Why is everyone blasting the OLine?

Jake0

Reaction score
Going into the season and through the first few weeks it was perhaps our biggest strength. Now all of the sudden it's a major weakness? How do you spike from a massive strength to major weakness? It just doesn't make any sense, think about why the line suddenly was weak instead of panicking.

I'm pretty sure Flozell can completely manhandle a guy like Travis Laboy.... he's dominated far better defensive ends, except when he's only using one arm. As long as his pinched nerve or stinger or whatever he had isn't serious then we're fine there. Nobody ever complained about Flo other than his false start problem. Now everyone is blasting him. Proctor's pretty terrible, that's a given. We should have Kosier back pretty soon though and then we should be alright.

The only things that should be blasted are the depth of the oline and perhaps the coaching staff for being idiots and leaving one-armed-flo in the game and letting Romo get killed. Or maybe that goes hand in hand with our depth concerns......

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
They played a bad game.

The cardinals never sent more than 4 guys once. And they whipped our lines tail.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Because 1 bad week for anyone that is a Dallas Cowboy just about turns their entire career into a failure.

These guys can play. They just need to step their game up.

DTK

Reaction score
I don't know whats worse: the fact that our OLine played uninspired or the fact that the coaching staff made no adjustments.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
it NEVER was our biggest strength. they are overrated, especially as we had a lot of primetime/national games and guys like Madden hype them up for no reason.

they don't run block well or consistently and haven't for a long time. Especially not when it counts. along with Tony imitating Drew last sunday they were deplorable and looked lost and as if they wanted the day off.

Deep_South

Reaction score
What's a little scary is that the coaches feel a one-armed Flo is better than McQuisten or anyone else, meaning we have no real depth at left tackle.

WG5516

Reaction score
We had a bad game, but we have one of the best position coaches in the league to coach those guys up.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
They played an extremely poor game vs Arizona and were also lousy vs Washington, thats why.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
I haven't seen people say it's our weakness however that was a pathetic display they put fourth against the Cardinals....l..

THUMPER

Papa
Reaction score
It wasn't just Adams, Columbo had a bad game as well and none of them were opening up any running lanes.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
If Flo was playing with one arm, the inside arm at that, then he clearly gets a pass. As someone noted earlier the bigger problem is that the coaches had no faith in Free or McQuistan to take over for a guy who was clearly struggling with one healthy arm.

Proctor is terrible. Holland cant possibly be that bad, right???

Columbo also struggled...

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Because everyone on the oline got beat like rented mules Sunday. Flo was a turnstile, Proctor was well Proctor, Gurode wouldn't snap the ball on time, Davis was ok except for the penalty after the Barber TD, and Columbo played ok I guess.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
dbair1967;2342040 said:
They played an extremely poor game vs Arizona and were also lousy vs Washington, thats why.

Add that neither of those teams are considered to have top end linemen and Washington was without one of their starters. Either suckiness is afoot or Kozier must be one of the most underrated linemen of ALL TIME!!!!

starfrombirth

Reaction score
Have all of you O-line apologist been watching the same games I have this year? First I haven't thought our line was good since the 2nd half of last year. This year, lines with much less "star" power have been outperforming ours on a weekly basis. Flozell has give up so many sacks / pressures it's stupid. He's still getting the false start penalties :bang2: Oh my god, how can you sit there and have said for the last 11 months that we had a great oline. If Tony wasn't the most elusive qb in the nfl he would have been killed a long time ago. We had gotten a lot better in the run game for a couple of games this year but at the trade off of protection. I'm not sure that's a trade i want to make for the dynamic that makes this offense score. Please, open your eyes. Take off the homer glasses and put down the kool-aid. I still love our team and will never stop cheering for our team but I know, and you should too, this o-line is not nearly as good as billed. :starspin

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
nake;2342031 said:
What's a little scary is that the coaches feel a one-armed Flo is better than McQuisten or anyone else, meaning we have no real depth at left tackle.
I can't stop thinking about that also. A little scary.

triplets92

Reaction score
theebs;2342012 said:
They played a bad game.

The cardinals never sent more than 4 guys once. And they whipped our lines tail.

yeah the card line beat us down but the cards line is set in a way to beat an oline like us. our oline is big strong and can beat up most d lines but the same strengths can turn into our biggest weakness when we face a fast, quick "I’m just going to run around you" type line. The cards DE just ran by our tackles, we couldn't catch them all game and they knew that Speed was our olines weakness and they exploited it.

Jake0

Reaction score
starfrombirth;2342068 said:
Have all of you O-line apologist been watching the same games I have this year? First I haven't thought our line was good since the 2nd half of last year. This year, lines with much less "star" power have been outperforming ours on a weekly basis. Flozell has give up so many sacks / pressures it's stupid. He's still getting the false start penalties :bang2: Oh my god, how can you sit there and have said for the last 11 months that we had a great oline. If Tony wasn't the most elusive qb in the nfl he would have been killed a long time ago. We had gotten a lot better in the run game for a couple of games this year but at the trade off of protection. I'm not sure that's a trade i want to make for the dynamic that makes this offense score. Please, open your eyes. Take off the homer glasses and put down the kool-aid. I still love our team and will never stop cheering for our team but I know, and you should too, this o-line is not nearly as good as billed. :starspin

Hmm.. the line, especially pass protection wise, looked great vs Cleveland, Philly, and Green Bay.... what games were you watching?