Why Is It? Thread to Post Why Things Happen (Karma)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
One of the following, Wife, Girlfriend, Kids. :muttley:

It's a self-esteem issue. When a big moment occurs, you become far more self-aware. When it doesn't. Stuff still happens, you are just far less self-aware because you aren't doing any healthy self-inspection before a big date.

I found relaxing makes the entire process much easier and you connect easier with the employer. If you know the job, then just let the questions come. Take them in stride. When you worry, you become less natural and you are less likely to have a good interview. If you aren't a fit for the job, don't interview for it. You're wasting your time and theirs. If you get hired, you will be fired or put in a position that you will not like.

If I catch someone lying on their resume, that is an immediate no go for me. I won't hire liars if I can help it. Apply for jobs you can do. If you want a job you can't do. Train for it and practice. Learn whatever you can. Then let the employer know this is what you want to do. Never lie about something you know nothing about. You will be exposed for what you are. A liar and your future at that company is doomed one way or another.
As for the "big date", I think most of that is stress related. Stress can bring on acne, cold sores, lack of attention to the counter top rapidly rising toward your forehead while picking up the bread you just dropped (peanut butter side down), etc.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Why is it that I never drop any paperwork in the parking lot unless it's raining?
This only happens when you fail to...

tenor.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why is it when you lose or misplace something, it's always in the last place you look?

Why is it when you carry 3 quarters, 2 dimes, 2 nickels and 4 pennies in your pocket that you fell so lucky for having the correct change?

Why do wives get onto their husbands for not being more open about their feelings and when we do share them, they don't like us. Might there have been a perfectly good reason for not sharing them.

Why is it women want us to be honest until they ask about their *** in that dress?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why is it when you lose or misplace something, it's always in the last place you look?

Why is it when you carry 3 quarters, 2 dimes, 2 nickels and 4 pennies in your pocket that you fell so lucky for having the correct change?

Why do wives get onto their husbands for not being more open about their feelings and when we do share them, they don't like us. Might there have been a perfectly good reason for not sharing them.

Why is it women want us to be honest until they ask about their *** in that dress?
When I was married, I knew that each day, I had to set aside 45 to an hour, to listen to her tell me about all the insignificant little details of her day; things like how her new teller's boyfriend's nephew's girlfriend's mother's car got scratched in her driveway.

Then she'd ask how my day was, and I'd say, "I don't wanna relive it, now that I'm home, relaxing."

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Pharmaceutical commercials are so freaking generic nowadays...

Why is it that if someone stripped the audio and written wordage from a drug commercial, and merged that muted commercial with audio from a totally DIFFERENT drug commercial, the end result would play as a 'normal' drug commercial?

EDIT: *generic* not genetic

Last edited:

timb2

Reaction score
Why is it, I could go to a matinee movie and I will be the only one in the movie theater and some other moviegoer comes into the movie and sits close to me? But have to be the most obnoxious person,getting on their phone,taking their shoes off,,talking back to the movie screen.100 seats in this movie theatre and they are right next to me.......;Same thing happens at a food place.This other person could sit anywhere but they want to be right next to me with their out of control kids,talking on their phone,etc. ...I have actually moved and watch this person move near me still.Some old bat that smokes like a chimney and my young 2 year old son and so I move and they move also. Why do I have to get to the point to say "Look you old hag ,you want lung cancer,not me or my son want it".

timb2

Reaction score
Why is it, I always go to Walmart and throughout the whole store there will that annoying trashy family in every aisle and it does not matter what aisle I go to, they will find a way to find me and to get on my nerves even follow me to the same checkout line?

Why is it , that hot chick at the gym before I can even get up the nerve to talk to her that some moron doofus will bother her and scare her away?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Why do I always see the kitchen help exit the public restroom without visiting the sink?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Why do I always see the kitchen help exit the public restroom without visiting the sink?
I asked about that once at Burger King, and they said there's a sink for employees in the back....Of course, that doesn't keep their germs off the doorknob, after I've already washed my hands.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
*Why is it? When I look for something there is one thing always in the way ,like in a drawer a Phillips Screwdriver is in the way .but when you need a Phillips Screwdriver you can't find it then???

*Why is it? You finally secure that hot date with that beautiful chick you like,all of sudden you get some temporary repulsive deformity . All of sudden a day before the big date you get poison ivy all over .Your 40 years old and you break out in pimples on your face? You're haircut the day before and you get the Hair Stylist from Hell who butchers your hair.

*You have rehearsed this big job interview days before,but on that day everything goes wrong, traffic accident, you woke up late,you forget something,you're pant zipper decides to break...

Add your own.
Having a bad attitude breeds bad things that will happen to you. It’s a fact.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I asked about that once at Burger King, and they said there's a sink for employees in the back....Of course, that doesn't keep their germs off the doorknob, after I've already washed my hands.
LOL! That's encouraging. So they get their fecal-laden digits all over everything on their way to the "back", prolly forgetting they had they hands in their arse along the way and start prepping for the lunch or dinner rush.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL! That's encouraging. So they get their fecal-laden digits all over everything on their way to the "back", prolly forgetting they had they hands in their arse along the way and start prepping for the lunch or dinner rush.
If I owned or ran a restaurant, I'd be sure the employees washed their hands before leaving the bathroom, so people could see it, then wash them again once inside the kitchen...then put on gloves.