Why I'm All In on The Cowboys

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
The only way evil wins is when good men do nothing, Evil has consumed our once beloved franchise and dried it to a hollow shell. Time to make a stand.

The lack of success hurts, but the lack of accountability within the franchise is unforgivable. Financially supporting the franchise, and therefore propping up the corruption, is negligent.
So what are you going to do? Not watch? Because when you watch them on TV, you’re financially supporting them. So what’s it going to be?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I’m all in on the upcoming free agency period. I believe we will sign some LBs and linemen.
I‘m all in on the draft. I believe we will bring in players based on the FA signings that will improve the team for 2024 and beyond.
I will eventually be all in on the 2024 season, sometime by August 2024.

Naive, dumb, maybe worse. That’s just who I am.
I‘m 67 years old, and since I was 9 years old, I’ve been a baseball fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, a basketball fan of the New York Knicks, and a football fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

I’ve been a proud fan through all the glorious championship seasons of each franchise and a long suffering fan through the horrible laughing stock years of those three franchises. There have been many many seasons in all three sports when I knew my team was not the best, sometimes closer to the worst, but there was always hope on opening day, always hope that they’d make the playoffs so I could watch my team in the post-season, and there have been many years when that didn’t happen and the postseason had no allure, so I pulled for my team to ruin someone else’s dream as the seasons drew to a close. Even with the long seasons of baseball and basketball, I have never purposely missed watching one of my teams play when on TV no matter how bad they were.

I don’t love everything or everyone. I couldn’t stand Duane Thomas because he wasn’t a team player and because I loved Calvin Hill and his running style, all elbows and knees. I cursed Parcells on every 2nd down run that got stuffed after a first down inc pass because everyone watching knew we were running after an inc pass. I hated both Jerry and Jimmy for what they did. I’ve been disgusted with every offseason when every fan knew we needed to improve the OL and the defense but didn’t. Nothing has embarrassed me more than the way Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, SF, and GB ran the ball down our throats this season.

More importantly, even if Dallas does nothing to improve the run game or the defense for 2024, I’ll still be excited about every game, no matter what our record. I’ll cherish anytime the network or streaming app broadcasts the national anthem from Dallas with the lone trumpet player featured, followed by the helmets with the star appearing from a tunnel. That’s just who I am. I know the franchise hasn’t won anything more than a divisional title since 1995. I see the disfunction in the front office. I’ve watched the Bobby Carpenters and Taco Charltons come and go. I see us win because of certain players one week and lose because of them the next. I’ve seen Hall of Fame coaches on the sideline for Dallas, along with guys who never did better than 5 wins.

I‘m as frustrated as any fan by the two #1 seed teams in the NFC that lost their first playoff games despite two different teams, coaches, QBs, etc. But I’m still all in on the offseason and the 2024 season because …… well, I know no other way. I cannot become a fan of any other teams. I cannot live in negative misery for more than a few days at a time after a loss. That’s what I loved about sports when I played them and what I love about golf, the only thing I can still do. There’s always the next day, the next game, the next round or shot, the hope of improvement.. The Dallas Cowboys have made me happy when they were the bottom of their division and when they won Super Bowls. When the time comes to rebuild and we stink, I’ll still enjoy a valiant effort, the occasional win, and watching players like Bill Bates struggle to just be a part of the team.

So, yes, I’m all in! Not because I think they’ll win, not because Jerry sells me on his empty promises, not because we do this or do that, not because we pay this player or that player. I’m all in because they were My Dallas Cowboys long before they were the Jones‘s or Jimmy’s or Garrett’s or Aikman’s or Dak’s or anyone else’s. I’m all in because they are the Dallas Freakin’ Cowboys and they bring me joy.
I gave you a like, but it was difficult based on your previous history. I like the new you.

shabazz

Reaction score
I’m all in on the upcoming free agency period. I believe we will sign some LBs and linemen.
I‘m all in on the draft. I believe we will bring in players based on the FA signings that will improve the team for 2024 and beyond.

I‘m 67 years old, and since I was 9 years old, I’ve been a baseball fan of the St. Louis Cardinals, a basketball fan of the New York Knicks, and a football fan of the Dallas Cowboys.

I’ve been a proud fan through all the glorious championship seasons of each franchise and a long suffering fan through the horrible laughing stock years of those three franchises. There have been many many seasons in all three sports when I knew my team was not the best, sometimes closer to the worst, but there was always hope on opening day, always hope that they’d make the playoffs so I could watch my team in the post-season, and there have been many years when that didn’t happen and the postseason had no allure, so I pulled for my team to ruin someone else’s dream as the seasons drew to a close. Even with the long seasons of baseball and basketball, I have never purposely missed watching one of my teams play when on TV no matter how bad they were.

I don’t love everything or everyone. I couldn’t stand Duane Thomas because he wasn’t a team player and because I loved Calvin Hill and his running style, all elbows and knees. I cursed Parcells on every 2nd down run that got stuffed after a first down inc pass because everyone watching knew we were running after an inc pass. I hated both Jerry and Jimmy for what they did. I’ve been disgusted with every offseason when every fan knew we needed to improve the OL and the defense but didn’t. Nothing has embarrassed me more than the way Arizona, Miami, Buffalo, SF, and GB ran the ball down our throats this season.

More importantly, even if Dallas does nothing to improve the run game or the defense for 2024, I’ll still be excited about every game, no matter what our record. I’ll cherish anytime the network or streaming app broadcasts the national anthem from Dallas with the lone trumpet player featured, followed by the helmets with the star appearing from a tunnel. That’s just who I am. I know the franchise hasn’t won anything more than a divisional title since 1995. I see the disfunction in the front office. I’ve watched the Bobby Carpenters and Taco Charltons come and go. I see us win because of certain players one week and lose because of them the next. I’ve seen Hall of Fame coaches on the sideline for Dallas, along with guys who never did better than 5 wins.

I‘m as frustrated as any fan by the two #1 seed teams in the NFC that lost their first playoff games despite two different teams, coaches, QBs, etc. But I’m still all in on the offseason and the 2024 season because …… well, I know no other way. I cannot become a fan of any other teams. I cannot live in negative misery for more than a few days at a time after a loss. That’s what I loved about sports when I played them and what I love about golf, the only thing I can still do. There’s always the next day, the next game, the next round or shot, the hope of improvement.. The Dallas Cowboys have made me happy when they were the bottom of their division and when they won Super Bowls. When the time comes to rebuild and we stink, I’ll still enjoy a valiant effort, the occasional win, and watching players like Bill Bates struggle to just be a part of the team.

So, yes, I’m all in! Not because I think they’ll win, not because Jerry sells me on his empty promises, not because we do this or do that, not because we pay this player or that player. I’m all in because they were My Dallas Cowboys long before they were the Jones‘s or Jimmy’s or Garrett’s or Aikman’s or Dak’s or anyone else’s. I’m all in because they are the Dallas Freakin’ Cowboys and they bring me joy.
I maintain maximum skepticism when it comes to seeing a better roster and culture change, but there's nothing wrong with you seeing it differently.

As to this " your hope that Jerry will actually get players in their PRIME", I don't share that optimism.

The last several FA signings have either been players past their prime or guys off the couch.

Like a "Doubting Thomas", I need to see real evidence

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

Gosh I love this post. Joy can be so ephemeral that I think we need to embrace it where we find it. Well said.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
SOOOO much this!!!

There is no real choice but to be all in on this team, to be miserable or just be a troll.
“Happiness depends upon ourselves.” —Aristotle

If you set unrealistic expectations; you will be miserable. Sports, life, job, personal doesn't matter.

If you want them to burn it to the ground, you are going to have to wait at least a year it appears. So plan accordingly.
And if I were so miserable from sports, then I simply wouldn’t watch.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
A possible "take"...is that you suggested dont get upset. No big deal. That involves muted emotion. Which could work both ways.
Losing is no big deal. So...is winning the same deal?
The things that bring us joy can also bring disappointment.

Now...having said that...i went through a very intense personal tragedy in the last year, which completely changed my outlook on life. Aknowledging the truly important things in life. And dismissing what isnt. My life long ( 50+ years) passion for the cowboys sits around the middle. It is supposed to be for fun, of course. But im a spoiled old cowboys fan and losing playoff games like we have been, is a liitle hard in that little part of me reserved for the Dallas Cowboys.

But...life is indeed too short to obsess about it, eh?
Well. That’s not what o meant at all and after rereading it’s not how it came off to me at all.

The wins are fun and the losses are worse. I’m on the process of putting tbe games in perspective as well because of some personal things directly related to that game.

But I’m on no way trying to say losses some hurt. They hurt me like I’m on the team. But I’m not. Much of it has to do with the fact the team is a major part of if I spend my free time. And I love it. Maybe too much.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well. That’s not what o meant at all and after rereading it’s not how it came off to me at all.

The wins are fun and the losses are worse. I’m on the process of putting tbe games in perspective as well because of some personal things directly related to that game.

But I’m on no way trying to say losses some hurt. They hurt me like I’m on the team. But I’m not. Much of it has to do with the fact the team is a major part of if I spend my free time. And I love it. Maybe too much.
I dig.