Why is Everyone Fixated on Rodgers and the Secondary?

deadrody

Reaction score
Yeah, I get that he passed their team down the field and ultimately threw for the winning TD, but consider the following:

Coming in, GB was averaging 3.5 yards per carry rushing the ball. They had 298 total yards rushing, or about 75 yards per game.

And then, in this game, they put up 160 yards rushing and averaged over 6 yards per carry.

In the previous 59 minutes of play, the great, unbeatable Aaron Rodgers and the Packers had 142 net yards passing.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, I get that he passed their team down the field and ultimately threw for the winning TD, but consider the following:

Coming in, GB was averaging 3.5 yards per carry rushing the ball. They had 298 total yards rushing, or about 75 yards per game.

And then, in this game, they put up 160 yards rushing and averaged over 6 yards per carry.

In the previous 59 minutes of play, the great, unbeatable Aaron Rodgers and the Packers had 142 net yards passing.
Did you see the last drive?

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I feel like if Sean Lee was in they would have ran for much less. Jaylon, sucks to say, is no where near ready and is a liability. Hitchens needs to be MLB and Lee coming back will help

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I feel like if Sean Lee was in they would have ran for much less. Jaylon, sucks to say, is no where near ready and is a liability. Hitchens needs to be MLB and Lee coming back will help

Yep..

I think Jaylon will be good if he ever heals but he is currently a liability.

IheartRomo

Reaction score

This. There's a really good chance we win both, and almost certainly one, of the last two games with Lee on the field. The run defense is HORRIFIC without Sean Lee on the field, mainly due to Smith. I feel terrible for the kid, but he's just killing us out there on nearly every down.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score

As I was saying last week...the weakside of the D-Line stinks. Irving was a nice improvement, but Collins and Crawford were horrendous.

YR

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

The Cowboys committed to playing pass defense even on probable running situations.

It was a good plan and almost worked.

khiladi

Reaction score

Exactly.. I blame prevent..

Do they think Rodgers isn't trying the whole game until the last two minutes?

pitt33

Reaction score
Yep..

I think Jaylon will be good if he ever heals but he is currently a liability.
He is a complete shell of himself. He had the surgery in Jan ‘16.

I’m afraid this is what he will be.

reddyuta

Reaction score
The point is that this team refuses to spend money on the defense in the offseason. Our offense is right there and we have a window open. Go spend the money.
its all Marinelli,he thinks 1 techs are expendable and it shows ,he is the moron.I wish he would retire and leave us alone.

bark

Reaction score
The Cowboys committed to playing pass defense even on probable running situations.

This. The could have easily shut down the packers run game only to be roasted even more by Rodgers. Gotta pick your poison with our personal

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This. The could have easily shut down the packers run game only to be roasted even more by Rodgers. Gotta pick your poison with our personal
Yes, before the game Marinelli's assistants say should we focus on the run or the pass against Green Bay? Aaron Rodgers is the QB and some kid named Jones is getting his first start at RB.

Marinelli: Gee guys, I'm going to have to think about that one...

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

mr xwalker-- i sent you a private conversation..anyway i am crushed right now..i know ..GORICO get a life..but cowboys are my get away you might say...we play killer halfs of football in three straight games and dont show up in other half it seems..is this how the ball bounces or is it coaching ?

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
This. There's a really good chance we win both, and almost certainly one, of the last two games with Lee on the field. The run defense is HORRIFIC without Sean Lee on the field, mainly due to Smith. I feel terrible for the kid, but he's just killing us out there on nearly every down.
mr iheart--- i said exact same thing..we have Lee we win both of last 2 games we lose...we should be 4-1 right now..still not a very good team but anyway that is another story