Why is Atlanta in the SB and we are not?

lukin2006

Reaction score
I imagine if Joey Bosa was there at 4, he'd be a Cowboy...I think at that point Zeke was the correct choice...and from what I've seen, the correct choice...used properly he'll be getting us over 2000 yards from scrimmage yearly, and if our coaching staff wasn't coaching scared against Detroit and Philly he probably breaks the rookie rushing record, and if used correctly through out the year, might have been challenging 2000 yards.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That was my worst fear coming true, we simply got away from what we do best...

Game plan should have been to pound the ball and pound it some more until they cant stop it. And if they cant, then just continue to pound. Take your chances here and there with play action when its 2nd and 1 or 2. Simple concept.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Because their offense is crazy! Plus they didn't make mistakes like Dallas always seems to do.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Because Romo threw picks when he actually had a running game.. 7 INTs the whole year and basically perfect in Lambeau in freezing cold with a healthy GB secondary..

Sorry, but with Zeke in, teams wouldn't be stacking 8 and 9 in the box with the deep threat of Romo..

And Dak started off slow irrespective..

Dak started off slowly because the other QB was in the field piling up 21 points.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Zeke was awesome.
Dont see how, at this point, anyone could be too upset with the pick.
But just to be clear, if we hadnt taken Zeke, we would've probably taken Howard later according to our draft board. He also was also a Pro Bowl level stud..and finished 2nd in the NFL in rushing...and went in the 5th round (Dallas wouldve taken him instead of Tapper, probably).

But yes, it was not possible to get Bosa since SD wanted him. No chance of moving up ahead of them. So we'd have maybe taken Ramsey or traded down and gotten maybe get Tunsil or Leonard Floyd and an extra second or 3rd. Then have gotten Henry or Howard at RB.

Upset with the pick? I dont think that is really the point. The point is that you can have all the great offense you want and a great RB. But if you dont have defense and a pass rush you are going to lose. Just look at the final 4 teams that were left. Brady, Rogers, Ryan, Big Ben. All 4 guys are studs and the offenses were incredible. The team with the better defense won each time.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Upset with the pick? I dont think that is really the point. The point is that you can have all the great offense you want and a great RB. But if you dont have defense and a pass rush you are going to lose. Just look at the final 4 teams that were left. Brady, Rogers, Ryan, Big Ben. All 4 guys are studs and the offenses were incredible. The team with the better defense won each time.
Won't ever hear me argue against defense

I spelled out pretty clearly I was not in the pick Zeke at 4 camp.
I wasn't in the "it's the end of the world if we do" camp either. lol
it just wasn't my preference.

My point was that since we did take him, he has turned out to be very good.
No denying that much

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Won't ever hear me argue against defense

I spelled out pretty clearly I was not in the pick Zeke at 4 camp.
I wasn't in the "it's the end of the world if we do" camp either. lol
it just wasn't my preference.

My point was that since we did take him, he has turned out to be very good.
No denying that much

I completely agree. I was actually jumping up and down when they took him. Because I know how amazing he would be here. Fun to watch. But until this pass rush gets fixed, we arent winning any SB's. So it did little in that regard. And we still need corners and safeties.