Why is it so quiet in here, are all the haters gagging?

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
I've never rooted for the Cowboys to lose, not last night, not ever. But what last night showed me was that Garrett and company are a bunch of idiots. Where were all these adjustments and player changes before this game? Garrett always is a day late and a dollar short when it comes to making necessary adjustments. Last night just confirmed to me that he needs to be gone.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
The problem with Garrett isn't that the team wins 0 games with him. The problem with him is that if anything goes wrong the team craps its pants because he can't adapt. Which is just another way of saying he... can't coach.

The Cowboys just won against a team that's mostly on IR. People who have talked themselves into wanting the Cowboys to lose are nuts, but if you think this proves Garrett is suddenly any good just lol.

Player Pos Type Class Details
Su'a Cravens S Knee I-R Cravens had offseason surgery to trim the meniscus in his knee and is on the Injured Reserve/Left Squad list.
Phil Taylor DL Quadricep I-R Taylor Sr. has a quadriceps injury and is on the injured reserve list.
Mason Foster LB Shoulder I-R Foster has been placed on injured reserve due to a torn labrum in his shoulder.
Dustin Hopkins K Hip I-R Hipkins has landed on the injured reserve list due to a right hip rotator muscle sprain.
Jonathan Allen DL Foot I-R Allen has been designated for the injured reserve list due to a lisfranc sprain in his foot. He will be eligible to return if activated, December 17 against the Cardinals.
Spencer Long G Quadricep I-R Long is on the injured reserve list due to a quadriceps tendon injury.
Chris Thompson RB Leg I-R Thompson suffered a fractured right fibula and is on the injured reserve list.
Shawn Lauvao OL Neck I-R Lauvao is on injured reserve with a neck injury.
Terrelle Pryor WR Ankle I-R Pryor Sr. had his ankle scoped and is on the injured reserve list.
T.J. Clemmings OL Ankle I-R Clemmings is on the injured reserve with an ankle injury.
Robert Kelley RB Ankle I-R Kelley has landed on the injured reserve list due to a high-ankle sprain and a sprained MCL.
William Compton LB Foot I-R Compton has been placed on the injured reserve list with a Lisfranc sprain in his foot.
Arthur Jones DT Shoulder I-R Jones is on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.
Kevin Bowen T Ankle I-R Bowen is on injured reserve with a left ankle injury.
Trent Murphy LB Knee I-R Murphy suffered an ACL and MLC tear and will spend the entire 2017 season on the injured reserve list.
Keith Marshall RB Knee I-R Marshall has been placed on injured reserve after having surgery to repair a torn right patellar tendon.
Terrell McClain DT Toe questionable McClain has missed the the previous two games with an injured toe and it is unclear if he will suit up against the Chargers in Week 14.
Zach Brown LB Leg questionable Brown exited the last game due to a left leg injury and his status for Week 14 against the Chargers is undecided.
Morgan Moses T Ankle questionable Moses departed the previous game due to a right ankle injury and his availability for Week 14 against the Chargers is in question.
Zach Vigil LB Neck questionable Vigil left the last game with a neck injury and it is unclear if he will play Week 14 against the Chargers.
Montae Nicholson S Concussion questionable Nicholson has not able to clear concussion protocol prior to the past two games and it is undetermined if he will be available against the Chargers during Week 14.
Jordan Reed TE Hamstring questionable Reed has been held out of the previous five games with a hamstring injury and it is unknown if he will return to action Week 14 against the Chargers.
Maurice Harris WR Concussion questionable Harris was forced from the previous game due to a concussion and it is unknown if he will pass protocol in time for Week 14 against the Chargers.
Chase Roullier C Hand questionable Roullier sat out his second-straight game due to a hand injury and it is uncertain if he will play against the Chargers in Week 14.
They didn't just beat them. They beat them up. Which is what you'd expect a good team to do.

This is the dame Commanders team that lost by a combined 11 points to thr saints and thr vikings and are coming off a win.

They aren't the Browns.

And even if they were the win doesn't come with an asterisk. Just like our losses without Lee, Zeke and Tyron don't count half.

I just don't get you guys. Many of you were predicting a Cowboys loss 24 hours ago. Now today you're downplaying the win because of who we played.

That's fraudulent. That's embarrassing. That's damning.

sean10mm

Reaction score
I just don't get you guys. Many of you were predicting a Cowboys loss 24 hours ago. Now today you're downplaying the win because of who we played.

I didn't predict anything, but go ahead and argue with something you imagine I said, I guess...?

The Cowboys winning a game, and Garrett being garbage coach who won't take the team anywhere, aren't mutually exclusive ideas. This is a real simple concept.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They didn't just beat them. They beat them up. Which is what you'd expect a good team to do.

This is the dame Commanders team that lost by a combined 11 points to thr saints and thr vikings and are coming off a win.

They aren't the Browns.

And even if they were the win doesn't come with an asterisk. Just like our losses without Lee, Zeke and Tyron don't count half.

This comes from having a loser mentality. Quitters quit.

diefree666

Reaction score

They aren't the Browns.

No its called honesty. Try it.

Section446

Reaction score
This thread has devolved into chaos and ToS violations galore; locking in 3, 2, 1...

aria

Reaction score
Took 4 turnovers and special teams TD's to win and Dak can only manage 102 yards?

You're celebrating over one good stat and missing the 50 other bad ones.
Apparently you have selective reading and/or you didn't watch the game. So what if it took 4 turnovers? Everyone was comolaining about how bad our defense was now they get 4 turnivers and looked fantastic (even if Washington was banged up) and now you're complaining about that?! Is this real life? So if and when we beat Seattle, I guess no one will have a problem if I comolain it was a lousy win and didn't mean anyting becuase Chancellor is out, Sherman is out, their O line is horrendous...

aria

Reaction score
Most are SHOCKED that the Cowboys played well enough to win! Alright sanity comes back and we realize that the Deadskins are worse off than we were for injuries. We have shown we can beat up on the weak and next week we play the Giants and should be able to beat the them. Then we face real competition for the last two. We have to win one of those last two to go 9-7. Now comes the interesting part, 9-7 at present looks like we will be outside looking at the playoffs. We have to run the table to be 10-6 and with a little help have a chance of being in the playoffs.
Real competition?! So Seattle who is also very banged up, is missing their 2 best defensive players, has a horrible O line and was losing to SF last week after the first half IIRC, lost to Atlanta the week before, barely beat AZ the week before that and lost to the Commanders at home the week before that is "real competition"? LOL, Seattle may be the most over rated team in the wild card race.

lukin2006

Reaction score
yes, we beat a team we should beat.

i would not start planning the SB parade, Washington was beat up pretty badly ... and we needed a lot of breaks to still get them.

and our coaching still sucks...

and our QB did not look all that great for the 4th straight week, pre injury...

DFWJC

Reaction score
I thought we'd pull it out and we did.
But I completely get why some thought otherwise.
The recent evidence fully backed them up.
In the end, good game!
:flagwave:

erod

Reaction score
Wow, this is unbelievable. A “Cowboy fan”, and I use that term lightly, making excuses for why the Cowboys won. This is loser mentality defined. Glad your night was ruined.
I actually understand that never in NFL history has a good football team had its doors blown off four times in one season.

Washington is the most injured team in the NFL. I guess I'm not as easily impressed as you are.

Zman5

Reaction score
Just curious why it's suddenly quiet when the Cowboys started winning. I couldn't take all the negativity in the live thread so I checked out here for a breath of fresh air but all is silent. Looking forward to more bashing and conspiracy theories that Gruden must be on Goodells payroll to throw the game.

One of the best performances of the year on several fronts against a division rival. I expected to win but not like this. Couldn't be more happy. Sleep tight haters, I don't how difficult it is to sleep after watching the Cowboys win but you must be miserable. On the other hand I'll be having very nice dreams of destroying the most inept team in the NFL next week who also happens to be a division rival.

Did you once stop to think why they waited this long to make some of the adjustments they made last night? Just having Kavon Frazier out there to help with the run instead of BJones could have helped in previous three games.

Why does it take this coaching staff 3 weeks to make a simple adjustment like that?

aria

Reaction score
Sorry that I don’t wear the homer glasses. I cheered as loud as anyone when Switzer ran that punt back. It was fun to destroy Washington... that doesn’t mean the team did everything well. Can we not admit Dak threw some pretty ugly passes? Does it mean we aren’t really fans if we point out that the offense had 4 3 and outs to start the game even though the defense and special teams were making plays? Do we want to be the Chicago Bears(win with defense and special teams) or is it the ultimate goal to be the Patriots(be able to win every way)?
I promise you I'm the furthest thing from a homer and I understand the game wasn't perfect but there were several areas of improvement. Does it mean it will last? Of course not but it's encouraging and the rest of our schedule is very winnable.