Why is Everyone Fixated on Rodgers and the Secondary?

CWR

Reaction score
The Cowboys committed to playing pass defense even on probable running situations.

It was a good plan and almost worked.

Hard for me to say anything we did defensively was "a good plan."

Sydla

Reaction score
I feel like if Sean Lee was in they would have ran for much less. Jaylon, sucks to say, is no where near ready and is a liability. Hitchens needs to be MLB and Lee coming back will help

Hitchens kinda stunk too. The game thread went nuts on one big run blaming Smith but it was Hitchens who screwed up. He was not good today. Granted maybe not as bad as Smith who was brutal.

We need a real MLB this offseason.

CWR

Reaction score
Yes, before the game Marinelli's assistants say should we focus on the run or the pass against Green Bay? Aaron Rodgers is the QB and some kid named Jones is getting his first start at RB.

Marinelli: Gee guys, I'm going to have to think about that one...

Lol thats a good point. Perhaps the execution was more the problem, however Im not sure your theory holds water because weve been gashed all year. I doubt we were playing the pass vs Gurley or even CJ Anderson.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol thats a good point. Perhaps the execution was more the problem, however Im not sure your theory holds water because weve been gashed all year. I doubt we were playing the pass vs Gurley or even CJ Anderson.

Gurley is gashing other teams. He is one of the most physically talented RBs in the NFL and his pure talent would rank highly historically.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
Yeah, I get that he passed their team down the field and ultimately threw for the winning TD, but consider the following:

Coming in, GB was averaging 3.5 yards per carry rushing the ball. They had 298 total yards rushing, or about 75 yards per game.

And then, in this game, they put up 160 yards rushing and averaged over 6 yards per carry.

In the previous 59 minutes of play, the great, unbeatable Aaron Rodgers and the Packers had 142 net yards passing.
Let's be honest. Had they not had success in the run game, don't you think they still would've thrown all over us at will?