no other way. I cannot become a fan of any other teams. I cannot live in negative misery for more than a few days at a time after a loss. That’s what I loved about sports when I played them and what I love about golf, the only thing I can still do. There’s always the next day, the next game, the next round or shot, the hope of improvement.. The Dallas Cowboys have made me happy when they were the bottom of their division and when they won Super Bowls. When the time comes to rebuild and we stink, I’ll still enjoy a valiant effort, the occasional win, and watching players like Bill Bates struggle to just be a part of the team.

So, yes, I’m all in! Not because I think they’ll win, not because Jerry sells me on his empty promises, not because we do this or do that, not because we pay this player or that player. I’m all in because they were My Dallas Cowboys long before they were the Jones‘s or Jimmy’s or Garrett’s or Aikman’s or Dak’s or anyone else’s. I’m all in because they are the Dallas Freakin’ Cowboys and they bring me joy.
How is this different from previous offseasons for you?

I suspect it's not.

blueblood70

Reaction score

That's pretty similar to the way I feel,

I mean not exactly but very very close... I mean I'm typically irritated upset until after the Super bowl but then when come March when the real new season comes then I'm back to having hope and the last time we heard Jerry Jones say he was going to do something the fans didn't believe it and that was putting Jimmy in the Ring of Honor they questioned him all the way up to the day it happened... Most said Jerry Jones ego wouldn't allow him to put him in while both were still alive and that was false.

now he's saying he's all in , I don't know what that means but maybe he does realize he's getting older maybe he does realize this window is about to slam shut on this era you know the Prescott era, Mike McCarthy on a one year deal , Dan Quinn wanting to leave and somehow can't get a job and might end up here, not really completely in it but Jerry realizes this might be the last run with this core of coaches and players....​

I don't know how he's going to swing it but I would not extend Prescott not because I don't like him not cause I don't want him here I want Mike McCarthy tied to the hip of Prescott and both of them have to earn their way onto this roster next year or we do a total reboot...​
it'd be easier to eat that big cap hit this year that extend him and force the next coaching staff to keep him if they don't want him again, I'm a fan of Prescott but I just don't think they need to extend him... You can work miracle contracts with the all the other guys you're going to sign that you kick the can for them the young guys Micah Parsons CD lamb you can redo diggs to make sure he gets his money more on the back end whatever you got to do to go all in you can blow this salary cap all the hell for the next six years to go all in this year that's what that would mean we're gonna try it one time if it doesn't work this is going to be a complete reboot it might be the Trey Lance show in 2025 along with draft picks and five years or more trying to find the next quarterback but whatever it takes, that would be my version of all in...​

movaughn88

Reaction score
I love how some of you who are constantly negative and complaining about the team think those of us who love the Cowboys and still get excited for games should actually be doing something to send a message to Jerry and Stephen, like we are part of the problem. "Jerry loves guys like you." That is so silly and stupid; it is not in any way a logical comment.

What exactly are you guys doing? I mean besides complaining and whining and cutting down 3/4 of the players continually? Do you still watch the games? Do you still visit the fan website and read all the news you can get your hands on about the Cowboys? Besides whining and making the rest of us miserable with idiotic rants when we don't win a game, what exactly are you doing? A good businessman knows that any publicity is good publicity, so when you come on the site every day to talk about the Cowboys, don't you think Jerry loves you guys as well, or have you not learned over the past decades that your complaining doesn't affect him in any way?
Chuck - for the majority of posters on here now their only burning desire is to get replies and put people down to be mad on the internet. I assume they have nothing else good in life to do, so they come here and gnash away at whoever the QB is, or complain about Jerry (been going on for 25+ years of that now on this board).

They know they have NO power to affect anything this team does so instead try to make other people feel bad about being optimistic. It's like playing a much much more rigged game of the "don't come" line in craps. When we aren't the 1 in 32 teams to win the SB, its "I told you so!!! I was right about (insert Dak, Romo, MM, Jerry)"

No one discusses substance here anymore, or if it starts, it quickly devolves into QB hate. I appreciate your post because it's a healthy way to treat sports fandom. Without hope or optimism, there's no point in subjecting yourself to the carnival.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I defined it as a past time that brings me joy and why would I give that up…and that’s what your take is?
A possible "take"...is that you suggested dont get upset. No big deal. That involves muted emotion. Which could work both ways.
Losing is no big deal. So...is winning the same deal?
The things that bring us joy can also bring disappointment.

Now...having said that...i went through a very intense personal tragedy in the last year, which completely changed my outlook on life. Aknowledging the truly important things in life. And dismissing what isnt. My life long ( 50+ years) passion for the cowboys sits around the middle. It is supposed to be for fun, of course. But im a spoiled old cowboys fan and losing playoff games like we have been, is a liitle hard in that little part of me reserved for the Dallas Cowboys.

But...life is indeed too short to obsess about it, eh?

kskboys

Reaction score
I simply cannot ignore reality to push my own emotional bias.

Is that OK if I'm not OK w/ ignoring data and info?

cald0d30s0

Reaction score
  1. It's not my job to try and influence the owners of the Dallas Cowboys from Richmond, Virginia. I'm a typical out of state Cowboys fan. I'm not seeing games in person, and I'm not walking around at age 67 wearing some player's jersey.
  2. As I said, I'm all in because the Cowboys bring me joy more often than sadness. Every season ends in sadness, but I intrinsically enjoy the Cowboys.
  3. I never cry or whine about something I have zero control over. :)
1. You still watch the games…
2. Typical cheerleader fan, that’s ok I guess..
3. Right…..

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
SOOOO much this!!!

There is no real choice but to be all in on this team, to be miserable or just be a troll.
“Happiness depends upon ourselves.” —Aristotle

If you set unrealistic expectations; you will be miserable. Sports, life, job, personal doesn't matter.

If you want them to burn it to the ground, you are going to have to wait at least a year it appears. So plan accordingly.